• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adult Swim Games are like Devolver Digital Junior. Publishing kickass game after kickass game.

If I see Adult Swim is publishing a game, it automatically goes on my wishlist.
I can't say the same for Devolver Digital. While they have a track record of doing good things, they also have a few games that don't resonate with everyone (ask morningbus how much he loves Devolver for publishing some of the Serious Sam games).

Hell, Devolver Digital has the distinction of publishing the only game I've ever removed from my Steam account.

Were you double-jumping during that section? I found that yes, with just bashing alone, it came up a bit short, but a bash followed by an air jump gave me more than enough reach.

Did plenty of double-jumping. For the most part it's an easy section.

Most of the deaths came towards the end, when I have to get from the spider to the other side of the screen. I suppose it would depend on the angle of the bash, but it always felt like I needed the double-jump just to cover the distance. Even then, I'd miss it and
drown

L.O.R.D

i wonder how the online of rocket league on PS4 now
can we play with them right now ?

160x160x57-smirking-face.png.pagespeed.ic.bk0-TaZO9Z.jpg

Is there a way to only install a game's soundtrack in Steam? I noticed the client says I have the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack available to listen to, but when I try to listen to it nothing happens, which I'm guessing is because I uninstalled it. Not really sure why it shows up if it's not installed.

Chariot

Yes yes, you start off having some good fun with a central European nation and conquer stuff nice and easily, then you take on a bit of a harder challenge, like maybe saving Byzantium, and before you know it you're up at 5am, planning how to take over the HRE as Ulm and cursing goddamn Captain Habsburg and his stupid face and stupid nose. Or starting as Ethopia and turning Germany Jewish.

It's fun alright.
Haha, I hope I will get to playing a harder challenge, but currently I am 20 or 30 hours in this Extended Timeline game and not even where the game would normally start. Two goals i want to fullfill: 1) getting to 2015 and 2) conquering the whole world. After that I probably will looking for another map, always our world is boring.

But btw. I would try these exotic versions, but I had already trouble to conquer the HRE with Brandenburg, I got like 75% of it until the game ended, not even mentioning my plan of conquering Europe :(

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Robo-Fortune has been activated!

Robo-Fortune is Ms. Fortune's mechanical simulacrum, created by Lab 0 to destroy the Skullgirl. Strangely, this digital doppelganger has also inherited Ms. Fortune's penchant for terrible puns.

Thanks to the incredible support of Skullgirls’ fans, Robo-Fortune is the last of five additional characters funded by Lab Zero’s Indiegogo campaign to be added to Skullgirls Encore. Robo-Fortune comes equipped with all manner of advanced weaponry, including lasers, chainsaws, and mouse missiles. And of course she is made with the same stunning, feature-quality animation and great gameplay you've come to expect from Skullgirls and Lab Zero Games!

Sony likes how Valve does business so much that they're even imitating Maintenance Tuesdays now.

sucks being that I wanted to try out that toy car soccer game

Wow, just played through two episodes of The Walking Dead which legitimately got my hopes up for games as an art form again. It breaks my heart that so few games actually experiment with storytelling and interaction, and storytelling through interaction. Are all Telltale games this good? Is the second season worth picking up? Is the DLC?

Oh interesting, thanks!

Unfortunately when I try it with Hotline Miami 2, it just says Invalid Manifest. :( Oh well.

I can't try right now, but it worked with Grim Fandango for sure. Iirc, Steam gave me no message (succes or error), but it still downloaded the soundtrack in the "content" folder.

Wow, just played through two episodes of The Walking Dead which legitimately got my hopes up for games as an art form again. It breaks my heart that so few games actually experiment with storytelling and interaction, and storytelling through interaction. Are all Telltale games this good? Is the second season worth picking up? Is the DLC?

TWD is fine but do yourself a favor and get Wolf Among Us

I can't try right now, but it worked with Grim Fandango for sure. Iirc, Steam gave me no message (succes or error), but it still downloaded the soundtrack in the "content" folder.

Yeah I just tried it with Portal 2 and it worked. It must be something weird with HM2. For some reason Portal 2 doesn't show up in my music library though, doh.

L.O.R.D

remember when portal 2 when released and have cross play with the PS3 version ?
that day when the PSN went down for 2 month

today , rocket league is also cross play play

sooo ?

iosefe

sooo ?

Matchmaking is cross play. there are working on a system to allow Cross platform partying, but at this moment it's only amtchmaking.

unfortunately, the servers were borked, i blame NA Sony

Pretty much all of the Telltale games in that particular style came after the success of The Walking Dead. The only other ones I've played are The Wolf Among Us (highly recommended, I prefer it to TWD) and Tales From the Borderlands (recommended if you like Borderlands).

The Telltale games before Walking Dead are mostly basic point and click adventure games of varying quality, no real choices or consequences of any sort.

zychi

Banned
Are there any good places to buy discount Steam credit? I really want the FFXIV expansion, but don't want to pay $40 for it.

MUnited83

For you.

sooo ?
So nothing, the PSN going down had nothing to do with Portal 2 and has nothing to do with Rocket League today.

Pretty much all of the Telltale games in that particular style came after the success of The Walking Dead. The only other ones I've played are The Wolf Among Us (highly recommended, I prefer it to TWD) and Tales From the Borderlands (recommended if you like Borderlands).

The Telltale games before Walking Dead are mostly basic point and click adventure games of varying quality, no real choices or consequences of any sort.
Yeah, I played Sam & Max and Puzzle Agent back when. I meant Telltale post The Walking Dead, should've been clearer on that, sorry. I'll definitely pick up Wolf Among Us as soon as I'm finished with TWD (which at this rate might be 2morrow or smth).

ViviOggi

Rather play Life Is Strange tbh

The telltale games are very much diamond-shaped narratives that lack true consequences for your actions as they're trying to get everyone to the very same end. You'll do a different thing here or there but the outcome is exactly the same for all.

I like their games though i can't really play them until they've released a full season and at a discount but I'm really not under the illusion that my actions have consequences. It's more that they're pretty good story tellers and I have enjoyed their output occasionally.

I keep hearing good things about Tales of Borderlands but GoT doesnt seem to have been well received so far and TWD season 2 appears to have been a dud by many accounts. And I liked TWAU but it seems like we got all we're going to get out of that series.

Caerith

The telltale games are very much diamond-shaped narratives that lack true consequences for your actions as they're trying to get everyone to the very same end. You'll do a different thing here or there but the outcome is exactly the same for all.

I like their games though i can't really play them until they've released a full season and at a discount but I'm really not under the illusion that my actions have consequences. It's more that they're pretty good story tellers and I have enjoyed their output occasionally.

I keep hearing good things about Tales of Borderlands but GoT doesnt seem to have been well received so far and TWD season 2 appears to have been a dud by many accounts. And I liked TWAU but it seems like we got all we're going to get out of that series.

Wolf had two different outcomes--
either you bring the Crooked Man in and he's on trial, or you kill the Crooked Man and instead you're on trial
-- but either way it comes down to
"look what you did, here's a summation of your choices."
The ending falls kinda flat if you play either extreme of saint or asshole, though--
either Crooked Man tries to turn the tables on you, but your hands are clean, or everyone in town realizes you're a monster but they don't do anything about it because anyone who crosses you ends up dead. It's only really effective if you play basically good but kill Crooked Man or basically evil but spare him, and who does that?

Basically I kinda wish they'd make more Sam & Max.

S2 isn't as good as S1 but worth checking out if you like the first.
Dlc is nothing special, only worth picking up really cheap.
Definitely check out Wolf Among Us.
The thing with Telltale's games is that eventually you realize that the choices are mostly irrelevant.
S2 is particularly guilty of this.
You keep characters alive only to see them completely relegated to the background and then die anyway shortly after.
The ilusion that you're actually influencing the story falls apart.

Turfster

Speaking of which, the other day I learned that "cheesymite" sausages -- sausages with a Vegemite-laced cheese filling -- are a thing. They're pretty good.

idontbelieveyou.gif

Origin has 40% off any game over 60$ if you use the code PLAY.
Wow, such deal.
Much savings.

Sony likes how Valve does business so much that they're even imitating Maintenance Tuesdays now.

sucks being that I wanted to try out that toy car soccer game

oooh shoot you're totally right, i forgot about Maintenance Tuesdays. Good thing I have my PC on at home with steam open up. Sometimes offline mode doesn't like to work for me

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

FACE IT is a game about facing the most challenging feelings of the human experience. It uses a dark atmosphere combining classic platform mechanics with survival dynamics to bring the feeling of wandering in the deepest and darkest places of the mind and soul.

Defeat Ghosts with the power of your inner light.
Face dangerous traps in a challenging platform experience.
Find your way through mazes and puzzles.

Through game design techniques, the levels are made to invite you to make a magical and metaphorical trip to your subconscious thoughts and deal with your inner issues.
The levels represents dark aspects of human consciousness, like Fear or Attachment. By beating a level, you shall find brighter states of mind, like Love or Truth.

As you might pass through the levels, you may unlock the magical sigils and symbols that represent those new brighter states of mind and unlock the keys for the levels from the Darkest World.

The sigils are symbolic representations of the magician's desired outcome. They are symbols created to cut through the walls of the conscious thought and affect directly the unconscious mind. It's at some extent, similar to subliminal messages.

One of the techniques we use to create sigils is a Sigilization method created by Austin Osman Spare, who was a magician, as well as a painter and graphical artist. The technique consists in writing spells with your intents, and agglutinate the letters to reduce the written statements in abstract symbols. The conscious mind may not remember the meaning of the symbols, but the subconscious keeps the memories about the symbol being made. This way, the symbols and their intents charge each other, exponentially increasing their influence on the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom