• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Almost finished Loot Hero DX, as in, I only need to level up to 100 for the last achievement. Not a bad way to waste time grinding gold and exp.

wilflare

Ohhh, apparently it was in the first Indiegala Greenlight bundle too. Sending an email now and thanks for making me look that up.

wait. you need to manually email Indiegala for Greenlit keys?!

---
I thought I could wait a few hours for the HB to drop in price...
I thought wrong

Parsnip

I just noticed that I have "Westerado Demo for Beta Testing" in my library and it's a retail key. I think I'm going to ask support to remove it. It's from the Adult Swim bundle from last August it seems, but it's just a demo and it's bugging me that it's there.

I just noticed that I have "Westerado Demo for Beta Testing" in my library and it's a retail key. I think I'm going to ask support to remove it. It's from the Adult Swim bundle from last August it seems, but it's just a demo and it's bugging me that it's there.

JaseCs eyes start to glow ;)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Set Category and click the box next to "Hide this game in my library".

Out of sight, out of mind.

mrgone

wait. you need to manually email Indiegala for Greenlit keys?!

It's just this case - so far the dev's only providing Steam keys by providing proof-of-purchase via email (check the thread here.) They might just be doing that in the interrim while figuring out how all the other keys need to be distributed, but they've only made the one post about it so far.

Maniac

Banned
GMG VIP has Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for $23 USD. I am oddly tempted for the campaign even though I bought Ghosts for Xbox One for like ten bucks and still felt like it was only sort of worth it. Help me.

Maybe if I buy Korra this itch will go away.

Press F to pay respectz should hopefully sway you one way or another.
19,90€ for EU (well, Germany and Austria, dunno about the rest) people: http://www.gameliebe.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-download-online-kaufen.html Ghosts is 10,90 but I can't recommend it even for that price. They also have Watch_Doges for 6,90 (Uplay).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171063158&postcount=24

HAAAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA

HAAAHAHAAAAHAAAAHAHAHAHAA

Oh man. What a guy. Also always nice to see yet another person with that exact same fucking avatar.

Man, good stuff.

Stumpy, why are people this dumb allowed on the forum? Serious question. :p

wilflare

For a long time, "PC gaming is dead" because of a bunch of reasons (like, piracy or whatever). Then, y'know, Steam and stuff and PC gaming turns out not quite dead after all. So now some publishers are trying to murder PC gaming, and in the case of Ubi and WB they aren't even trying to make it look like an accident.

Sounds like Sony and the Vita

wilflare

Vita did nothing wrong ;_;

precisely, it did nothing wrong

think of all those POOR POOR port jobs Sony did for the various HD Remasters to the Vita - and of course, Sony isn't trying to make it look like an accident.
(and all those ignored PS Blog comments, late PS Blog announcements for Vita games (or none at all, hidden/unlisted Vita videos on PS YouTube Channel)

welp
---

I digress. Gunslinger is tons of fun!

I think the Vita had the same problem the PSP had. Console-games on a portable console. I mean all the PS3/PS4-Vita Ports show that somehow its just console games on a portable console.

I, for myself, would rather play some of the games on a console/TV instead of a handheld.

wilflare

I think the Vita had the same problem the PSP had. Console-games on a portable console. I mean all the PS3/PS4-Vita Ports show that somehow its just console games on a portable console.

I, for myself, would rather play some of the games on a console/TV instead of a handheld.

lol Type 0 was not a console game - it was a handheld game in its entirety
and its bomba on the PS4 (if not for the demo) proves that

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Axis Game Factory: AGFPRO v3.0 -- MB-EA2A73FB81D24B8B - Taken by Eila
Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-FBFD8240F3F30994 - Taken by texhnolyze

Tektonic

Speaking of watch dogs uplay, I bought a key
From a site that shall not be mentioned
for $2.30 - and now it sits firmly in my backlog. Should I bother playing it??

The story and the protagonist are both crap, but the gameplay has some nice things. Shooting and stealth are both good.

When I've got some time set aside I'll give it a try - thanks for the thoughts

There are some "puzzle lite" sequences which aren't so bad either. What I really hated was the parts in which the game forced exposition upon me, because the writing is quite bad, and the protagonist is a douche. I still played 30 hours of it, though I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it (hopefully uplay didn't delete my saves)

Eila

Game número 1700 for me:

And I'm pretty sure this one DLC activates even if you don't have Saints Row IV:

There's a bunch of other +1s on steam, not sure if anyone has the list including only the games and DLC that give +1, but if you like bloating your list check out every free game on steam, there's bound to be a few that activate.

lol Type 0 was not a console game - it was a handheld game in its entirety
and its bomba on the PS4 (if not for the demo) proves that

There are still some games that are developed specifically for a handheld, but a lot of my Vita library are games that I would rather play on a big screen (and I dont mean on a PSVita tv). They just feel and play like "big" games.

7rR5LM1.png

Close...

wilflare

There are still some games that are developed specifically for a handheld, but a lot of my Vita library are games that I would rather play on a big screen (and I dont mean on a PSVita tv). They just feel and play like "big" games.

when it comes to personal preferences - fair enough :D
it does get frustrating when it gets imposed on another (aka Vita should die since all its games are better on the big screen) - not referring to you

Oddly, I finished it yesterday and I pretty much agree with Kurt. What I wrote in the 52 games thread:

me! said:
Pretty meh really. Boring characters apart from maybe T-bone, sterile design and nonsense story. The hacking on the fly is really well done but most of the other elements are just boring. The game also runs like complete dogshit for no reason and is full of bugs. Potential for a 2nd, but they really need to find a more interesting direction.

Caerith

Some of the games that are lauded as the reason to own a Vita seem like strange choices to be on Vita in the first place. Like, Persona 4 Golden-- you really want to play a 100+ hour RPG on a tiny screen with a 5 hour battery life?

Jawmuncher

Some of the games that are lauded as the reason to own a Vita seem like strange choices to be on Vita in the first place. Like, Persona 4 Golden-- you really want to play a 100+ hour RPG on a tiny screen with a 5 hour battery life?

Yes.

Also game is actaully pretty short. I beat it in like 30 and maxed out most links.

Yes, that's the only way I can get through 100 hour JRPGs these days. Just being able to pick it up with suspend/resume wherever I want is a big plus. The "tiny screen" argument can be made against handhelds in general but I don't see why that would be a problem. It's not like P4G has bombastic visuals that benefit from a big screen.
Yes.

Also game is actaully pretty short. I beat it in like 30 and maxed out most links.
On easy? That seems really fast to me.

wilflare

yes. suspend and resume is awesome.
suspend and resume at launch is the best
and it didn't require a firmware update that bricked some systems that I know

MUnited83

For you.
Goddamn yes. The only proper way to play long RPGs is on Vita. Suspense/resume on the fly is the greatest thing ever.

Blizzard

Banned
Are Steam discussions broken for anyone else? I'm seeing stuff like this, with all thread titles and all posts blank since the Steam update today:

steam08kor.png

And that's in the client itself, so it's not like it's a web browser thing I assume.

Teeth

Started playing MGS:GZ last night while waiting for new Witcher 3 patch to drop. Wish I started this sooner.

It's so good, right? I couldn't believe I put over 10 hours into a 1.5 hour demo and really liked almost all of it. That said, things that bother me that I hope they fix in Phantom Pain but have no faith that they will:

1) You can't fall/climb down/drop off an elevated ledge while in prone position. This is super weird when you are crawling along the top of a roof or shipping container and have to go to kneeling position to drop off of it. This has got me seen so many times.

2) The first person perspective is positioned to the the center of Snakes pivot point/model instead of his head. This is a real point of contention because you can visibly see Snake's head/eyeline above a piece of geometry, then when you go to goggles, the view is blocked. I would position Snake over a bit of a ledge by crawling over it, so his chest was resting on the slight elevation and his head was clearly above the geometry, then go into first person and it's clear the camera is positioned at Snake's waist. This is such an oversight for the attention to detail that I'm used to on Kojima games.

3) The goddamn mouse cursor bug (and mouse controls in general I found lacking).

4) The camera positioning in tight spaces mixed with the really bad context sensing of Snake peeking out of an edge. So many times Snake would just walk out into the open when I wanted him to sneak up to the edge of a corner. The close tent areas are a total nightmare to sneak in appropriately because the camera doesn't shift properly into the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom