• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

You'll like the in-game recordings.

I just sampled a bit last night. Is she a 1000 year old demon?

I really thought she was a kid.

It's so good, right? I couldn't believe I put over 10 hours into a 1.5 hour demo and really liked almost all of it. That said, things that bother me that I hope they fix in Phantom Pain but have no faith that they will:

1) You can't fall/climb down/drop off an elevated ledge while in prone position. This is super weird when you are crawling along the top of a roof or shipping container and have to go to kneeling position to drop off of it. This has got me seen so many times.

2) The first person perspective is positioned to the the center of Snakes pivot point/model instead of his head. This is a real point of contention because you can visibly see Snake's head/eyeline above a piece of geometry, then when you go to goggles, the view is blocked. I would position Snake over a bit of a ledge by crawling over it, so his chest was resting on the slight elevation and his head was clearly above the geometry, then go into first person and it's clear the camera is positioned at Snake's waist. This is such an oversight for the attention to detail that I'm used to on Kojima games.

Well, now that is gonna start annoying me now that I know that.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I was a member of the GAF group on Steam but I only see one discussion topic titled "Gaf the best forum!" from September 2014. Can someone shoot me an invite in case I'm in the wrong group? Here's my profile.

Teeth

She's not. She's
a spy who is well above age. She just looks young.
Chico is a kid though, so there is some savage shit in that game.

That said, something about it reminds me of the Chris Hanson TO CATCH A PREDATOR stuff that really made me wonder about some things. There's an episode (or maybe more, I haven't seen much of it) where they use a girl who is, like, 20, but looks young. They say "We're using an actress here who CLEARLY LOOKS UNDERAGE so anyone who would be attracted to her would CLEARLY BE A PEDOPHILE"...but then, like...she's actually 20.

So...is she not allowed to have a boyfriend in real life because she looks young? If she does, is he supposed to say "My girlfriend is not attractive at all. It's a good thing she has a great, mature personality because I don't want to go to jail!" Like, are clothes and a lack of/too much/the wrong style/etc etc of makeup enough to make someone CLEARLY UNDERAGE vs not? It's weird.

Sorry :(

Messiah

Paz background from Peace Walker
I think she is a double agent pretending to be 17. So you are not to far off with the 1000 year old demon trope. Someone with deeper MGS knowledge feel free to correct me.

Edit: beaten
Thanks to Teeth changing into 1st person in Ground Zeroes will now forever bug me.

yoshizzle

the fuck did you call me?

bLnxHv8.png

Blizzard

Banned
Are Steam discussions broken for anyone else? I'm seeing stuff like this, with all thread titles and all posts blank since the Steam update today:

steam08kor.png

And that's in the client itself, so it's not like it's a web browser thing I assume.
This is working now, and I don't think I even restarted the client. I would think I was completely insane but at least I took a screenshot, wow.

Copons

Witcher 3 Done. GOTY material. Game is sublime.

(Ending Spoilers)

What is the explanation for
what happened to Ciri after he entered the tower? She just immediately regretted her decision and NOPE'd back out?

(TW3 ending spoilers, another ending I guess)

You must have been a great father figure, as in my case she jumped in the portal and I'm still waiting for her to beat the White Frost.
According to some random guide, it's because my answers didn't give her enough positive reinforcement to flip off Avallac'h and come back with me. :'(

Anteater

Just finished Higurashi When They Cry - Ch.1 Onikakushi

It's pretty good, it's a bit too slow though and the school life was kind of boring at times,
but it makes a good contrast to the change of tone in the second half and definitely helped building up the suspense and gave a sort of shock factor. Although it kind of wears off towards the end.
The lack of character art (the same were reused over and over) and the dialogues that sometimes feel a bit goofy left more to be desired, but the mystery, the suspense and the atmosphere were generally good.

There're quite a few loose ends, but I guess there are still plenty of chapters.
A bit disappointed that we didn't get to find out more about the past cases since they're families related to the younger girls, Rika and whatsherface didn't show up for majority of the story.

For those familiar with the series. Is some of the cast in Hagurashi chapter 1 going to return for the sequel(s)? I might just buy the next chapter on release, also does the anime have the same story as the VNs? I don't dare to look since I saw a shitload of spoilers whenever I search something related to this series.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
deary me I love this laptop.

MSI GE62

first time ever having a dedicated gaming system.
Last laptop was an ultrabook I had for it's battery life

Battle.net makes the 6th games client on my system. didntaskforthis.jpg

The battle.net client is much better than the individual launchers simply by virtue of being able to keep all (five) of your game clients up-to-date. Or whatever Blizzard game or two you actually play. It's simple and it does its job. It also helps it isn't some cancerous impediment to playing your games like uPlay, Origin and the beast whose name we dare not speak, lest its masters summon it once again.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yo listen up here's a story, about a little guy that lives in a blue world, and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue like him--inside and outside.

bule =depressed, because that's me.

And I don't like it one bit.
I want to be happy colors (no u goddamit).

MaxiLive

Ouf I installed Trackmania Stadium 2 yesterday and got slightly addicted to it. Such a great game :D

Then... my PC blew up :( I'm not sure what's up with it yet but I think it is the PSU. The motherboard is getting power but when trying to power up it turns off after a second without any of the fans spinning up.

I've tried removing all the hardware possible with just the Motherboard plus CPU connected but I'mg getting the same results. So either the PSU is messed up or something is shorting.

So annoying as I have a few days off work after today and was so hyped to play some Trackmania!

pahamrick

Ouf I installed Trackmania Stadium 2 yesterday and got slightly addicted to it. Such a great game :D

Then... my PC blew up :( I'm not sure what's up with it yet but I think it is the PSU. The motherboard is getting power but when trying to power up it turns off after a second without any of the fans spinning up.

I've tried removing all the hardware possible with just the Motherboard plus CPU connected but I'mg getting the same results. So either the PSU is messed up or something is shorting.

So annoying as I have a few days off work after today and was so hyped to play some Trackmania!

This is probably not your issue, but it was similar to something I had a couple years back.

Does your case have USB ports built in, with plugs that plug into the mobo? One of my cases USB ports was damaged and I didn't realize it, the system would act like how your's is right now (Mobo would get power, but no fans would spin up and would shut off right away.)

Once I unplugged the USB cables from the case to the motherboard, it started up fine.

This is probably not your issue, but it was similar to something I had a couple years back.

Does your case have USB ports built in, with plugs that plug into the mobo? One of my cases USB ports was damaged and I didn't realize it, the system would act like how your's is right now (Mobo would get power, but no fans would spin up and would shut off right away.)

Once I unplugged the USB cables from the case to the motherboard, it started up fine.
Wow your entire pc can just crap out because some usb slots on the case are messed up? Thats lame.

Regginator

Anyone else having trouble with buying games from Nuuvem? I had my eyes on the BioShock Infinite season pass, roughly converted to $5. Usually it works just fine with the Hola extension, but now it keeps saying in Portuguese that it's not available in my region. I suppose they've updated their systems? I can put it in the cart but the Paypal payment doesn't come through.

pahamrick

Wow your entire pc can just crap out because some usb slots on the case are messed up? Thats lame.

Yeah. It was driving me mental, because I had just replaced a PSU that went bad and then suddenly it refused to boot. The damaged USB port on the front was causing a short and the motherboard refused to do anything as a safety measure.

Which is good, but it was a PITA to trouble shoot as I never even considered something like that. I just happened to see someone mention something similar during google searches and it worked. So I try to mention it whenever I see that someone's system is exhibiting similar behavior.

Anyone else having trouble with buying games from Nuuvem? I had my eyes on the BioShock Infinite season pass, roughly converted to $5. Usually it works just fine with the Hola extension, but now it keeps saying in Portuguese that it's not available in my region. I suppose they've updated their systems? I can put it in the cart but the Paypal payment doesn't come through.
That started happening to me before the site got the new look, FlyVPN did the trick. Although idk if they found a way to block that as well
Yeah. It was driving me mental, because I had just replaced a PSU that went bad and then suddenly it refused to boot. The damaged USB port on the front was causing a short and the motherboard refused to do anything as a safety measure.

Which is good, but it was a PITA to trouble shoot as I never even considered something like that. I just happened to see someone mention something similar during google searches and it worked. So I try to mention it whenever I see that someone's system is exhibiting similar behavior.
Thats cool that you do cause I would never guess that the case is the issue. Ill have to make a mental note of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom