• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

I guess you could play bioshock and just set it to easy or something. I dunno, I ahve air conditioning so I'm doing alright.

Is the bug avoidable? I want to play this one day but that sounds like a bummer

It seems to be fairly widespread, but the only way I got around it was verifying the game integrity (which took like 20 min). Apparently I would have to do that every time I died at that particular boss. The boss is not really that difficult, but if I was on a harder difficulty, it may have been even more of a problem.

Issue basically is Fight boss -> die -> reload checkpoint -> go to fight boss again -> cutscene ends -> Can't move/shoot/anything. Heard it is a potential problem no matter if you play gamepad or KB/M.

Anteater

well, that's prime example of nitpicking

you should have read that piece after the end too, if it doesn't answer your questions (it kinda does), I have to say that you have nothing to worry about, I just don't wanna spoiler anything so I refrain from expanding on this.
I wouldn't watch anime until I'm done with VN if I were you, not only anime isn't as good as VN, it kinda tossed out big part of what makes VN so good, what I mean it leaves wrong impression and spoils VN, at least I think so.

Well it is nitpicking, I usually talk about what I find to be negative, doesn't mean it really bothers me as much as it sounds.
I still enjoyed it and I'm going through it the second time to see if there are details I missed, but the middle of the story was definitely the strongest part for me.

I've already went through the unlockable scenario
but I was just confused because they said Miichan is off to work on the next chapter, they said they are going to expand on the history of the town, so I was wondering what the general plot for the sequel is and whether it's a direct sequel or not.

I just found out what the anime is, it seems to be based on the same story but with a lot of things taken out, my friend almost spoiled things for me because he talked to me about the anime. I'm just going to skip that as I would imagine all the good details and build up would be much different judging from my friend's tone (who only watched the anime and didn't look too enthusiastic about it).

Arthea

I have no idea if this a widespread bug. I was able to put up cards for sale last night, even had one sell this morning but this listing I just put up a couple hours ago bugged out for some reason.

In my case it doesn't matter how widespread it is, if it's out there, it'll get to me as fast as it is possible
Hopefully volvo will fix it soon and without loss of items.

I guess you could play bioshock and just set it to easy or something. I dunno, I ahve air conditioning so I'm doing alright.

so jelly now (not even jelly, rather melted jelly), I wish I could afford an air conditioner, not to mention my PC would be ecstatic about it. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Well it is nitpicking, I usually talk about what I find to be negative, doesn't mean it really bothers me as much as it sounds. spoiler

I've already went through the unlockable scenario ... spoiler ...

I just found out what the anime is, it seems to be based on the same story but with a lot of things taken out, my friend almost spoiled things for me because he talked to me about the anime. I'm just going to skip that as I would imagine all the good details and build up would be much different judging from my friend's tone (who only watched the anime and didn't look too enthusiastic about it).

I really don't wanna spoil it to you, even structure of other parts of Higurashi may come as surprise to you, especially because you haven't watched anime. Anime isn't exactly bad or anything, it's just doesn't do justice to VN. I think it's OK to watch after VN but not other way around.

Arthea

u know wut game should be on the steams?

Nier
Nier isn't a good game, I know why gaf loves it so much, but still gameplay is most important thing in a game and always will be. I wouldn't mind a new Nier that Platinum makes on steam, I'll keep hopin and believin we gonna get this.

Ventara

Nier isn't a good game, I know why gaf loves it so much, but still gameplay is most important thing in a game and always will be. I wouldn't mind a new Nier that Platinum makes on steam, I'll keep hopin and believin we gonna get this.

I have to respectfully disagree. I found the combat quite engaging. Having to mix up your attacks between the various magic attacks and normal attacks was fun. Upgrading your skills provided for even more varied approach to taking on enemies.

For anyone who has the means to do so and is hesitating on playing Nier, I urge you to watch some gameplay videos. I'm sure you'll be convinced.

Deques

So maybe the price mistake didn't affect things for Ori too much? That is, if the page has updated correctly.

If I understand the graphs correctly then not many bought Ori when it had price mistake. There were more buyers during Summer sale than during the price mistake. So it wasn't a big loss for the devs

Volcynika

Nier is fantastic. Gameplay not be the best, but it was at least above average (I thought it was fun), and the sum of its parts makes it a great game to me.

chronomac

If I understand the graphs correctly then not many bought Ori when it had price mistake. There were more buyers during Summer sale than during the price mistake. So it wasn't a big loss for the devs

Right, which makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Hektor

Not gonna argue, as I won't change my opinion and I don't want to change yours, just stating facts.

wNzdANg.gif

Anteater

I really don't wanna spoil it to you, even structure of other parts of Higurashi may come as surprise to you, especially because you haven't watched anime. Anime isn't exactly bad or anything, it's just doesn't do justice to VN. I think it's OK to watch after VN but not other way around.

hmm yeah I guess I'll just wait for the second chapter to find out, probably for the better, thanks. I should stay off steam forum right about now too...

I begin to think that Castaway Paradise has something against me... seriously, I caught so many fish of every kind, except one, which is just not there for me ever.

You know... you should consider playing the real game ;)

Today I learned that you can master CS by watching Twitch and it's pathetically easy compared to high-level Halo. So what are you doing there?

GAF had a rough day.

I read that post before coming to this thread. And I just knew it would raise your blood pressure :p

ExoSoul

Banned

No, just no.
You can say that personally you feel like that but don't make it a general rule.
And Nier isn't even a bad game it's just lacklustre. But that's if you only see the game's mechanics, if you forego of the story, the setting, the characters, the music, the scenery, if you forego what makes Nier Nier.

Enw80Jk.png

How does this work? There are more players than owners of Ori?

Refunds?

iosefe

Rocket League might hit my top 10 goty list and Im super critical to letting games into my goty list.
Listen to this man

By the way, servers rolling back up. Seems we can do private matches, but matchmaker still has issues

*edit* matchmaking might actually be working. watch this space for more info

I'm not feeling this new GTA Online update, the clothes aren't fresh enough, the weapons trash and the vehicles are overpriced (but fun to drive at least). Blew through $5 million on this crap.

Arthea

Tales of Zestiria almost done with 2nd tier, at 86%, by this rate it'll get to Symphonia unlocked in couple of weeks, maybe 3.

I was referring to Animal Crossing :p

aww, I'm more of Rune Factory person, although I wouldn't mind Animal Crossing on steam...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ANNOUNCEMENT - LEGO Worlds Update 1 is live!

Hi all,

Content Update 1 is now live! We’ve included a heap of new items, characters, creatures and vehicles, as well as 2 new biomes and an additional brick for the building palette! Also, as promised, caves networks can now be found in new worlds!

We’ve also made some technical improvements including adding a Windowed mode, more Graphics options, and improved performance.

Here are the full patch notes;

Major Fixes
  • Resolved an issue where certain PC account types could not launch the game.
  • Crash fixes for 32bit OS.
  • Fixed a rare crash instance when pressing the windows key.
  • Fix for “Save slot” selection issue encountered by certain users.
  • Fix for game hangs caused by terrain editing tools.
  • Fixed a crash in the terrain copying tool.
  • Resolved an issue with DX11 performance.
  • Resolved an issue where Alt-Tabbing out of the game caused the camera controls to break.
  • Resolved an issue where calling up the Steam Overlay would break camera controls.
  • Resolved graphical issues caused by resolution changes.
  • Fix to prevent and deal with corrupt world data that was manifesting as “black towers”.

New Features
  • Windowed mode (resizable).
  • Cave systems.
  • Custom settings supported, and “Landscape Settings” added for more control and choices for performance vs quality on your system.
  • A Delete World button on the front end.
  • A crosshair in the editing tools to show the camera pivot point in editing tools.
  • Holding either ‘-‘ key turns off the GUI to help with screenshots. Known issue - causes a flicker on the front end when typing!
  • Tooltips added to all bricks, colours and materials in the editing tools.
  • Gameplay camera zoom on mouse wheel or pad triggers.
  • Dynamic “cut-away” in Brick Building to allow both close work and editing in caves and interiors if zoomed out.
  • An inverted corner piece added to Brick Building.

New Content
  • Biomes.
  • Items.
  • Characters.
  • Creatures.
  • Vehicles.
  • Props.

Minor Fixes
  • Camera no longer collides with props – only landscape will ‘correct’ the camera.
  • Fixed an issue where users could get stuck opening chests as certain character types.
  • Resolved certain cases where the GUI roller would stay rolled out when moving.
  • Fixed the vertical alignment of certain font characters.
  • New biome discoveries are now called out by name.
  • Mole Machine vehicles no longer behave erratically on water.
  • Fixed various instances of text fields not locking out keyboard commands correctly.
  • Fixed certain control information text not displaying in the info box.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the certain flying creatures would behave unusually if certain button sequences were pressed.
  • Fixed a problem with one of the camel idle animations.
  • Fixed a problem with GUI icons caused by sudden removal of controllers.
  • Fixed a camera issue caused by skydiving in certain contexts.
  • Tweaks to terrain editing tools to make them work better in certain contexts.
  • Studs & hearts are now permanently displayed during gameplay, in a better position.
  • Tooltips are now appear more responsively as you pass the pointer over icons.
  • Improved scrolling in GUI grids.

The game should update automatically, but if not then you may need to force Steam to pull the update down. To do this, right click on the game name in the Library, and select properties. From here, click on Local Files, then select ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache’. This will perform the update for you.

Also, for those of you who have set your launch options to –dx9, don’t forget to remove this line to launch back into the DX11 version!

We know that this will only make you hungry for more, and we will look to share our next update plans over the next couple of weeks so you’re aware of what’s coming next. In the meantime, carry on Exploring, Discovering and Creating and keep up the great feedback!

Have fun!
The LEGO® Worlds team.

I had a weird ass dream last night.

I dreamt I was on a game show (I forgot the name) and I was the only contestant and I had won. Regis Philbin from who wants to be a millionaire, says to me "Which game do you want on Steam?"

A. Vanquish

B. Shadow of the Damned

C. Asuras Wrath

D. Anarchy Reigns

I don't know why but I said C. Asuras Wrath.
The sound comes on. "Nope. sorry, the correct answer was Vanquish" and then I woke up.
the fuck? anybody ever had a dream like that?

I'll tell you, I want to play Shadow of the Damned and Vanquish so fucking bad. Asuras Wrath too, but I hear that game is like 4-5 hours long tops. Anarchy Regins? I would perhaps rather want a new powestone or something!

I had a weird ass dream last night.

I dreamt I was on a game show (I forgot the name) and I was the only contestant and I had won. Regis Philbin from who wants to be a millionaire, says to me "Which game do you want on Steam?"

A. Vanquish

B. Shadow of the Damned

C. Asuras Wrath

D. Anarchy Reigns

I don't know why but I said C. Asuras Wrath.
The sound comes on. "Nope. sorry, the correct answer was Vanquish" and then I woke up.
the fuck? anybody ever had a dream like that?

I'll tell you, I want to play Shadow of the Damned and Vanquish so fucking bad. Asuras Wrath too, but I hear that game is like 4-5 hours long tops. Anarchy Regins? I would perhaps rather want a new powestone or something!

i think it means you really want to play to play Vanquish but can't, so you get these dreams

Coreda

Just posted a LTTP thread of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with some screenshots. Luv it.

Everyone is recommending the sequel Temple of Osiris but the Steam reviews are so mixed with common complaints of bugs and poor optimization. Anyone here played it and can comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom