• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 75%

1 too.

everytime i see anything about spiderman it reminds me of spectacular spiderman and I get bummed out that it was cancelled when disney reared its ugly head in and instead of making a spiritual successor they made that garbage one with drake bell. :(

now I'm sad, thanks a lot experte.

It's a fairly new update, I tried to talk about it several times in the steam thread but nobody seems interested or plan to use it.

Ah, sorry I missed it. I think it's kinda cool. Might be a good way to offload some of the games that everyone in steamgaf has already and no one wants, like Gun Monkeys.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

The property trading board game with a twist! Based on the real-world board game that took a stand against big business and plunged its creator into a ‘David vs. Goliath’ legal battle, Anti-Opoly is the property trading game that lets players choose free enterprise or monopoly, with different rules for each path. Decide for yourself: who wins? Is it the Competitor who charges fair market value for rent? Or is it the Monopolist who amasses control over whole regions and can charge much higher fees?

Features:

• Enjoy a twist on classic Monopoly play by taking the role of a Competitor or Monopolist
  • Includes Anti-Opoly and two historical games that preceded Monopoly: Original-Opoly and Quaker-Opoly
  • Information about the true history of the Monopoly game and the legal battle over Anti-Monopoly
  • Local multiplayer for up to six players
  • Supports English, German, Russian and Dutch language options

Arthea

I haven't got a new version of No time to explain, btw
It was supposed to be free for all game owners?

Ah, sorry I missed it. I think it's kinda cool. Might be a good way to offload some of the games that everyone in steamgaf has already and no one wants, like Gun Monkeys.
It is a good idea, but after reading description I still don't understand how they plan to prevent scams, you know, trading used keys, for example.
Then again maybe they can check if a key is used, I haven't tried to trade anything yet.

r3n4ud

I haven't got a new version of No time to explain, btw
It was supposed to be free for all game owners?

It is a good idea, but after reading description I still don't understand how they plan to prevent scams, you know, trading used keys, for example.
Then again maybe they can check if a key is used, I haven't tried to trade anything yet.
Releasing next week I believe

I haven't tried it yet, but I think the way it works is when you're on your bundle library page looking at the keys, you can either click the button to reveal the key or click the button to trade it. It looks like once you reveal your key, you no longer have the option to trade it. So that should prevent used key scams. I think that's how it works.

Have: Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 - Gold Edition

Want: GTA V

Oops, sorry guys! I thought this was the IndieGala trade tab.

Arthea

I haven't tried it yet, but I think the way it works is when you're on your bundle library page looking at the keys, you can either click the button to reveal the key or click the button to trade it. It looks like once you reveal your key, you no longer have the option to trade it. So that should prevent used key scams. I think that's how it works.

if that's the case, it sucks, I have all old keys revealed! Never thought I would need them invisible.

Releasing next week I believe

my bad, I assumed it released today

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Battle for Blood is aparently 0.01€ (so, as opposed to the usual -100% errors you should actually be able to buy it) but aparently Steam is fucked because it says all my payment methods are temporarily not working (probably to do with the market bug?)

r3n4ud

Battle for Blood is aparently 0.01€ (so, as opposed to the usual -100% errors you should actually be able to buy it) but aparently Steam is fucked because it says all my payment methods are temporarily not working (probably to do with the market bug?)
Isn't it f2p?

Arthea

nope, can't buy it, just tried

Isn't it f2p?

apparently it is, what's with 1 cent then? kinda funny
If it's f2p and no paywalls I gonna try it, looks like fun

lashman

gXaxvTQ.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's because the sub type is Free on Demand.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chime -- MB-B3485B748B8F6808 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Fake Colours -- MB-114D10051D67E815 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Strata -- MB-20D9A969D9561EA3 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack -- MB-C054CFB54DFEA959 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.

t1436377363z1.png

I guess pass along the second copy of ibb & obb

Arthea

the hell is //SNOWFLAKE TATTOO//?
I watched trailer, read description and now I understand even less what that is, if that's was their plan, it's working

Shadownet

Banned
I'm running Windows 10 right now. Does anyone have a problem with Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst crashing on startup?

Also.. Namco Bandai need to chill with their name.. that's a mouthful.

Grief.exe

I'm running Windows 10 right now. Does anyone have a problem with Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst crashing on startup?

Also.. Namco Bandai need to chill with their name.. that's a mouthful.

I have problems with games crashing on boot with Windows 10.

Killing Floor 2, Witcher 3, and Counter Strike have had significant problems booting. For the latter, I have to set it to safe mode in the launch config to get it to start.

Currently Galaxy has no cloud save feature that I'm aware of (the client is out now btw), but they have an active community wishlist that the devs watch and implement features based on the highest number of votes.

If something's available on both stores I prefer GOG now, not for the client just the DRM-free factor. Steam has it beat for maturity, community, and price but it's early days.

Exactly, I WANT to support GoG's DRM free gaming with my hard earned e-bucks rather than Steam.

Cloud saving in GoG Galaxy would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I used to be sort of obsessive with backing up my save games. Cloud saving has been a real boon to me and I don't think I could go back.

Shadownet

Banned
I have problems with games crashing on boot with Windows 10.

Killing Floor 2, Witcher 3, and Counter Strike have had significant problems booting. For the latter, I have to set it to safe mode in the launch config to get it to start.
I kind of notice a problem with CS as well. I assume these problems is because we're using a preview build not the official one right? I mean hopefully it should fix itself once Windows 10 launches?

You mean Bandai Namco, right?
:)
I don't really care about them until they give me another .Hack// game. Well.. they are bringing Tales games to PC.. so.. they're on the right path.

Square Enix is slowly getting back into my good side with FFVII remake among other things.

Can anyone tell me the US price of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Bundle (complete, with DLC)? SteamPrices isn't working for me for some reason

$11.24 or 19.95 for the entire collection for both 1 & 2.

Woo, The Flame in the Flood backer beta is live! Let's try this thing. This is the first kickstarter project I have backed that I am getting to try out. Exciting for me!

lashman

The year is 3587. Conflict spans the stars as huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. In their bid for galactic supremacy, they call upon the most powerful group of mercenaries in the universe: the Awesomenauts!

Ronimo Games and Stolen Couch Games are pairing up to bring you this unique FREE Awesomenauts Theme Pack! Download and get 6 Nauts completely free of charge!

Woo, The Flame in the Flood backer beta is live! Let's try this thing. This is the first kickstarter project I have backed that I am getting to try out. Exciting for me!

I'm really excited for this. I've gotten to see it in action a few times at some Boston meetups, and there's some really interesting things going on. Now I just need to DL it when I get home (funny that in Steam the key is listed as "pre-alpha")

for you anime spammers, seems that even community threads can get locked up:

Even before this move, the Halo OT's have spun further and further off topic and become too much of a chatroom to serve their intended purpose. When Halo 5 arrives there will be an OT dedicated to that game, but there is no longer a need for a general purpose Halo thread on GAF given the history of the community. Apt thread title.

Arthea

Checked my market listings, everything seems to be in order, aside of history being somewhat messed up, it supposed to be in order of date and time, but some older items are moved to the front page and some newer back. I can see sold items in my market history, unfortunately these being cents I can't say did I get money or not, as I don't remember cents only euros in my wallet. I wish I paid closer attention yesterday.

Checked e-mail, I got e-mails about sold things too.

i just wanted to take a gentle jab at the folks with their animes. Really, it's just to show that no community is safe even in community-side

Honestly, I think we will be fine considering Steam has more than one franchise and game to talk about.

We have too many subjects to be honest.

yeah sometimes I think I'm browsing a different thread

Here's hoping there will be a lot more "anime" games on Steam for people to get angry about <3

Not too sure myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom