• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

A classic blend of action and real-time strategy
The year is 2419 and mankind is on the brink. War has devastated Earth, and mega-corporations take to the stars to fight over colonised planets. Your employer, Crayven Industries, chose you to command an army of ground and air forces on the distant world of Krig-7-B. You thought it would be just another brush-fire war in a longstanding dispute. You were wrong.

Ground Control Anthology offers a thrilling RTS experience beloved by fans and critics alike. With a trendsetting mixture of 3D action and strategic combat, it’s still just as epic as it ever was.

Ground Control Anthology includes

• The original Ground Control
  • The Dark Conspiracy expansion

Key Features

• A unique mix of 3D action and classic real-time strategy.
  • An intuitive interface designed for both novice and advanced players.
  • 30 singleplayer missions split across two factions in the original game.
  • 15 more singleplayer missions and a new faction in the Dark Conspiracy expansion.
  • Extensive multiplayer* for up to 8 players, including both co-op and competitive modes (LAN only).
  • Dozens of customisable units.
  • Expansive terrain and timeless, highly detailed visuals.

*Multiplayer notice: Because WON.net is no longer operating, playing over the Internet is no longer possible. Playing through a LAN is still available.

Command an Army. Fight for Freedom.
Ground Control II: Operation Exodus delivers real-time strategy with the flair of an action game.

It’s 2741 and the universe is at war. The savage Terran Empire is laying siege to the Northern Star Alliance, a treaty of colonies that upholds freedom and democracy. After losing the battle in space, the NSA is forced to retreat to its last stronghold. The situation is desperate, but for the NSA, destiny is at hand. Its only hope now lies in an ancient legend...

Ground Control II: Operation Exodus includes

• The original Ground Control II

Key Features

• A singleplayer campaign spread across 2 factions and 24 squad-based missions.
  • Play through the campaign in co-op with up to 2 other players.
  • Drop-in competitive multiplayer* for up to 8 players across 10 different maps (LAN ONLY).
  • Lead your squad of infantry, tanks, artillery and aircraft to freedom.
  • Command the alien Viron army and meld your troops into more powerful units.
  • Enjoy a fascinating, futuristic story with thrilling plot twists.
  • Top-quality graphics that look great – even by today’s standards!

*Multiplayer notice: Because Massgate is no longer operating, playing over the Internet is no longer possible. Playing through a LAN is still available.

Accoun

Anyone having problems with using Twitch chat via IRC? Nothing seems to appear in the client (except for a bot on one of the channels), but what I say seems to appear in the chat, at least in the Android app.

Yesterday it worked well.

Amzin

Just posted a LTTP thread of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with some screenshots. Luv it.

Everyone is recommending the sequel Temple of Osiris but the Steam reviews are so mixed with common complaints of bugs and poor optimization. Anyone here played it and can comment?

I played it through with my brother and wife and didn't encounter any optimization issues, none of us running super modern rigs or anything (I have a 760ti I think?). Bugs... there are some here and there, felt almost identical to the first where it's just wonky physics or falling through shit or things like that once in a while. If you liked the first you'll probably like the second, we certainly did.

GaussTek

aww, I'm more of Rune Factory person, although I wouldn't mind Animal Crossing on steam...

alfred-nevah.gif

We'll get a half assed Harvest Moon, though lol ;_;

AHA-Lambda

TB has a vid up about Ronin, I get his hard on for 60fps but seriously complaining about 30fps in a game like Ronin is just complaining for its sake now?

Phinor

TB has a vid up about Ronin, I get his hard on for 60fps but seriously complaining about 30fps in a game like Ronin is just complaining for its sake now?

Wouldn't you prefer if the game was running at 60 or 120fps? Or better yet, let the player decide.

Zeknurn

Would you be okay if the game didn't support resolutions higher than 720p? or not supporting keyboard and mouse input at all?

AHA-Lambda

Wouldn't you prefer if the game was running at 60 or 120fps? Or better yet, let the player decide.

I get the argument for 60 Fps of course but for a game like Ronin where you're in turn based combat 90% of the time it just seems the argument is misplaced to me.

I agree with everything else he says though, game is fun even if upgrade system is borked. I did play it on kbm though and thought it was fine.

Would you be okay if the game didn't support resolutions higher than 720p? or not supporting keyboard and mouse input at all?
>_>

aww, I'm more of Rune Factory person, although I wouldn't mind Animal Crossing on steam...

Or you could do the right thing and just buy a 3DS :p

Also Ground Control was amazing. And damn I haven't seen a reference to won.net in about a decade. I remember thinking that the 'World Opponent Network' was such a cool name back in the day.

Coreda

I played it through with my brother and wife and didn't encounter any optimization issues, none of us running super modern rigs or anything (I have a 760ti I think?). Bugs... there are some here and there, felt almost identical to the first where it's just wonky physics or falling through shit or things like that once in a while. If you liked the first you'll probably like the second, we certainly did.

I wonder if the problems that many of the Steam reviewers experienced were because of earlier versions of the game, as some mentioned even their 970 struggled at medium settings with others having worse issues. May pick it up on sale.

Amzin

I wonder if the problems that many of the Steam reviewers experienced were because of earlier versions of the game, as some mentioned even their 970 struggled at medium settings with others having worse issues. May pick it up on sale.

We played it within a month of release I think, so no idea on that. I got it basically on sale on pre-order (got it + South Park for $20) so it was certainly worth.

Soooooo Xbox games? People play those :p

Edit:
Women's breasts are integral to everything.

Cannot agree more

MaxiLive

TB knows his audience and needs content for his video. For his demographic and needs it is right to complain about 60fps, hell they should be complaining about not hitting 120fps in ever game released. Which is something I can imagine him actually mentioning in most WTF videos "I only managed to get 80 frames in this game which is disappointing".

chronomac

TB knows his audience and needs content for his video. For his demographic and needs it is right to complain about 60fps, hell they should be complaining about not hitting 120fps in ever game released. Which is something I can imagine him actually mentioning in most WTF videos "I only managed to get 80 frames in this game which is disappointing".

Oh yeah. It wouldn't be a Biscuit video if he didn't complain about some unnecessary graphical option missing.

Would Ronin benefit from 60 FPS? Well, yeah, duh. But it's developed by one dude (from what I understand at least) and it's turn-based so that higher framerate's not nearly as pivotal as it would be for a FPS or something that relies on real-time, accurate decision making.

rrvv

hmmm the new Humble Bundle

I am planing to start to create some game. is the Humble Game Making Bundle good way to invest?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh, Yatagarasu has a demo but Valve won't let me install it. WHYYYYYYY.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
hmmm the new Humble Bundle

I am planing to start to create some game. is the Humble Game Making Bundle good way to invest?

Fantastic way to invest. Some of the tools in that are great and probably never going to be this cheap collectively again, some of the engines are fairly good and easy to get into (simple to use, great tutorials out there to learn the basics and more advanced things if you take the time). Also the BTA unlocks more stuff next week, and from the contest we know there's at least two more game engines unlocking next week.

It's got a pretty great mixture of tools for both beginner and advanced users, and gives you a lot of stuff to use with RPG Maker, some fantastic spriting programs, and some good engines to use as a 'gateway drug' into game development that would be perfect for anyone who wants to experiment with making games and even get more serious about them.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Volimar

Dungeon Hero looked interesting, until I got to the comments:

Micro-Transactions.. Generic Might and Magic knock off..
Generic Skill point system that doesnt really do much for the character
cartoony enemies mixed in with lore worth enemies
having to unlock everything with Premium in game money
Just no

This is a cash cow. You need gems to increase your stats above a certain level, to improve items, to unlock heros and pets. You get 5 for completing a dungeon (3 in "easy" mode). you need 1-3 to improve your stats. To do the other things will take a VERY long time, or requires you to purchase them with real life money. You can buy in game gold with gems, but cannot buy gems with igg. If it wasn't for that, I would say its an easy, simple, if clunky, game, but well priced.

:(

IndieGala Digital Disorder Bundle

Pay $1.00
Chernobyl Commando
Desert Thunder
Eurofighter Typhoon

Pay $2.49
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold
Purgatory
Bin Weevils Arty Arcade
//SNOWFLAKE TATTOO//
Incoming Forces
Z Steel Soldiers
Chompy Chomp Chomp
Ampu-Tea
Steam Heroes
Motorama
CT Special Forces

----------------------------------------------------------

BundleStars Abstract Bundle - $2.99

Chime
Fake Colours
Glass Wing
ibb & obb: Best Friends Forever Double Pack
Khet 2.0
Reflections
Tomb of Tyrants
TRIP: Steam Edition
Nomad
Strata

r3n4ud

That was quick for Tomb of Tyrants. Jesus, was going to pick it up the other day when it released, but forgot. Now it's in a bundle...

Parsnip

IndieGala Digital Disorder Bundle

Pay $1.00
Chernobyl Commando
Desert Thunder
Eurofighter Typhoon

Pay $2.49
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold
Purgatory
Bin Weevils Arty Arcade
//SNOWFLAKE TATTOO//
Incoming Forces
Z Steel Soldiers
Chompy Chomp Chomp
Ampu-Tea
Steam Heroes
Motorama
CT Special Forces

----------------------------------------------------------

BundleStars Abstract Bundle - $2.99

Chime
Fake Colours
Glass Wing
ibb & obb: Best Friends Forever Double Pack
Khet 2.0
Reflections
Tomb of Tyrants
TRIP: Steam Edition
Nomad
Strata
You have a heart of gold, don't let them take it from you.

Might grab the abstract bundle 2.

I wonder if its like the GoG version, which was basically the original game, or if theyve patched in widescreen/high resolutions..

I had to use a mod to get it to run on widescreen/modern resolutions. Was limited to 1024X768 or something. The UI does get warped tho when you run it widescreen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now that Rebellion is bringing over its GOG stuff, maybe we'll finally get the Empire Earth games. They've been in the Rebellion dev sub for years now.

Now that Rebellion is bringing over its GOG stuff, maybe we'll finally get the Empire Earth games. They've been in the Rebellion dev sub for years now.

Jace do you know much about the upcoming GoG Galaxy client? The killer app for me is cloud saving.

I'm afraid I've gotten really used to cloud saving on my steam games.

If Galaxy has cloud saving I'd get a hell of a lot more stuff on GoG.

Arthea

I can't believe I haven't even played Khet 2.0 yet and it's in a bundle... yet again, I'm not sure it even had a good discount, had it?

That bundlestars bundle is not bad in general, if you don't have them games.
don't overlook Strata, it's quite a nice puzzle game and even Fake Colours is not bad, at least idea is good, execution is a bit sloppy, but still, a nice bundle.

I totally should stop buying games if I don't play them right away, only how to learn to do that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is the market busted? I sold 2 cards but didnt get the money >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jace do you know much about the upcoming GoG Galaxy client? The killer app for me is cloud saving.

I've yet to use Galaxy and probably never will.

Arthea

is the market busted? I sold 2 cards but didnt get the money >_>

it seems to be a new bug, I assume after yesterday's update, kinda scared to check my market listings, but I'll have at some point.

edited: btw, do these cards show in your history as sold or just there are no cards and no money?

I've yet to use Galaxy and probably never will.

Just wanted to point out that there is at least on AssCreed game there

Coreda

Currently Galaxy has no cloud save feature that I'm aware of (the client is out now btw), but they have an active community wishlist that the devs watch and implement features based on the highest number of votes.

If something's available on both stores I prefer GOG now, not for the client just the DRM-free factor. Steam has it beat for maturity, community, and price but it's early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom