• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

for you anime spammers, seems that even community threads can get locked up:

ucoqWdZ.gif

def sim

The anime stuff was last year, before we were in community IIRC. There were so many unnecessary gifs. Now it's visual novels that are on topic since they're on steam.

abracadaver

Bundle leftovers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fake Colours -- MB-B950A8EAFDAD9C9A - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Khet 2.0 -- MB-8D482F316A2B4E08 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.
Glass Wing -- MB-0E4039FA1370960B - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
TRIP: Steam Edition -- MB-B34360E0D7747744 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Tomb of Tyrants -- MB-BB9553FA68B9BF3D - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
Chime -- MB-04FCE4B7508E1D78 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.

t1436380962z1.png

I guess you guys forget earlier in the year (
or was it late last year?
) when we had a damn Visual Novel in here from the pages and pages of GIFs.

Mostly they were safe for work....Mostly.

Backed. I loved Chime and definitely want to see a sequel to it. Having Chipzel on board shows good signs so far.

It sucks that the tier with the vinyl soundtrack is so expensive. I backed it so I can hold my spot, but I'm hoping the record will be an add-on later. Regardless, I'm pretty excited for some new Chime action.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

SEEP Universe allows the exploration of four bizzarre planets, inspired by retro games.
Run, Jump and battle enemies through more than 20 stages for a 100% retro feeling. This is the game you have always dreamed of from the 16 bit era!
The battles against the bosses change the rules of the game. For example, in the first world you'll need to run away with a SEEP car from a huge boss.
This makes the game experience varied and intriguing!
You can also collect the SEEP Coins to unlock many secrets in the SEEPedia, a huge gallery where you can discover many secrets.

Features:

• 100% pixel art for a 100% retro feeling.
  • Original soundtrack product by Pedro Calquinha and André Marques, two professional
  • musicians, with the collaboration of Amadis Monteiro (drums).
  • Funny 8 bit sound effects.
  • Two characters in one with different skills.
  • Various game level design.
  • SEEPedia, a room where you can unlock pictures, info and cheat with the SEEP money.
  • Many enemies to defeat.
  • Power Ups.
  • 4 worlds and boss battle.
  • Various gameplay: platform, action, puzzle, racing and much more!
  • Secret stages to discover.
  • SEEP Shooter: excite two players co-op mode!
  • XInput and Direct Input controller support.

def sim

but that's so vague, it is available now and was for some time, I wish they just gave us the date.

Well, that's what they're saying on the reservation page for the official release. It's clear within context that they mean official release.

Arthea

Well, that's what they're saying on the reservation page for the official release. It's clear within context that they mean official release.

OK, you win, I added it to my list of things to do on 29th of July, 2016.... or we all could default to DOS and be done with it.

http://i.gyazo.com/055f74da1aefe5a3e7bb45bc5ac94e33.png[/IMG

I can't be the only one seeing the similarity.[/QUOTE]

I totally can't unsee that now
thanks?

edited: crap, Battle of Blood runs at 700 fps, why they keep doing this?! I don't like Unity engine at all.

Lain

My 7th perfect game.
x10b.png

Nothing special as a game but a good time waster with no pretense of being more than that... and on that note:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Loot Hero DX -- MB-D81333C1FF66FDC7 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 6 entrants total.

t1436382342z1.png

In case there was any doubt, the "This deep sea creature is stuff of Cthulu nightmares" thread is just as hellish as it sounds.

I want to go live on the Moon now.

Shantom

Chime # Kickstarter said:
But we have a little more work to do we get there, so we're inviting a limited number of you for TEA. Not literally; I don't like tea very much

I backed Chime but now I'm reconsidering, I just can't give cash to someone who's not promising tea.

Gintoki

Anyone tried playing Glass Wing? I tried the demo before when it went up on steam and the game was unplayable - single digit frame rate.

Teggy

I went back to AC3 so I didn't totally forget about it. The initial shine has definitely dulled. Besides the tree traversal and rock climbing everything in the game just seems so...uninspired? I'm on chapter 7 and the opportunities for stealth have been so rare so far. In most cases the game just wants you to jump in and kill everything. And most of the hunting and colonist side quests are tedious and repetitive. Going to power through though because at least there's Black Flag after this (and when I finish the Vita game and Freedom Cry).

Looks pretty nice at least.

autoduelist

If I understand the graphs correctly then not many bought Ori when it had price mistake. There were more buyers during Summer sale than during the price mistake. So it wasn't a big loss for the devs

Still profit, either way. And it can't be assumed those that bought it at the mistake price would have bought it otherwise.

lashman

Even more challenge and fun with the One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Story Pack!

The Story Pack provide access to 8 different costumes for your favorite characters: Nami, Nico Robin, Trafalgar Law and many more!

Also included: 8 new mission packs to extend your journey in the world of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3.

FREE: only with the Story Pack, get access to 10 exclusive costumes from One Piece: Pirate Warriors and 10 costumes from One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2

Anyone tried playing Glass Wing? I tried the demo before when it went up on steam and the game was unplayable - single digit frame rate.

I tried it just now and it is running fine and fluid for me, though after remapping controller buttons I can't quite figure out how to get to the main menu to quit the game.

Am I crazy or did Valve change the Steam overlay notification when you launch a game? I don't remember the round Steam logo being on there and I think the wording might be different too.

lashman

200% Mixed Juice! is the 10th Anniversary game of OrangeJuice, an old school RPG featuring a 200% mix of OrangeJuice characters.

At certain points in time and space, many fun worlds exist. Each world was created by a smart little fairy named Navi for the sake of the sleeping princess with nothing to do.

A world where you're able to experience a lively school life.
A world where you can see the skies crowded with airplanes.
A world that has fallen to ruin from endless wars...

It's time for the sleeping princess to wake up and start her adventures in those worlds.

Features:

• Over 80 characters to do battle with
  • Cutting-edge graphics to amaze your friends and neighbors with
  • A stunning digital soundtrack
  • Online multiplayer

I played through Murdered: Soul Suspect this week and felt like sharing some thoughts about it. I was really looking forward to this game before it came out because it seemed like it was going to be an interesting adventure game. But WildStar was released on the same day and, at the time, I was more interested in playing something like that. I ended up getting Murdered during this past Summer sale. (after posting I realized how funny this sentence sounds)

Anyway, there's quite a bit I really liked about it. It felt pretty good as a lite adventure game. Heavy focus on story and exploring with puzzles taking a back seat. I really got into the story, liked the characters and actually cared about them. I've always been interested in the Salem Witch Trials so having the game revolve around it was really interesting. I also love how it incorporated actual historical elements into that. Gave it a bit of an educational side to the game. I'm not a very big fan of open world games but this had just the right size of of a world to explore without feeling overwhelming. Oh, and I liked the length. I read a lot of complaints that the game was too short but that is actually a good thing to me.

As for things I didn't care for, the demon fights are at the top of the list. I feel like they only added them in there because they had to put in more traditional gaming elements. Like, what they really wanted to do was just make an adventure game but knew they don't sell very well so the stealth/combat was added in. Just didn't care for it at all. Plus, the demons look silly. I also hated how Square-Enix had to advertise other games. The police station had giant Just Cause 2 posters, the computer monitors at the desks of police officers displayed the menu screen of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, reading the mind of some NPC's would sometimes be, "What's the name of that game about a woman raiding tombs?," or something like that. For a game I found immersive this kind of stuff was very off-putting. Speaking of mind-reading NPC's, too many of them said the same thing. I also found it odd how there are people just wandering around or swinging on a swing set so late at night with a killer on the loose.

Overall, I really enjoyed and consider it one of my favorite games of 2014. I want more games like this.

I can't even judge people and their anime avatars because I've had them off for like a year or more. Also, i think my ancient as all hell avvy is kinda an anime avatar so i suppose i just hate myself

My avatar is a constant reminder of depression and despair.
Mamotte Knight 2 is never getting localized. =(
Might as well think about selling my 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom