• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Aw shucks. A dedicated protector for valuable electronics may be needed then.

No need to idle, ehr I mean watch the stream then.

He said that tomorrow they'll give away Quiplash and Coffin Dodgers, I think, so if you're interested in those they'll be before the main stream at 4pm Pacific.

I really hope I win Quiplash tomorrow. We should get some GAF gamenights going if a GAFfer wins it, since only one person needs to own it to play.

L.O.R.D

Piracy was a strong part of my life as a kid here in Brazil. Things here are expensive. Really expensive. Thus, people here pirated games as a norm. There were no original games in stores, only pirate games. I didn’t even know what it meant, or that original games were a thing until much later in life.

this is exactly me when i was in syria 8 years ago
there was laterally no original games at all ( expect the games that come with a bundle _
the average price for a legit PS3 or X 360 game is ~$150
and mostly its PES or fifa
of course , there is no legit PC games

what about downloading from xbox LIVE , sure ,,if you are very very lucky to have your own internet
i lived their only on the dial up internet
maybe once or twice i bought a 4000 ms point card for xbox ( winch is $50 card ) , and bought it for $80
and got my xbox to an internet cafe and also bought vga adapter xbox 360
xbox-vga-setup1.jpg

just to connect my xbox to a monitor so i can buy stuff
my first legit xbox 360 game was castle crashers , that game was worth all that pain

after i finished the university i went back to saudi arabia and bought new Xbox 360 and graved my friend my old modded xbox 360

rtcn63

The alienware thing was always about giving out games to get more viewers. Just show up to win shit, fuck the chat. No one owes anyone anything.

Maniac

Banned
I remember like, last Dirty Bomb stream or the one before that, it was a nice, calm, civil chat with lots of actual discusions and small talk, instead of dumbarses doing naught but spamming
ayaFYl6.png
and GIB CASE

Alienware Plays is dead, long live Alienware Plays.

Tizoc

That Humble book bundle is really tempting for the art books. Anyone know if they're worth getting? I figured I'll at least get the Remember Me one.

The Alice artbook is worth it too, some even say to forgo the game and get the artbook instead :p

He said that tomorrow they'll give away Quiplash and Coffin Dodgers, I think, so if you're interested in those they'll be before the main stream at 4pm Pacific.

I really hope I win Quiplash tomorrow. We should get some GAF gamenights going if a GAFfer wins it, since only one person needs to own it to play.
Quiplash? Just looked it up. It does look like a fun party game.

Maniac

Banned
No, they just announced during another DB stream that they're giving away shit in this. Should be less viewers the next time.

Good point, I guess.

I do quite like the atmosphere that's there when they're not giving stuff away, or atleast not advertising that they are... It's chill. And lovely.

Kifimbo

Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? is a good little game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Koala Kids -- MB-E6F431C3452140A8 - Taken by Locust. 1 entrants total.
Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? -- MB-50DCF0AAA8F29FE9 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.

t1436401004z1.png

SSPssp

I'm interested too, but something about Art Books on the computer seem strange to me.

I prefer to have the hardcover.

Right now, print always looks better to me too. But high dpi displays like an iPad or macbook pro also can look good, but monitors or displays larger than 13 inches look worse and worse.

Asgaro

I have problems with games crashing on boot with Windows 10.

Killing Floor 2, Witcher 3, and Counter Strike have had significant problems booting. For the latter, I have to set it to safe mode in the launch config to get it to start.

So... MS added backwards compatibility for Xbox One while gradually removing it for Windows.

Fuck those guys.

Win 7 64 bits SP1 master race!

L.O.R.D

What's so great about these Dirty Bomb cases anyway? Is it like CS:GO cases or something? I'd think people would be more excited for free games.

its worse
its like pay to win
is CS GO , the case don't do anything , its just cosmetic
in this came when you buy a case you get a card with a character and weapon and stats
and you can't change the weapon
and you have 1% chance to get a decent character
and if you get a really good character with high stats ( gold card for example ) and you don't have that character before, you can't use it
you have to get new case and hope you can get the same character again
watch angry joe playing the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Mo-lFlC2I

its worse
its like pay to win
in this came when you buy a case you get a card with a character and weapon and stats
and if you get a really good character with high stats ( gold card for example ) and you don't have that character before, you can't use it

It's not really so bad though. I've been playing quite a bit with my highest card being bronze (and you get A LOT of cases just by playing) and had a lot of fun vs any other card variety. I wouldn't say it's pay to win.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
its worse
its like pay to win

Nah, if you want a specific loadout, it's pretty easy to get. You can just buy it with in-game currency. If you want a chance at a higher-tier skin for the loadout, then it might take a while. The only bad part is that it takes a bit of grinding to unlock characters, but other than that it's fine.

Nyoro SF

I have problems with games crashing on boot with Windows 10.

Killing Floor 2, Witcher 3, and Counter Strike have had significant problems booting. For the latter, I have to set it to safe mode in the launch config to get it to start.

This has made me a bit nervous. There are a lot of games in my Steam library cobbled together by crazy temp hire port teams... there's no way that compatibility is assured...

Grief.exe

its worse
its like pay to win

Is this a joke? Tell me this is a joke.

That video is a travesty.

Dirty Bombs monitization is actually pretty fair, the really rare cards are just cosmetic and you can earn credits in game to purchases cases, you can easily get 2,000 credits which is 2 cases after playing just a couple matches.

FLD

He's smart. Best publicity he could ever hope for his trash game. Will get sales just of his "feud" with jim.

That's what I'd normally think but having listened to the entire interview I'm not so sure in this case. He really came across as being a bit simple. He genuinely seemed to struggle with basic concepts like what fair use is and what actually is or isn't a review, just to name a few. He kept arguing in circles and going back to the same flawed assumptions and broken logic with a constant tone of "Ha, gotcha there, Jim!".

I don't find it very difficult to believe he actually thinks that interview reflected well on him. And it really, really didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom