• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Absolutely disgusted that NotGTAV got pulled..

he can't keep getting away with this

I'm fuming right now

Indeed.

Some assholes are untoughable while they let the world around them go to shit.

tzyr2P5.gif

That's what I'd normally think but having listened to the entire interview I'm not so sure in this case. He really came across as being a bit simple. He genuinely seemed to struggle with basic concepts like what fair use is and what actually is or isn't a review, just to name a few. He kept arguing in circles and going back to the same flawed assumptions and broken logic with a constant tone of "Ha, gotcha there, Jim!".

I don't find it very difficult to believe he actually thinks that interview reflected well on him. And it really, really didn't.
Oh, haha. That does sound weird. I haven't listened to the interview and thought he's just rolling with his "image".

L.O.R.D

still reading and found some awesome stuff
When presented with the option of buying or pirating this years version of Assassins Creed, do I fork out $50 of my hard earned money and struggle with uPlay, or do I make a brief stop at Piratebay, click on a link or 3 and get the new and improved uPlay-less version for a grand total of free?

well, he have a point here , this made me laugh
i wish there is a way to play far cry 3 without uplay

I use Dolphin Emulator for playing GameCube and Wii games on my PC and I’ve pirated about 20 games. I use Dolphin partly because I really enjoy the enhanced graphics, especially when the gaming community produces excellent HD texture packs for games like Xenoblade Chronicles. I also use Dolphin out of sheer convenience - I simply can’t be bothered to dig out my Wii and GameCube, connect them up to my monitor/TV etc.

However, if there was a legal way for me to pay a few quid for Dolphin-compatible ROMs, I’d gladly do so. The fact is that pirating the ROMs is so easy and convenient vs the alternatives.

this is really a good idea
Nintendo or sony can get so much money if they allow emulating their own game on PC

for example , make their own client that can run emulate their games

Locust

Dirty Bomb really isn't pay to win atm at all (except for phantom being a bit broken, I guess). The loadout system is fair enough since you can tradeup the crap cards.

Unlocking mercs with credits is grindy as hell though (especially since card tradeups also cost credits). If I didn't get the starter pack with like 5 mercs from some giveaway I guess I could also feel a bit differently about it.

Eila

The only thing I've gotten from these alienware streams is Alone in the Dark. And now there's almost 700 viewers so it's pretty much winning the lottery luck getting stuff.
RIP free shit from alienware 2015-2015.

iosefe

The only thing I've gotten from these alienware streams is Alone in the Dark. And now there's almost 700 viewers so it's pretty much winning the lottery luck getting stuff.

then i msut be a lucky son of a bitch

FLD

Oh, haha. That does sound weird. I haven't listened to the interview and thought he's just rolling with his "image".

Oh, you should check it out if you have a couple hours to kill. It's surprisingly compelling to listen to, in that morbid "can't look away from a train wreck" kinda way. I was only planning to check the first few mins but ended up listening to the whole thing in a single sitting.

I only won alone in the dark too. Some previous winners win in almost every stream though lol

Dr.Acula

Banned
I won Alone in the Dark and DMC4, I gave away DMC4 in this thread b/c I don't like character action. I just want a case here tho :| Or a starter pack, whatevs.

Buraindo

It is hilarious and definitely worth listening to.
Shame how it turned out really, I thought a sensible discussion was still a possibility despite his, uh rather heated video response.

eBook's disgust me. Kindles. Nooks.. Garbage.

I like to smell the paper and feel the roughness as my finger tickles the page.

Y'all kids today are nuts

Heh, well said.

Alienware's stream is currently hell on earth. Chat was fun during past streams with ~100 folks, only half of them actually talking. GAF was strong.
I'm glad they're getting more views though, they're genuinely fun to watch.

Lain

eBook's disgust me. Kindles. Nooks.. Garbage.

I like to smell the paper and feel the roughness as my finger tickles the page.

Y'all kids today are nuts

eBooks are great. They can cost less and don't take up real life space.
As someone with over 5500 physical volumes of manga, I look forward to eBooks taking over here (in the year 2100).

rtcn63

I thought ozzie was kidding, being from the digital age and all.

If it weren't for e-books, I probably wouldn't read as much as I do. E-readers are light, convenient, and there's no fear of destroying the pages permanently with cheetos fingers.

This Alienware stream chat spam inspired me to write a script that filters out all of the chat except when Nightbot says something, such as to announce a winner. I really should be working. :(

L.O.R.D

If you don't want it I'll take it.

Is that literally nothing as in you didn't win, or you consider a alienware Dirty Bomb skin to be effectively nothing?

nothing as really nothing
zero , nada
just look at the inbox of my account in twitch

its really look like this

desert_dune-10362.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
People should really buy at least the 1$ tier of the Humble Bundle. In terms of games is damn great:

Labyrinthine Dreams
Last Word
Remnants of Isolation

And you get two relatively expensive engines with some dlcs as well. Also 1 year of Stencyl. Get on it!

Asgaro

Don't get your hopes up Windows 10 will feel like a polished OS.

Look at this mess.
I'm utterly disgusted. You would think things eventually will get better, but no.

Mail: Adaptive UX skinned by app team
Address Bar: Win 8.x menu style
Website Edge: Adaptive UX default menu, not skinned by app dev.
Taskbar pinned icon: XAML based context menu, (Adaptive UX, skinned by shell team).
Taskbar: old GDI/WIn32 menu with new iconography
Start tile: Adaptive UX, skinned by shell team
Window Border: GDI/Win32 menu.

You know what's even cooler? All of the adaptive UX context menus get extra padding/spacing when they're activated by long tap and hold. GDI/Win32 doesn't get that.

MS have always had a problem updating UIs.

Want to see an even funnier one? Open up the ODBC manager. Unchanged from Win2K.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/10-things-windows-10-most-excite-me

Dr.Acula

Banned
I asked for a synopsis of the Jimquisition/Digital Homicide breakdown, and said I knew absolutely nothing of Jim Sterling but put forward that "he's a reviewer that uses Nazi imagery or something" in a Jim Sterling thread.

That... was a mistake.

If only he were a racist/sexist/bully like TotalBiscuit or PewDiePie, I could have gotten away with it.

But seriously, he evokes fascist imagery. That's what he's going for, right?

Maniac

Banned
nothing as really nothing
zero , nada
just look at the inbox of my account in twitch

its really look like this

desert_dune-10362.jpg
Takes a while for Lenard to do it all manually.

Ofcourse, if you don't play Dirty Bomb I'd gladly take it off your hands in exchange for some bundle games or trading cards.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doctor Who LEGO Dimensions Trailer

why this lego game is not on steam ?

Hell, the game has a whole Portal-themed level, with Ellen McClain and Stephen Merchant reprising their roles. That should be screaming to be on Steam, and yet...

Bosstones: Sunless Sea is cool very relaxing really good to sit back w/ a cup of coffee and enjoy

Until you run out of supplies and fuel and have to sacrifice crew members to the gods.

Played Running With Rifles Demo. Pretty fun I have to say. Even though the view and controls made this old brain work a bit.

Much more importantly I am in a slump again sadly. Looking at the games in my library but I feel so apathetic.

What to do, what to do.
The dev is a long time friend of mine. Please don't pirate it.
Oh, are you also dabbling in hobby game making? There are quite many here on Gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom