• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I asked for a synopsis of the Jimquisition/Digital Homicide breakdown, and said I knew absolutely nothing of Jim Sterling but put forward that "he's a reviewer that uses Nazi imagery or something" in a Jim Sterling thread.

That... was a mistake.

If only he were a racist/sexist/bully like TotalBiscuit or PewDiePie, I could have gotten away with it.

But seriously, he evokes fascist imagery. That's what he's going for, right?

I never understood his character either but people seem to like him.
jim_dance_1cgson.gif

It's a character, right?

MUnited83

For you.
Currently sitting back with Pizza. Does that work?

Unfortunately that bar isn't very high.

Well, it's also one of the best bundles on the history of Humble Bundle, so there's that...

I mean, I get it that not many people here are interested on game development. But calling this a bad bundle just because you're not interested on it makes no sense at all. It's why always roll my eyes at people complaining about books and movies bundles. This bundle is great and has amazing value. For 12$ you get several hundreds worth of very useful software (with two engines still to be revealed next week). It's not a bad bundle by any stretch of the imagination. It's a amazing bargain.

And if you only care about games, the 1$ is a pretty darn solid deal.

I asked for a synopsis of the Jimquisition/Digital Homicide breakdown, and said I knew absolutely nothing of Jim Sterling but put forward that "he's a reviewer that uses Nazi imagery or something" in a Jim Sterling thread.

That... was a mistake.

If only he were a racist/sexist/bully like TotalBiscuit or PewDiePie, I could have gotten away with it.

But seriously, he evokes fascist imagery. That's what he's going for, right?

It's not really that. He likes the baddies in the Killzone games and they use stuff similar to nazi imagery, so that's why people get confused.

Nazis come in all shapes and forms guys. Fat, slim, leather jackets, hawaii shirts. Really not easy to differentiate just by looks.

#notallnazis

iosefe

guys, i highly urge you to get Rocket League.

while matchmaking is currently borked and slow, Private Matches are perfect
grab 5 people you know and play an awesome game., hell, grab 7 people you know and go for some gosh darn chaos.

it's definitely a fun investment. imagine playing a match where you go 0-0 into overtime, then lose by scoring into your own goal.

but you has a fucking blast while doing it

Intel

Holy... Life is Strange have good price now in newegg +_+

Ep 1+ Season pass + 15% off EMCAVAV75 = 7.5$ ...

Shadownet

Banned
i swear when the cross patform aprtying goes live, we are going to have a hell of a day

I just had my two friends over. we had a blast.
I won't play the PS4 version even though I have plus because I can't enjoy it knowing that such a better option is available. I'll get it on steam eventually, maybe :p

I dont know man. Beside graphic, which isn't really important in a game like this. I can't think of anything else that would benefit from playing this on PC.

I won't play the PS4 version even though I have plus because I can't enjoy it knowing that such a better option is available. I'll get it on steam eventually, maybe :p

iosefe

I just had my two friends over. we had a blast.

I dont know man. Beside graphic, which isn't really important in a game like this. I can't think of anything else that would benefit from playing this on PC.

smoother framerate actually. confirmed janky a bit on all but urban. and the Menu has a bug where the background stuff heats up the ps4 causing the fan to roar. easily solved by aiming at the grass, or just waiting for matches in free play mode

Jazz573

I recently finished the main part of eden*. I'm going through the extra stuff now (if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)), and man that dialog. >_>

wait a minute , LEGO Dimensions use the amiibo/skylander shit ?
oh god

Yeah, at this point, its going to cost $703 + tax US to buy the complete game. Close to $400 is you just want the game with the level and team packs.

Thats assuming that none of it will end up rare because of low production numbers and cross interest collectors (like people who aren't interested in the game but buy them just for the lego minifigs or are ip collectors such as Dr Who and Back to the Future) and then those sets end up on ebay for many times their retail prices.

Yeah this is pretty much a nightmare situation.

The hub planets in Lego Batman 3 are kind of a drag. The camera issues are bringing me right back to the N64 days and not in a way I like.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, at this point, its going to cost $703 + tax US to buy the complete game. Close to $400 is you just want the game with the level and team packs.

Thats assuming that none of it will end up rare because of low production numbers and cross interest collectors (like people who aren't interested in the game but buy them just for the lego minifigs or are ip collectors such as Dr Who and Back to the Future) and then those sets end up on ebay for many times their retail prices.

Man, everyone is jumping on this physical collectible toys craze.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, everyone is jumping on this physical collectible toys craze.

Well, LEGOs are the original physical collectible toys, so in a way this game kinda makes sense.

Jawmuncher

grab 5 people you know and play an awesome game., hell, grab 7 people you know and go for some gosh darn chaos.

it's definitely a fun investment. imagine playing a match where you go 0-0 into overtime, then lose by scoring into your own goal.

Sounds like my kind of game to avoid
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Real Talk though I'll try it on PS+, with randoms because I have no friends on Ps4.

dot

Yo, i played the game earlier on ps4 and it's super fun. I haven't tried online yet but i bet it's chaotic and hilarious.

I need to get this on steam.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Have you tried it local? If I were to play it it would almost certainly be 4 player local. Does it work well in that setting, or is it really more of an online game?

Shadownet

Banned
Rocket League.

You either get lucky or whiffed.

Those who played it know exactly what I'm talking about.

Have you tried it local? If I were to play it it would almost certainly be 4 player local. Does it work well in that setting, or is it really more of an online game?

Local play is pretty smooth on my PS4. Maybe it's just me, I haven't notice any frame rate drop at all.

iosefe

4 player locals should work fine. i dont have the controllers to do it sadly as my DS3's don't work and i have no xbox contorllers. just my DS4
Rocket League.

You either get lucky or whiffed.

Those who played it know exactly what I'm talking about.

1 millimeter whiff

:(

Shadownet

Banned
1 millimeter whiff
:(

I feel like it's pretty hard to get skillful at this. You certainly can get better, but feel like it's luck more than anything. Doesn't take away from the fun though.

You either do something pretty sick or whiffed so bad you question whether you're drunk or not.

I think this game is quite perfect for the PS4 with how you can record the last 15 mins of gameplay. So many amazing moments waiting to be shared.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

$703 is downright cheap to actual Lego enthusiasts. My brother got a single set that was $500.

iosefe

I feel like it's pretty hard to get skillful at this. You certainly can get better, but feel like it's luck more than anything. Doesn't take away from the fun though.

You either do something pretty sick or whiffed so bad you question whether you're drunk or not.

I think this game is quite perfect for the PS4 with how you can record the last 15 mins of gameplay. So many amazing moments waiting to be shared.

once you learn to fly properly you reach a new level of skill

oh dear, sorry Doc

Jazz573

Hi guys, thought you might be interested in this post I made for this thread. It's a fairly in-depth discussion on a number of PC SRPGs, both western and Japanese (mostly Japanese). I thought it would fit here since this is the closest thing we have to a dedicated PC game thread. The majority of these games are not on Steam, with the exception of X-Com and HoMM. Also, a warning, it's a pretty lengthy post. So without further ado, here it is. Hope you find it interesting. :)

If you want to play some games unreleased in the west, here's a link with translations for several SRPGs. There might be some pure Strategy games there too though.

On the list I can personally vouch for Utawarerumono from Leaf, because it's a pretty good game. It's actually a hybrid between a VN and SRPG. (Note: It does have 18+ scenes).

On a related note, Leaf also has another SRPG series--Tears to Tiara (again 18+), the first of which is on that list, and the second of which has an official English release by Atlus USA / NISA (not 18+). Also, the second game was co-developed with Sting, who helped with console ports of Leaf's games, and also made some games mentioned earlier in this thread, like the Yggdra series.

If you want something not too hard, on that same list are translations for TGL's Farland Story series (1-6, 7 is not translated). I've not played them myself, but I've heard that they're pretty easy, and they've got awesome music too.

They're a bit dated--the first came out in 1993, and they are out of print, so unfortunately, it's pretty difficult to get a hold of them legally. Also they're PC-98 games, so you'll need an emulator or an actual PC-98 (good luck with this!) to play them.

There are a number of other Farland games, on Windows, and a few consoles (SNES, PC-FX) but these and another one, Farland Symphony, are the only English ones (except for 7).

TGL also made another series under one of their adult subsidiaries, Mugen, called Horny Sweeper (also on PC-98), which is fairly similar, although it is 18+ (as if the name didn't make it obvious.enough), and I've no idea on the quality, and on top of that neither of the two games has a translation.

TGL also made a few other RPGs, they're not SRPGs though. They also have their Sword Dancer series, which is an Action RPG series, as well as a traditional top-down RPG called Appare Den.

Under their adult brand, GIGA, they made the 18+ Top-Down RPG series Harlem Blade, made in fact by the same staff behind Farland. While these are not SRPGs, I thought I'd mention them since they kind of fit in this topic. Btw, none of these are translated.

One thing to point out, TGL's games (including GIGA and Mugen) tend to have really good soundtracks, and some of their composers also worked on the SRPGs from Leaf that I mentioned a few paragraphs above.

Speaking of Japanese PC SRPGs, there are also a number of other good ones not on that list, if you're not bothered by adult content at least. There's Eien no Aselia from Xuse, which has an English version sold by JAST USA, and the English version has no adult content.

Another really good one, this time with adult content, is Eushully's Kamidori Alchemy Meister which has a fan translation. Eushully also has a fairly large series of SRPGs called Ikusa Megami, none of which have translations outside the interface, and some machine translated story. Kamidori is widely considered to be one of the best SRPGs ever.

On a related note, there's also Sengoku Rance from Alicesoft (again 18+), which has a fan translation, and is also really good. It's part of a larger series, most of which are not SRPGs, but just pure RPGs.

There are also some pretty good western PC SRPGs. X-Com was already mentioned, there's also Xenonauts which is pretty similar.

Then you have the Heroes of Might and Magic series, which is generally well-liked, just don't play the HD release of the 3rd game. I don't know much about western SRPGs, since I prefer Japanese ones, but these should be pretty good.

welp, lost my job again.

Sorry to hear that. ;(

Hi guys, thought you might be interested in this post I made for this thread. It's a fairly in-depth discussion on a number of PC SRPGs, both western and Japanese (mostly Japanese). I thought it would fit here since this is the closest thing we have to a dedicated PC game thread. The majority of these games are not on Steam, with the exception of X-Com and HoMM. Also, a warning, it's a pretty lengthy post. So without further ado, here it is. Hope you find it interesting
...why would you recommend H/VN SRPGS to someone who wants something like FFT lol

Thought I'd give Indiegala's new trade system a go. The client search let me down twice and I accidentally exposed two keys I already had. I expect the trade system will be a bust and the rest will be fed to modbot in about a week.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Steam Heroes -- MB-9F62316FC5CB3503 - Taken by NingenJanai
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-E0B53EA56335ACD9 - Taken by Eila

Jazz573

...why would you recommend H/VN SRPGS to someone who wants something like FFT lol

Just a general list. If he's not interested he doesn't need to play them. Just wanted to let him know what's out there. And there aren't many SRPGs like FFT, especially so on PC. Also, most of the games in that post are not 18+. None of the Farland games are 18+ (if you count the entire series that's about 13 or 14 games), TtT2 is not, and Aselia's English version is stripped of adult content.

Idk if i mentioned this yet bu i played the witcher 3 for like 20-22 hrs with everything maxed out at a cap at 30 fps. Yesterday just on a whim i decided to turn down som graphic settings to high and the grass density to medium and see if it would stay at 60 fps and for the most part it does(sometimes it goes to 55 and everytime i start a conversation it goes to 50) and my god what a huge difference those extra 30 frames make, it sooo smooth. Couldnt go back to max 30fps, felt choppy lmfao

Backlogger

Ditto to this. I wish matchmaking worked. I couldn't get a game to start with it but was able to play 1v1 with my brother. I will have to pick it up on Steam when on sale but for now playing the PS4 version which is currently free with PS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom