• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
Idk if i mentioned this yet bu i played the witcher 3 for like 20-22 hrs with everything maxed out at a cap at 30 fps. Yesterday just on a whim i decided to turn down som graphic settings to high and the grass density to medium and see if it would stay at 60 fps and for the most part it does(sometimes it goes to 55 and everytime i start a conversation it goes to 50) and my god what a huge difference those extra 30 frames make, it sooo smooth. Couldnt go back to max 30fps, felt choppy lmfao
The more you know..

tmarg

Yeah, at this point, its going to cost $703 + tax US to buy the complete game. Close to $400 is you just want the game with the level and team packs.

Thats assuming that none of it will end up rare because of low production numbers and cross interest collectors (like people who aren't interested in the game but buy them just for the lego minifigs or are ip collectors such as Dr Who and Back to the Future) and then those sets end up on ebay for many times their retail prices.

Yeah this is pretty much a nightmare situation.

This is why I don't understand all the people complaining about amiibo not doing enough. I'd much rather have them do minor cosmetic shit across a wide selection of games than have them turn into extremely expensive meaningful on disc DLC. And $12 is a decent deal for small bonuses themed around your favorite character in several games.

The Skylanders/disney model seems like a complete rip off, tbh.

Anteater

Steam OT drifting off the first page in community

It had a good run

X92RE75.jpg

Torchlight 2 got boring fast, but I still clocked in hours of mindless killing, it's like the point and click ver of Dynasty Warriors. Maybe I'll try get through the last 2 acts on the weekend.

SSPssp

I have trouble believing those type threads anymore. I can't tell if the poster's complaints are legitimate or if they're simply shitting on something they know a large portion like to get a reaction.

I give them the benefit of the doubt. I assume they were just really hyped up from all the good word of mouth and/or media, and then are let down for whatever reason.

pahamrick

I give them the benefit of the doubt. I assume they were just really hyped up from all the good word of mouth and/or media, and then are let down for whatever reason.

It's hard for me to give benefit of the doubt when this is said:

3. The dialogue. Christ, what a disaster. I'm sure everyone who's played this knows what I mean, so I won't even go into detail here. The dialogue felt like it was written by a 15 year old virgin in an honors English class.

About the original PS1 version of the game, NOT the NGC remake. Maybe I'm just too close to the series.

SSPssp

It's hard for me to give benefit of the doubt when this is said:

About the original PS1 version of the game, NOT the NGC remake. Maybe I'm just too close to the series.

Yeah, I think the original had the best story of the MGS series, partly because it was the most grounded in comparison to the rest of the series. I think that's a bit of a cheap shot, because I don't remember the dialogue being bad, but maybe the story is still too crazy for him. That, or maybe he's talking about the radio dialogue jokes? You can ignore that though.

Or maybe its just hard to play old games if you haven't played them before, unless its Nintendo or Pac-Man or the like.

Also: I saw a post where he says he's wondering if he should play the rest of the series since he got them all. Maybe he's pissed that he got the whole series I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

LILLY AND SASHA: CURSE OF THE IMMORTALS -- MB-E73B146AEBF6B532 - Taken by dot

on-nom-nom-house-popcorn-this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

Steam OT drifting off the first page in community

It had a good run

Torchlight 2 got boring fast, but I still clocked in hours of mindless killing, it's like the point and click ver of Dynasty Warriors. Maybe I'll try get through the last 2 acts on the weekend.

I hear that Path of Exile is pretty good.

Arthea

Apparently The Escapists will have The Walking Dead spinoff, releasing later this year.

here is an article
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...is-getting-a-the-walking-dead-themed-spin-off

meanwhile on greenlight

platformer Adventure Beaks (is it really popular or is it just a PR talk?)

kinda hilarious be a goblin the game where adventurers make fun of you or try

Sentry Knight Tactics (devs of Sentry Knight), could be fun
GA7Yi1OCTiyLErazzKuE_KnightvsSkeleton.gif

dex3108

I wonder will we get any major updates for Steam Client before Steam Machines release? Or they will keep those for post release period? :D

Arthea

There is a thread in gaming about FFXIV reaching 5 million subscribers, I checked steampsy out of curiosity, it shows only 300K owners on steam. This can't be right, can it?

edited: this thread is so dead, wow I think we hit new low, two posts in an hour?

There is a thread in gaming about FFXIV reaching 5 million subscribers, I checked steampsy out of curiosity, it shows only 300K owners on steam. This can't be right, can it?

Steam is the only place to get the Steam version. There's a non-Steam, a PS4 and a PS3 version.

Arthea

Steam is the only place to get the Steam version. There's a non-Steam, a PS4 and a PS3 version.

yeah, I know, it still seems kinda low number considering those 5 mln subscriptions, no?

edited: maybe it isn't low, I just checked steamspy numbers of FFXI and it's pitiful 13K owners. It's strange that SE even bothered releasing FFXIV on steam at all after that.

edit2: I wonder shouldn't I buy FFXI on steam, in case SE will remove it.... or maybe not, 40€? And I don't remember it being discounted either.

edit3: just read confirmation that Trails SC isn't coming in July too
no promises about release date were made... nor hints
lemme crawl to my corner and sulk now

Deques

yeah, I know, it still seems kinda low number considering those 5 mln subscriptions, no?

edited: maybe it isn't low, I just checked steamspy numbers of FFXI and it's pitiful 13K owners. It's strange that SE even bothered releasing FFXIV on steam at all after that.

edit2: I wonder shouldn't I buy FFXI on steam, in case SE will remove it.... or maybe not, 40€? And I don't remember it being discounted either.

I am seing it €30. It has been discounted before, lowest was €10,2

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=finalfantasyxiultimatecollectionseekerseditionrow

There are several different FFXI in Steam, most of them are removed due to a newer version being out, so the low number of owners is just for the latest version of FFXI

fantomena

According to the Eurogamer article, The Escapists sold 600k overall until this day.

The game is available on Steam, GOG, PS4 and Xbone.

SteamSpy says 458,447 ± 15,329, which leaves 150k copies to the other plattforms.

derExperte

I won't play the PS4 version even though I have plus because I can't enjoy it knowing that such a better option is available. I'll get it on steam eventually, maybe :p

I hope they patch the framerate on PS4 because it's dropping slighty below 60fps almost constantly but apart from that I think it's a great version with lots of options like FOV or Vsync and detailed control customizations.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Cross of the Dutchman is an action adventure game based on the true story of the folk legend 'Pier Gerlofs Donia'.

The story takes place in medieval Western Europe, in the province of Frisia, near the turn of the 16th century. Though Pier and his family lived in peace, the world around them was changing for the worse. Saxon legions were invading nearby villages, making the lives of the native people next to impossible. On one faithful day, Pier got involved with the Saxon oppressors, escalating the situation for the worse. The events portrayed in this great adventure caused Pier to gather a band of farmers and form a front against the oppressors. The acts that followed made Pier into the legend he is known for, the Cross of the Dutchman.

The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna follows the narrative of Uriel, Elohim's messenger, as he explores a strange, hidden part of the simulation on a mission of mercy and redemption in an attempt to free the souls of the damned at all costs.

This substantial expansion consists of four episodes that take experienced players through some of the most advanced and challenging puzzles yet. The Talos Principle writers Tom Jubert and Jonas Kyratzes have returned to pen the expansion and show players an entirely different side of Elohim's world through a journey to Gehenna filled with new characters and a new society with its own history and philosophy.

GMG starts their summer sale friday and lasts til July 23rd.

from the GMG rep on reddit:

A few tips:
  • each day is themed, and there will probably be a couple "GMG Favourites" days in there as well, for things that didn't quite fit other themes.
  • if you're having payment issues, send in a ticket right away. We've got a lot of people on support, and many of us will be putting in extra hours to make sure it doesn't get away from us.
  • We're going to have over 1500 titles on sale.
  • Our typical rollover times for sale starts/ends switches are 10am and 4pm UTC. Not going to be every single time, but most of them.

Edit: whoops, starts tomorrow, my mistake.

Uriah

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but did anyone else purchase Batman:AK from GMG, receive a refund, and still have the game in their steam library?

Arthea

They never said July, so I'm not sure why that is a surprise. It'll be out when it's done.

Thanks captain, we had no idea it'll come when it's done. dunno what we would do without you!

And in case you forgot it was supposed to be released mid-2014. I can't sulk a year later, really?
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/11/expect-legend-heroes-trails-sky-sc-mid-2014-says-xseed/

Pretty sad state of affairs for JRPGs on Steam when people are clamoring for sub-rate efforts like Trails or Neptunia

to the list you go

I guess we won't be getting Steam keys for the Indie Royale Debut Bundle 27 now that Bad Juju has gone juju right?

no IR keys were issued for some time, some devs give greenlight bundle keys via e-mails, you should check this topic for which ones:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KeysAdded/discussions/1/34095684716814440/

Working my way through the first Witcher game. It's pretty janky, but there's something charming about it's jankiness that makes me keep playing.

I personally think it has the best music in the series. And the general atmosphere was amazing. Better than the second game and maybe on par with the third one.

Arthea

I am seing it €30. It has been discounted before, lowest was €10,2

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=finalfantasyxiultimatecollectionseekerseditionrow

There are several different FFXI in Steam, most of them are removed due to a newer version being out, so the low number of owners is just for the latest version of FFXI

oh yeah, I forgot they are replacing older version with newer.
OTOH why is it 30€ for you, when it is 40 for me?

edited: btw, ES doesn't show regional prices for FFXI for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom