• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

edit3: just read confirmation that Trails SC isn't coming in July too
no promises about release date were made... nor hints
lemme crawl to my corner and sulk now
And in case you forgot it was supposed to be released mid-2014. I can't sulk a year later, really?

And yet people jumped on me when I complained about XSEED not giving a rat's arse about us, Steam users and concentrating on Sony platforms.
This, people, this is how you completely lose any momentum and goodwill gained from a successful re-release. The game sold close to nothing on PSP. It sold amazingly on Steam.
The sequel has been repeatedly delayed, just so XSEED can churn out console releases (because shrinking time-window, yada yada).
It will sure as hell not sell as well on Steam as a result. People interested in jRPGs will get two Tales of games by then, that Ghostlight surprise announcement (please be Shadow Hearts), Koudelka, at least a dozen of Idea Fucktory games and god knows what else by then.
Had it been released in 2014, like we've been promised, it would be able to ride on the coattails of FC succes. Now it'll be great if it manages 100k sales... *le sigh*

Yeah, I think the original had the best story of the MGS series, partly because it was the most grounded in comparison to the rest of the series. I think that's a bit of a cheap shot, because I don't remember the dialogue being bad, but maybe the story is still too crazy for him. That, or maybe he's talking about the radio dialogue jokes? You can ignore that though.

I absolutely love the MGS series but I have to admit if someone who doesn't play games is in the room while I'm playing, I start thinking about what they may be thinking and how weird it must seem to them. Though I don't remember MGS 1 being that bad. 4 had me cringing sometimes when I had some family in the room.

What is this list?

List of good JRPGs: Xenoblade, Xenosaga Ep 3, Any Dragon Quest game except 9 and 10. FF5 and 9. Lunar 1 and 2. Mother 1-3

y'all gonna tell me trails are better than those games? lol

if we are including Japanese Action RPGs then they have the based Kingdom Hearts and based Nier.

You have my axe.

MaxiLive

I forgot to post this yesterday:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chime -- MB-4B7FCFA3C9AC403E - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Chime was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1436450447z1.png

Lain

Thanks captain, we had no idea it'll come when it's done. dunno what we would do without you!

And in case you forgot it was supposed to be released mid-2014. I can't sulk a year later, really?
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/11/expect-legend-heroes-trails-sky-sc-mid-2014-says-xseed/

And yet people jumped on me when I complained about XSEED not giving a rat's arse about us, Steam users and concentrating on Sony platforms.
This, people, this is how you completely lose any momentum and goodwill gained from a successful re-release. The game sold close to nothing on PSP. It sold amazingly on Steam.
The sequel has been repeatedly delayed, just so XSEED can churn out console releases (because shrinking time-window, yada yada).
It will sure as hell not sell as well on Steam as a result. People interested in jRPGs will get two Tales of games by then, that Ghostlight surprise announcement (please be Shadow Hearts), Koudelka, at least a dozen of Idea Fucktory games and god knows what else by then.
Had it been released in 2014, like we've been promised, it would be able to ride on the coattails of FC succes. Now it'll be great if it manages 100k sales... *le sigh*

Shit happens and games get delayed.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Dürüm Kebab is easily the best thing ever.

This, people, this is how you completely lose any momentum and goodwill gained from a successful re-release.
It has been a year. That's still pretty fast for a sequel. The "momentum" and "goodwill" will be fine. Not everyone is a big baby like you and Arthea.
The game sold close to nothing on PSP. It sold amazingly on Steam.
Do you have a source for that? I don't think we have PSN numbers.
*le sigh*
If only people didn't get sick so you wouldn't have to wait for your vidya games :(((

Arthea

Hi, Which fish are you trying to catch?

Bullethead Parrotfish, I caught all others many times over, not a single parrotfish.

What is this list?

List of good JRPGs: Xenoblade, Xenosaga Ep 3, Any Dragon Quest game except 9 and 10. FF5 and 9. Lunar 1 and 2. Mother 1-3

y'all gonna tell me trails are better than those games? lol

if we are including Japanese Action RPGs then they have the based Kingdom Hearts and based Nier.

you don't wanna know

Trails is no worse than any of those, better than some, a whole lot better than KH or Nier.
Here you go

Holy shit at that Metro Redux bargain on Nuuvem!
Is it still save to buy/redeem key with VPN or has anything changed? I remember hearing something a while back.

Knurek

Do you have a source for that? I don't think we have PSN numbers.

IIRC XSEED themselves have stated in interviews the game significantly underperformed on PSP and it was their fastest selling title on Steam.

If only people didn't get sick so you wouldn't have to wait for your vidya games :(((

I don't think the game's translator having health problems has any relevance here, given the fact the translation has been complete for close to a year.
The game is just languishing in QA, which is solely an XSEED's field.

Arthea

just for the record as of March this year, Trails SC is 9 years old, let's stop pretending that it's not a big deal year later or two or three above that. It's an old game and the older it gets the harder will be to get new people interested in it, the longer delay after FC, the less people will care, and if we want TC and other games we need all interest it can get.
As you all have seen selling 100K (it is not bad for a 10 year old game, I agree, but not bad is not what we need), didn't made Falcom jump out of their seats and offer us TC or Steel or anything at all. Well we got Ys, but I mean Trails related.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PC hardware drama story #15325832: My nephews made a blanket fort in the games room earlier today and managed to kill my PC in the process. I'm not yet sure if it issue lies with the PSU or motherboard, but if it's the latter then I'll probably go a step further and move up slightly to a 4690K since it's virtually impossible to find an overclock-friendly 1155 motherboard for a decent price these days.

So gmg blocks my country, which means I have no way of buying anything right?

A VPN should do the trick.

For new page:

Holy shit at that Metro Redux bargain on Nuuvem!
Is it still save to buy/redeem key with VPN or has anything changed? I remember hearing something a while back.

IIRC XSEED themselves have stated in interviews the game significantly underperformed on PSP and it was their fastest selling title on Steam.

I don't think the game's translator having health problems has any relevance here, given the fact the translation has been complete for close to a year.
The game is just languishing in QA, which is solely an XSEED's field.

IIRC is always the most reliable source, thanks. The game may well have underperformed at launch (meaning not meeting whatever their expectations were, nothing about absolute numbers) but has been selling on PSN for all those years as well. Unless you show me numbers, you're talking out of your ass.

Translation and QA isn't the only thing that has to be done for a localization. The health issues certainly did influence the schedule.

IIRC is always the most reliable source, thanks. The game may well have underperformed at launch (meaning not meeting whatever their expectations were, nothing about absolute numbers) but has been selling on PSN for all those years as well. Unless you show me numbers, you're talking out of your ass.

Translation and QA isn't the only thing that has to be done for a localization. The health issues certainly did influence the schedule.
Calm down

FloatOn

Some people just have shit taste in video games. Not much you can do about it.

I loved the original MGS but the franchise lost me with part two.

I've heard great things about 3 but it's too late now.

I'm pretty sure I don't have shit taste in games though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

3 is better than 1 easily. If they ever put the remaster if 3 on PC I highly recommend giving the series another shot with that game.

3 is easily the best imo and the story is unrelated to 1 and 2 (of course there's a connection but you know what I mean).
Make sure you try it, you wont regret it.

derExperte

Not having played 3 doesn't mean you have shit taste. It means your decision making needs to improve. And who cares if you skipped a few games, I haven't played MGS4 (though will watch Giant Bomb's imminent run-through) and the PSP one. MGSV is still a day 1.

K guys my hardrive died and Im trying to restore my games off my external hdd, steam games were easy to reinstall but I'm not sure how to reinstall origin games

Tektonic

So I was watching cricket, what did I miss... Seems like not much, except hype for new humble?

If I wanted to plan, procrastinate, and not make a game, how would that humble bundle fit in?

So if anyone needs the Talos Principle DLC later this month, maybe I can help you out to get it cheap. The base game is cheap in China, so the DLC might be as well.

Humble Dragon Weekly?

He said blast. Humble Rareware Bundle with Blast Corps free for everyone. BTA to get the XBLA versions of Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. $15 gets you everything including the GoldenEye 64 HD remake that was never released.

It could happen.

Arthea

B Tier JRPGs are serious business tho

I AM SO MAD AT VIDEO GAMES RIGHT NOW

could you at least try to play a game before judging? or are you going for that exclusive B tier poster status? If yes, carry on

So I was watching cricket, what did I miss... Seems like not much, except hype for new humble?

If I wanted to plan, procrastinate, and not make a game, how would that humble bundle fit in?
It seems perfect for this

Arthea

PC hardware drama story #15325832: My nephews made a blanket fort in the games room earlier today and managed to kill my PC in the process. I'm not yet sure if it issue lies with the PSU or motherboard, but if it's the latter then I'll probably go a step further and move up slightly to a 4690K since it's virtually impossible to find an overclock-friendly 1155 motherboard for a decent price these days.

drama indeed
If you need a less harmful way to make them suffer, force them to play Gone Home as a just punishment

I heard things about it and I have other stuff I'd rather play.
Why are you so oft to throw shade upon my personage?
you asked for this

drama indeed
If you need a less harmful way to make them suffer, force them to play Gone Home as a just punishment

I got a chuckle out of this because yesterday I saw a video with Greg Miller saying it's one of his favorite games ever.
I seriously need to play it, extremely divisive games like these make me curious.

Tektonic

It seems perfect for this

One less reason to avoid making a game. Pity I lack time, talent and inspiration ;)

Edit: I just found a flying bundle email in my gmail of a bundle I never redeemed. +4 (flying greenligh bundle - April 1 2014)

Arthea

I'm considering buying that first tier HB after all, maybe those finalists' games are good, who knows?

how?

and you have been throwing shade before I even said anything about Trails.

examine the light within yourself to seek the truth of the shadows

I just like teasing you as you get so salty so fast, I can't help myself
please understand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom