• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Wow.

Rockstar has 'GTA' copywrite'd or what?

I'm no lawyer, so my opinion on this is going to be about as informed as anyone else on the internet's, but my understanding is that in a case like this Rockstar would be obligated to take action because if they didn't it would set precedent for other people to use the GTA name, because it opens up the defense of "if you didn't go after them then you can't go after us."

Or something.

Also it's Garden of Words.

Lain

I'm no lawyer, so my opinion on this is going to be about as informed as anyone else on the internet's, but my understanding is that in a case like this Rockstar would be obligated to take action because if they didn't it would set precedent for other people to use the GTA name, because it opens up the defense of "if you didn't go after them then you can't go after us."

Or something.

Also it's Garden of Words.

Are we 100%, definitely, without doubt, sure of this?

I mean, that it's Garden of Words.

--------

Reached 29161O DPS and 1020O Click Damage in Clicker Heroes and I'm still on my first ascension and with no Ancient summoned (I mean, they seem completely useless!). Just another half day of grinding and I might reach 42000O DPS.
Getting to 10000U gold to hire the next hero seems still pretty unfathomable.

Grief.exe

Let's get Dirty this weekend.

CJbjET8UsAA1VNv.png

This weekend. https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/618931662706057216

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Funk of Titans is a thrilling and addictive game, simple and fun to play but hard to master. You will control Perseus, the son of Zeus and protector of the legendary holy music: the Funk. Run across the ancient greek mythology, risk your life jumping over crazy platforms, collect funk vinyls, beat enemies, wear epic costumes, ride the legendary Pegasus and smash the rap, the pop and the rock of the evil Musical Titans in fierce dance battles. Only one music can survive and the Funk is the music of the gods.

Reached 29161O DPS and 1020O Click Damage in Clicker Heroes and I'm still on my first ascension and with no Ancient summoned (I mean, they seem completely useless!). Just another half day of grinding and I might reach 42000O DPS.
Getting to 10000U gold to hire the next hero seems still pretty unfathomable.

Dude...

Ascend. Trust me.

1st Ascension should be done around 140 or so as that's where things start to really get difficult. Shouldn't use Ancients until about 50-100 Hero Souls.

They make a difference, trust me. Starting at level 350 instead of 1? 120 seconds to kill a boss instead of 30? 450% increase to Primal Soul drops? It adds up.

Once you Ascend your first time, things go quite quicker. Each HS farming run I do lasts about 30 minutes to get to level 18-1900 and that's about 400k HS.

tl:dr : Ascend.

Arthea

Does the Steam version really have DRM? I thought it's just a "hey it'd be cool if you sign in" button on the title screen.

yeah, I've heard it's not a big deal, still you have to be online to play, as it's not voluntary.

I remember couple of years ago someone in the steam thread said that there is a way around it, but I can't remember have I tried it or not.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Rocket League.

You either get lucky or whiffed.

Those who played it know exactly what I'm talking about.

Local play is pretty smooth on my PS4. Maybe it's just me, I haven't notice any frame rate drop at all.

4 player locals should work fine. i dont have the controllers to do it sadly as my DS3's don't work and i have no xbox contorllers. just my DS4

1 millimeter whiff

:(

Thanks for the info buds.

MUnited83

For you.
yeah, I've heard it's not a big deal, still you have to be online to play, as it's not voluntary.

I remember couple of years ago someone in the steam thread said that there is a way around it, but I can't remember have I tried it or not.

You don't have to be online to play at all.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Trine 2 Complete -- MB-138AE9C72A989174
Hack 'n' Slash -- MB-C4E614FFE45671D8 - Taken by MaxiLive. 3 entrants total.

t1436455786z1.png

Sini

Does the Steam version really have DRM? I thought it's just a "hey it'd be cool if you sign in" button on the title screen.
It has annoying, useless and slow launcher that doesn't let you play before you sign in. It skips launcher entirely when game is ran without internet connection.

lashman

Eliot Ness, the former leader of the legendary Untouchables, wished only to spend the rest of his days working in his diner, not dwelling too much on the cesspit of corruption his city, Santa Esperanza, had degenerated into.

But things rarely go as planned.

When children suddenly start to disappear and the police just simply a blind eye, Eliot decides to take the law into his own hands, track down the culprit and bring him to justice by any means necessary, even if he has to abandon his dreams of a peaceful life and again get embroiled in shootouts with the usual array of assassins and hoodlums.

Helped by various characters from some unexpected places, the player must guide Eliot through the increasingly morbid and decadent scenarios searching for clues to solve the cases in the five episodes of this season's Blues and Bullets.

MUnited83

For you.
you can't play without logging into Kalypso

why are we even having this talk?

Because the game is playable offline without issues? Sure you have to login into Kalypso one time after installation, but after that you can play all you want, offline or online.

Sini

Because the game is playable offline without issues? Sure you have to login into Kalypso one time after installation, but after that you can play all you want, offline or online.
You have to log in every time you launch when you have internet connection.
Yes, it saves your information, but it doesn't change the fact that it's useless and annoying.

MUnited83

For you.
You have to log in every time you launch when you have internet connection.
Yes, it saves your information, but it doesn't change the fact that it's useless and annoying.

"still you have to be online to play" is the thing I'm arguing against. You don't need to be online to play.

lashman

Create your own universes with the Map Pack's new Editor. The Map Pack also includes 8 challenging new maps for players to conquer that range in size from gigantic 18-player areas to intimate maps perfectly sized for two-player duels.
Features

• Six Pillars - A large map with six symmetrical clusters surrounding a super black hole; designed for large matches for up to six players.
  • Clash - A medium sized symmetrical map designed for a large scale duel.
  • Snowflake - Medium sized balanced map of near identical star systems, designed for up to 18 players.
  • Core - A medium sized symmetrical map, surrounding a core of nebulae and resources, designed for up to six players.
  • Joust - A tiny two-player map that is perfectly balanced for a duel, but with plenty of resources to keep.
  • Quadrants - Small, four-sided and balanced. Divided by vast asteroid fields and optimized for four players.
  • Round Table - Tiny and symmetrical. Designed for quick and balanced six player games.
  • Milky Way - Explore the canon Galactic Civilizations galaxy, starting from Earth in this immense new scenario.

the closest thing to advanced wars on Steam is either the Shining Force roms or i suppose valkyria chronicles, though the latter is just thematically related and not so much gameplay related.

Man, i wish there was a portable version of shining force on a mobile console

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

You Are Not a Banana -- MB-447FA2BF92AFEBC1 - Taken by Kifimbo
Sorry, either of these might be taken. I think they're both not but you never know.
Vangers -- MB-37832B3F6C77A512 - Taken by freshVeggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom