• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

GMG deals:
  • older Resident Evil games 60-75% off, 25% off on RE1 HD
  • Left 4 Dead games 75% off
  • Dead Rising games 60-66% off
Extra with GRAB20-PERCNT-OFFNOW

I don't think they even patched out GFWL.

I just want to try it out for like 5 bucks or something.

I want to see why it's so damn bad.

They did not, hence why it never goes on sale.
Just like Lost Planet 2 and Lost Planet: Colonies Edition.
I have no idea if it's bad or not, but I wanted it for the sake of my "collection", so that one time some strange sketchy bundle had keys, I took a chance. It was like $10, but still cheaper than you can find ORC for otherwise these days.

Oh, I had no idea it used GFWL.

Yup.
Also SFxT (a damned shame) and SFIV (no reason, because Super/AE/Ultra).

The Dead Rising games on PC as well as RE5 had it patched out though.

Yup.
Also SFxT (a damned shame), SFIV (no reason, because Super/AE/Ultra), and maybe Dark Void.

The Dead Rising games on PC as well as RE5 had it patched out though.

Crap, Street Fighter x Tekken was another I planned on getting at some point. For some reason I thought Capcom patched it out of all their games.

Oh boy. Haven't touched call of duty since the first blops, but the zombie mode is going lovecraftian somehow?

Haven't seen the trailer but my interest is in direct proportion to lovecraftianness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are games from Turkey region locked on Steam? One Piece is apparently $28 there.

Yes. Amusingly, it's the only country that is specifically trade-restricted as opposed to being part of a larger classification. The cheapest ROW region is generally Norway to the order of around 17%.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that GMG sale is going to be shit if the first day is any indication

Which self-respecting man doesn't have a beard?

i kid, i kid
sorta
BS. Digital should always be cheaper just because it's so much more adventegous for pubs. No resell possibility.
Humble Bohemia Interactive 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Arma Gold
  • Arma 2
  • Take on Helicopters
  • UFO Afterlight
  • Alpha Prime
  • Fish Fillets 2
  • ?
TIER 2: BTA
  • Arma Tactics
  • Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Arma 2: British Armed Forces
  • Arma 2: Private Military Company
  • Arma 2: Day Z mod
  • ?
TIER 3: 20$
  • Take on Mars
  • ?
TIER 4: 100$
  • All Bohemia Interactive games on Steam
I guess Arma 3 will be the mystery game at tier 3.
Humble weekly?
New avatar woah. Didn't recognize you almost.

FLD

Not sure if you saw this but
http://store.steampowered.com/app/331600/
one piece in Steam? we are in the future!

I saw that ealier. The trailer on the Steam page seems to suggest the story mode covers the plot from the very start of the series. Any idea if that's actually the case?

I haven't watched One Piece in ages but if it starts at the very beginning then I might be interested in checking it out. I loved the hell out of the series back then but I got sick of waiting for fansub releases when they started taking forever.

Steam client question: I've noticed recently that games I've chosen to follow are now having pop-up notifications for when they have a twitch event. I don't mind having a game's info showing up in my activity stream but the pop ups are kind of annoying, is there a global setting buried somewhere that I can toggle these off? If not I guess I'll simply un-follow the overly active games.

I couldn't find anything in my profile or under Steam > Settings.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

3rV7zzX.jpg

rtcn63

I mean, it's Sanrio... if you're familiar with their shit, you kinda know what you're getting into when it comes to price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam client question: I've noticed recently that games I've chosen to follow are now having pop-up notifications for when they have a twitch event. I don't mind having a game's info showing up in my activity stream but the pop ups are kind of annoying, is there a global setting buried somewhere that I can toggle these off? If not I guess I'll simply un-follow the overly active games.

I couldn't find anything in my profile or under Steam > Settings.

Do you have your Steam account linked to a Twitch profile? I don't know if that's the cause, but it seems logical.

That price. Damn.

$5 Windows Tax.

Psychological Horror ?

Users attach inappropriate tags for laughs to exploit Steam's autotag feature. Usually to children's games, they'll add "Psychological Horror," "Nudity," "Violent," etc. They'll also do the opposite: take horror games like Five Nights at Freddie's and tag with "Family Friendly" or "Educational." The only other exception I can think of is adding "Casual" to the Dark Souls games.

The tags will usually persist for weeks if not months because it's not moderated all that well and few people will bother to report inappropriate tags.

Users attach inappropriate tags for laughs to exploit Steam's autotag feature. Usually to children's games, they'll add "Psychological Horror," "Nudity," "Violent," etc. They'll also do the opposite: take horror games like Five Nights at Freddie's and tag with "Family Friendly" or "Educational." The only other exception I can think of is adding "Casual" to the Dark Souls games.

The tags will usually persist for weeks if not months because it's not moderated all that well and few people will bother to report inappropriate tags.

I didn't know about those other ones.

I got a chuckle out of the Psychological Horror one though. That said yeah they will be gone after awhile hopefully.

I'm good with Ken, like the change. Part of the big issue has always been his look being very similar to Ryu.
His look needs a completely do-over. Actually, the hair is what needs to change.
Read the article, it's mainly in reference to retail partnerships for console games.

Even at the end he mentions that console digital discounts are extremely conservative, while PC is very aggressive.

The guy was saying their own digital discounts were extremely conservative. In all honesty the big three and the third party publishers can all stop the physical retail from having such a strong hold on the console market, but they still pander. Microsoft tried a bit, but went at it poorly.

Caerith

They do the same for things they disagree with-- most recently, Gaming in Color got tagged with "Dystopian," "Post-Apocalypse," etc, but at least most of those got removed-- but in cases like that I don't think it's for laughs.

Omega

Banned
His look needs a completely do-over. Actually, the hair is what needs to change.

The guy was saying their own digital discounts were extremely conservative. In all honesty the big three and the third party publishers can all stop the physical retail from having such a strong hold on the console market, but they still pander. Microsoft tried a bit, but went at it poorly.

Ken's hair is godlike.

It needs to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom