• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Fucking gaming keyboards.

8T8U84U.jpg

mp1990

Banned
But you get the blast the everliving crap out of them with absurdly overpowered weaponry. Wouldn't that feel good if they creeped you out?

See, that would make sense if the fucking tarantulas didn't jump straight out in our face (the first time one did this to me I almost screamed). That alone makes any enjoyment from killing them irrelevant.

Try grinding earlier stages on harder difficulties and you might be able to rekt them quick.

Oh, they're pretty easy to kill with the flying girl's weapons, that's not really an issue. My problem is that they scare me shitless.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
See, that would make sense if the fucking tarantulas didn't jump straight out in our face (the first time one did this to me I almost screamed). That alone makes any enjoyment from killing them irrelevant.

Oh, they're pretty easy to kill with the flying girl's weapons, that's not really an issue. My problem is that they scare me shitless.

LOL that stage in Inferno will make you literally shit yourself.

its a joke vagina

back to the ether

My username is Vazra. No need to be an asshole just because of my tag.

Knurek

I seriously don't understand how there are some who prefer the old artstyle for umineko or higurashi =/

What I don't understand is why people are playing Umineko without the voice patch.
(Umineko originals are a work of art compared to Higurashi originals)

Arthea

onto I am Setsuna, and believe me I am not, but Yuna is!

but let's star with bad stuff. According to steam I am 5 hours in, but as I had a game to freeze on me during one of numerous loadings (later about that), I lost at least an hour, probably more and had to redo that part, so I'm probably 4 hours or so in. The worst part about it is that I have to remember to save at every opportunity after this.

And lemme tell you Unity sucks, and Unity in combination with win10 sucks even more. People have all kinds of problems with controllers, keyboards and such, but even that is not a problem because there are controllers that work.
I tried most of options different resolutions full screen and windowed and performance is just no good, for a game like Setsuna loading times are unacceptable, waiting while entering or leaving every building is exasperating and fps drops even if not bad, shouldn't even be there, but unity, what we can do.
Even if I settled on 1080i windowed, I have to agree with Lain's assessment that 720p windowed is a way to go, unfortunately for me, everything is too tiny for me with such resolution.

Now when we are done with bad stuff, let's move to better.

So far story is basically FFX if it was made during PS not PS2 times where Tidus is replaced by Cloud. What's not bad.
Pacing is good, although so far, not much character development or chatter is happening, no sidequests at all too.
The game plays nicely, combat system is good and customization amazing. I must say there that tutorials suck, instead of making you do things until you succeed, they make you read a wall of text, so read it as it's only time you get to see it, during tutorial.

It also looks charming and has a great soundtrack.
Even if characters can run in cities, for some reason they can only slowly walk on the overworld, makes no sense whatsoever and it is a tad annoying. There are no maps also, or minimaps.

I always wanted wintery game, and here I am Setsuna delivers, although there is such thing as gathering spots which are really really hard to see on snow.

the game is perfect for 100% crazy crowd, as it has percentage counters for everything and wast database about everything collectible.*insert Jasec alert here*

All in all, in spite of all problems, it is a nice game.

Vazra

What I don't understand is why people are playing Umineko without the voice patch.
(Umineko originals are a work of art compared to Higurashi originals)

The voice patch already working on the Steam version? I heard before it wasn't but I havent followed the development closely.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The voice patch already working on the Steam version? I heard before it wasn't but I havent followed the development closely.

Still in progress since they edited some parts of the witch hunt translation they used as a base it couldn't be done automatically through a script but it's pretty far along.

Vazra

Still in progress since they edited some parts of the witch hunt translation they used as a base it couldn't be done automatically through a script but it's pretty far along.

I may have some coins next month so I may or may not get it. We shall see :p

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RING RUNNER -- MB-CBBF0D9C5168958F - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
CRYSTALS OF TIM -- MB-D7EB60460F8EB0FC - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
LETHAL RPG WAR -- MB-21B18DFC1E484BF6 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
SHIPLORD -- MB-71BAD58ACDE0B6CD - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
NIHILUMBRA -- MB-32CCB56504766CA6 - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.
NANINIGHTS -- MB-C9745CCD8B5E8A4C - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
ASTEROID BOUNTY HUNTER -- MB-16F247B242035231 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1469054696z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-0EBB8BC1B0D8E814 - Taken by XDDX. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-F481F493F323F72A - Taken by gngf123. 6 entrants total.

t1469067516z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All this fighting. Here ill tell you a joke to lighten the mood.

I resubbed to wow

And the punchline is, I actually didnt get bored 15minutes later as usual, im actually enjoying myself.

/hilarious

Join me Lain

Can somebody explain the plot of Batman vs. Superman in a single post? Because I just saw it and I feel like I missed a movie or two inbetween.

Watchmen was so good, too. I don't know how this happened.
From the Life is Strange thread.

The first episode of last years best game for free? Can't argue with that.

Fantastic news. Now everyone can get on board the hella train.

THIS WILL BE Y'ALL IN TWO HOUR'S TIME!
giphy.gif

And then it will be proclaimed the rightful GotY.

My card average is fairly high clicking through. Female anime face always trends at least a dime higher. Those Lightning cards will bring me bank.

I imagine there is a Steam user out there that has thousands of Lightning cards in their inventory. They just stare at them and think creepy thoughts.

I got my second booster pack finally. I cannot bitch about that anymore.

EDIT - I got $20.50 in my wallet. This will be a reference for the card haul.

Sarcasm

Can somebody explain the plot of Batman vs. Superman in a single post? Because I just saw it and I feel like I missed a movie or two inbetween.

Watchmen was so good, too. I don't know how this happened.

Fantastic news. Now everyone can get on board the hella train.

THIS WILL BE Y'ALL IN TWO HOUR'S TIME!
giphy.gif

And then it will be proclaimed the rightful GotY.

I don't remember anything and I understood everything.

Basically the two fight because one stole a parking spot the other one was waiting for. Then someone called them both a bad name.

zkylon

zkylewd
so i am setsuna is pretty good?

impressions here seem warm but cautious or whatever

i quite love the look of it, both the portrait art and the chibi low poly 3d models are really pretty

i'm guessing it's a full on jrpg right? 40 bucks sounds steep for something small but something about it tells me it's not gonna be a big ass jrpg

i'll probably wait either way, i was seriously considering buying tits 2 yesterday since i think 20 bucks is really reasonable for that game but ended up deciding against it since i don't really have time to play a huge jrpg atm, specially since i'm hooked back on league

ModBot said:
Instructions for Frustrated_Grunt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Frustrated_Grunt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unmechanical -- MB-D702EBDE73CB211C - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-61DA8853E61DE550 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-3B4773D250000872 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1469060567z1.png

so i am setsuna is pretty good?

impressions here seem warm but cautious or whatever

i quite love the look of it, both the portrait art and the chibi low poly 3d models are really pretty

i'm guessing it's a full on jrpg right? 40 bucks sounds steep for something small but something about it tells me it's not gonna be a big ass jrpg

i'll probably wait either way, i was seriously considering buying tits 2 yesterday since i think 20 bucks is really reasonable for that game but ended up deciding against it since i don't really have time to play a huge jrpg atm, specially since i'm hooked back on league

Yeah, sounds about right. It's a great nostalgia JRPG, but it's not that great overall.

Setsuna will be a 50% off purchase for me.

KingKong

Try grinding earlier stages on harder difficulties and you might be able to rekt them quick.

How much grinding is in EDF? Im reading a lot about redoing missions to get good weapons which I didn't expect. Can you just beat the game on normal without grinding?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How much grinding is in EDF? Im reading a lot about redoing missions to get good weapons which I didn't expect. Can you just beat the game on normal without grinding?

It's a game all about grinding out stats and weapons. On normal, you shouldn't have much problem. On harder difficulties, you'll need to grind.

I'm basing this on past EDFs

It was a mess but supposedly the "Ultimate Cut" makes a lot more sense.

I didn't watch the theatrical version and jumped straight to the ultimate cut and that was stupid as shit as far as I'm concerned.

I then went to a site that compared the two versions to see what changes were made and there seemed to be some very significant things missing in the original version. I can only imagine how bad the original release was.

Vazra

On normal difficulty you shouldn't have much issues but later difficulties you will want to farm armor and better weapons cause things can get pretty hard. Also the game on harder difficulties are more crowded and harder enemies will pop up earlier. There are tons of stages to play through so you will be getting stuff on your regular run anyway.

TTM is a great game. It blew away all of my expectations, legitimising RPG Maker games for me. Well paced, well-written, and an all-around good time.
I don't remember anything and I understood everything.

Basically the two fight because one stole a parking spot the other one was waiting for. Then someone called them both a bad name.

It was a mess but supposedly the "Ultimate Cut" makes a lot more sense.

Did you watch the extended version? Apparently it has the movie that was missing on it.

I can do it in a single sentence.

Shit.

No one communicates anymore.

i can verify. it makes a fair bit more sense

basically
Yeah... that sums it up; thanks. Only rented the Theatrical Cut, but I can't see any extra footage making sense of things.

Totally forgot about Honest Trailers; it explained everything. Perfect timing on that release.

More than anything, I couldn't help but think of GAF's own Sad Affleck while watching the movie. It's so perfect...

TTM is a great game. It blew away all of my expectations, legitimising RPG Maker games for me. Well paced, well-written, and an all-around good time.

Yeah... that sums it up; thanks. Only rented the Theatrical Cut, but I can't see any extra footage making sense of things.

Totally forgot about Honest Trailers; it explained everything. Perfect timing on that release.

More than anything, I couldn't help but think of GAF's own Sad Affleck while watching the movie. It's so perfect...

The dialogue was wonky and the actually gameplay was lame but man, the payoff and overarching story was really good. Was nearly in tears :')

legacyzero

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for legacyzero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (legacyzero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lethal RPG War -- MB-B525CA6E3318119A - Taken by bobnowhere
Curvatron -- MB-30CBB8506CC86937 - Taken by rainking187
Shadow Ninja Apocalypse -- MB-A1B73ACDA29A0346 - Taken by Kagemusha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom