• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's due to expire any time soon, but it might end up on the chopping block when Acti does its annual cleansing of unwanted licences (late December/early January).

ruh roh

Well, I may try it again... does it get difficult? I've beat Bayo on non stop infinite climax so I'm just worried that Devastation will be too easy on normal, since they forced replays around the grind.

edit: I'm also upset that Best Buy sale doesn't have Overwatch PC for cheap... so looks like just Star Fox for me :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Been awhile since I talked about games I've beaten here, so since I've found this one to be particularly good I'll do a short write up on it:

Cn7uY7jW8AADgru.jpg

As a fan of character action games, this one was pretty sweet. It's pretty straightforward as far as the genre goes, the story is just a pretext for you to kill waves and waves of enemies, and the game doesn't have those flashy action moments of the P* ones, they just throw you in an arena and expect you to fight the people in there, with some not very refined mechanics. What made me hooked on it is that, there's a outstanding flow in the combat; the waves of enemies keep coming and the combos keep going, and it's really fast paced and never lets the ball drop, it's breathtaking. Also, there's something really fascinating about the combat itself- you don't have that many moves to trick with, but the flow is so entertaining I could do it for hours. The real deal comes with the boss battles, though: they're a real skill test, and some required so much patience that were borderline tiresome. Also, and obviously I will talk about it here, it has some really cute girls in sailor/ school uniforms, and who doesn't like that? In short, it's a gem in the rough, and if you already own it, you should give it a shot.

it's 4AM so sorry for any grammatical mistakes in advance and for how short it is :p
yea mitsurugi waifu pantsu whatever is pretty cool

really fun to mindlessly grind through it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Streets of Rage 2 -- MB-816FD0BCDFD0E19D - Taken by Dragon1893. 1 entrants total.
Phantasy Star IV -- MB-9917DC371A9CC56E - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles -- MB-EEEE679496825378 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 1 entrants total.

t1469176718z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Even outside of the creepy fucking children aspect of the Conception game, the whole "Bland hero boy goes to Special School for Awesome Teenagers where every girl is at his disposal" is enough to make it loathsome. Never encountered that plot before Japanese devs.

Even outside of the creepy fucking children aspect of the Conception game, the whole "Bland hero boy goes to Special School for Awesome Teenagers where every girl is at his disposal" is enough to make it loathsome. Never encountered that plot before Japanese devs.

But the children don't fuck, they just hold hands and wish really hard or something.

8Q6mtFY.gif

So, Team 17 sale.. Which Worms game do I get? I remember loving Worms 2 and Armageddon back in the day but how is the Steam port of Armageddon? Is it the definitive version, or is Revolution better? I own Reloaded (no idea when or how I bought it..) but it's absolutely no fun for me..

Arthea

I'm in the same boat.
It's still a month off so hopefully there will be some good deals in that time.

Edit: Just noticed that it's also -20% if you switch to €, so there's that.

you are right! I didn't check
preordered on dlgamer.

anybody knows how good dlgamer is with preorder key delivery?

I'm trying to a copy in the USA. It's that possible at a discount price or was Der just letting the Germans here know is the deal?
Oh I really don't know how purchases/shipping from international Amazon works but shipping fees ought to make the deal illogical. Even for me here in Germany the game (physical copy which includes a Steam key) costs 6,47€ (7,13$) plus 3€ (3,31$) shipping fees.
So getting it instantaneously from Steam with its current discount at 9,99€ (11,01$) compared to the hassle of physical purchasing through Amazon.de at 9,47€ (10,44$) makes more sense really.
Unless one has Amazon Prime to get free shipping, which I don't. But for those with Prime yeah, it's a better deal on Amazon.de. There are the odd really good deals and price mistakes on local Amazon's, so I'd gladly help out friends in those cases.

Finally we'll be able to play the game where you play a high school guy who needs to have kids with a bunch of high school girls and then use those kids to fight evil monsters. Steam has arrived.

I played the 3DS demo of this game. The gameplay itself was kinda boring, and the social scenes with girls gave me the jibblies. I know dating sims have the "little sister-type/immature" trope every so often, but one of them appeared to have the mental capacity of a a seven-year-old. It was weird and disturbing, and it felt like if I was conceiving with her it would eventually turn into a Law & Order episode.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Having not-sex to make lots of star children with multiple girls to fight evil is that like anime-tized Mormon lore.

Grief.exe

Why you people like those gimpy small keyboards I'll never understand.

I like to palm my keyboard like a hand fruit.

I use the numpad since it's pretty easy to remember the number layout.

I use Print Screen and I use Pause|Break as my Steam overlay key.

I use print screen so much, you don't even know.

This looks like it is missing some pieces

Using full keyboards like a bunch of savages.

data

Reading these posts about keyboards just made me remember something that's been bothering me for so long

why the fuck do we have so many useless keys?

like why do we have caps lock? it's only a nuisance and everyone uses shift to all caps anyways

why do we have a right shift?

who the hell uses scroll lock and pause/break anymore?

why do we still have alt gr and the right control

why aren't the F keys on the numbers + the last 2 icon keys with another key combination, it's so far away, it would be way more convenient to just press a key with your thumb and press a number key with your index finger or middle finger

keyboards are so outdated

Endruen

When do you plan on dying?

Knowing my luck, just a day before graduating from college.

Reading these posts about keyboards just made me remember something that's been bothering me for so long

like why do we have caps lock? it's only a nuisance and everyone uses shift to all caps anyways

why aren't the F keys on the numbers + the last 2 icon keys with another key combination, it's so far away, it would be way more convenient to just press a key with your thumb and press a number key with your index finger or middle finger

Do you use shift for all caps? That's way too uncomfortable, I always use caps lock if I have to write something in full caps.

How are you suposed to write @ € # \ ¬ [ ] { } whitout an alt gr?

data

Do you use shift for all caps? That's way too uncomfortable, I always use caps lock if I have to write something in full caps.

ctrl + alt + whatever number that symbol is on

Wok

I will have to buy Fury one day. Indeed, I am surprised by the rating of this game in Canard PC, an independent French magazine that I have just bought and which I trust for game reviews.

There are two games with a rating of 9/10 for this month: INSIDE and Furi. I have already played INSIDE and I fully agree, but I overlooked Furi, despite strong reviews on OpenCritic.

Before you ask, there is no review of Setsuna or Song of the Deep since the magazine had to be kind of complete by July 12 to be released on paper today.

For longer caps text, why would you want to hold down shift to write a full sentence/paragraph?

Special characters. Yes, I use the right shift (pinky) + left hand for most part (§ - 7 and right hand only for the others).

I don't even know what those does lol.

Alt Gr for the other special characters in number keys, like @, £, [ ]. Much easier to use Alt Gr with right thumb. Never uses right Ctrl though, but I guess that just depends on how you're used to use the keyboard.

3 different function keys for the numbers (Shift and Alt Gr) might be a bit too much, how would you indicate that on the keys without cluttering it? The positions of F-keys doesn't bother me at least.

They're not that bad. Not perfect, but not that bad.

Shift for all caps? As in writing entire words/sentences while holding shift?

Anyway, started Shadowrun Dragonfall, first impression is good. Should scratch the strategy itch until X-com 2 is at a price I can afford.
I work my ass off but the money is never enough for bills and expenses, so tired of this shit.

Hektor

Caps is lazy, you need to keep pressing shift the entire time while yelling at someone on the innernet to prove how serious you are.

i always press left ctrl + alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom