• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Saw this on Lashman's twitter, Phantom Brave has a demo. Try it out before it the retail version goes live.

So far tested on a 960m and 980m and it has the same issues as Disgaea and other games have on these mobile GPUs

VSync = 48fps
No VSync = 59fps which cause microstutter

Disgaea ended up getting a fan patch pretty quickly that made the game run like silk

Something else is that 16:9 does show more, but it's not a true 16:9. Setting it to this mode does stretch things out a little bit.

Those are the only things I've noticed. Once those FPS thing gets situated it will be pretty decent.

Someone said this was a direct port and it's not. I don't know what they are talking about. This is like a step down from the Disgaea port. Everything looks pretty good aside from the FPS thing.

Speevy

Banned
Someone said this was a direct port and it's not. I don't know what they are talking about. This is like a step down from the Disgaea port. Everything looks pretty good aside from the FPS thing.

Hi yes, that was me.

It was just from playing the game a few moments, it appeared just like I remember it on the PS2.

There is absolutely no reason to get defensive. I wasn't really complimenting the game either, since I expect PC ports to have extra features.

KingKong

So EDF seems pretty good

EFzHWUG.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Hi yes, that was me.

It was just from playing the game a few moments, it appeared just like I remember it on the PS2.

There is absolutely no reason to get defensive. I wasn't really complimenting the game either, since I expect PC ports to have extra features.

That wasn't defensive. I didn't know what you were talking about with the direct port thing since it was false.

Speevy

Banned
That wasn't defensive. I didn't know what you were talking about.

Defensive is when you take a dismissive or contrary stance over something that wasn't really worth the time it took you to mention it.

I just gave my thoughts on the game. Maybe next time, press the reply button and say "I don't agree. Here is why."

It's more polite. If I think it seems like a port, well barring someone doing an in-depth blow by blow, that's how I felt. I can't address "micro stutter" or whatever. It just reminded me of pretty much the same game I played on my PS2, which was in 480i.

Momentary

Banned
Defensive is when you take a dismissive or contrary stance over something that wasn't really worth the time it took you to mention it.

I just gave my thoughts on the game. Maybe next time, press the reply button and say "I don't agree. Here is why."

It's more polite.

Lol. Okay. I'll do that.

seems like a bug with the beta client

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/4tz7v2/steam_instantly_closes_on_startup_following_game/

i just went into offline mode, opted out of the beta client and restarted.

Huh, what a weird thing. All based on on Killing Floor 2 update.

I eneded up deleting all files apart from steamapps and steam.exe and it reinstalled everything fine.

Not even too sure how he changed it to offline mode, I couldn't load it at all to change it.

I'll probably post full impressions when I'm done, but Technobabylon has really impressed me thus far. Lots of great characters (and voice acting,) but so far my favourite is the trojan virus avatar that spouts communist propaganda.

Huh, what a weird thing. All based on on Killing Floor 2 update.

I eneded up deleting all files apart from steamapps and steam.exe and it reinstalled everything fine.

Not even too sure how he changed it to offline mode, I couldn't load it at all to change it.

It's in the comments -- just disable your internet connection.

Deleting KF2 definitely worked. That's one of the stranger bugs I've seen in the Steam beta client.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are we thinking Activision might lose the Transformers license soon? I'm always wary of Acti deals because they never have deals.

Is it 2010 again? Because thats when Activision actually didn't have deals. Those transformer games are on sale all the time, and so is most of acti's shit.

Its like people that still say Playstation has no games :p

Corpekata

Banned
Activision has "deals" but they also have stupid high MSRPs so they often don't barely feel like it. The last 3 TF games are still at 50 dollars so their 75 percent off deals are hardly appetizing outside of Devestation.

Why you people like those gimpy small keyboards I'll never understand.

because numpads are worthless and take up space

along with entire sections used for fucking print screen and scroll lock and pause

and 75% keyboards can take off a pound compared to their chunkier counterparts

Activision has "deals" but they also have stupid high MSRPs so they often don't barely feel like it. The last 3 TF games are still at 50 dollars so their 75 percent off deals are hardly appetizing outside of Devestation.
Yeah, that's what I meant by no deals... They're always pretty lame.

because numpads are worthless and take up space

along with entire sections used for fucking print screen and scroll lock and pause

and 75% keyboards can take off a pound compared to their chunkier counterparts

I use the numpad since it's pretty easy to remember the number layout.

I use Print Screen and I use Pause|Break as my Steam overlay key.

I use the numpad since it's pretty easy to remember the number layout.

I use Print Screen and I use Pause|Break as my Steam overlay key.

I can touch type the numpad keys too but they still waste space.

Print screen is only useful for tech support and proof of purchase attachments.

I'm shift+tab steam shortcut master race, with pause I'll have to take my hand off the mouse

mp1990

Banned
Been awhile since I talked about games I've beaten here, so since I've found this one to be particularly good I'll do a short write up on it:

Cn7uY7jW8AADgru.jpg

As a fan of character action games, this one was pretty sweet. It's pretty straightforward as far as the genre goes, the story is just a pretext for you to kill waves and waves of enemies, and the game doesn't have those flashy action moments of the P* ones, they just throw you in an arena and expect you to fight the people in there, with some not very refined mechanics. What made me hooked on it is that, there's a outstanding flow in the combat; the waves of enemies keep coming and the combos keep going, and it's really fast paced and never lets the ball drop, it's breathtaking. Also, there's something really fascinating about the combat itself- you don't have that many moves to trick with, but the flow is so entertaining I could do it for hours. The real deal comes with the boss battles, though: they're a real skill test, and some required so much patience that were borderline tiresome. Also, and obviously I will talk about it here, it has some really cute girls in sailor/ school uniforms, and who doesn't like that? In short, it's a gem in the rough, and if you already own it, you should give it a shot.

it's 4AM so sorry for any grammatical mistakes in advance and for how short it is :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are we thinking Activision might lose the Transformers license soon? I'm always wary of Acti deals because they never have deals.

I doubt it's due to expire any time soon, but it might end up on the chopping block when Acti does its annual cleansing of unwanted licences (late December/early January).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom