• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Is the retail German a Steam key?

From the amazon page:
Wenn Sie das Spiel als Neuware in der Retail-Version kaufen, erhalten Sie eine gesigelte DVD-Box nach hause geliefert. In dieser befindet sich der Datenträger und der Steam-Aktivierungskey. Sie können das Spiel vom Datenträger installieren (+ Download der aktuellen Updates) und bei Aufforderung den Key eingeben oder den Key direkt bei Steam eingeben und das Spiel komplett der Download installieren.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
but that's it, they have less to do, because termination is permanent, without any possibility to restore the account, meaning do extra work, requiring unconventional non programmed solutions and real people to deal with heartbroken owners.

no, they have more to do, because they have to explain permanent is permanent to the people wondering why permanent is permanent. you don't do things that result in hysterical customers if you can avoid it. they're not going to implement a feature designed to inflict misery on themselves to no end. there's no financial advantage to implementing this poorly.

Knurek

no, they have more to do, because they have to explain permanent is permanent to the people wondering why permanent is permanent. you don't do things that result in hysterical customers if you can avoid it. they're not going to implement a feature designed to inflict misery on themselves to no end. there's no financial advantage to implementing this poorly.

I'd imagine droves of people having to re-purchase 100's of their licenses would be a big financial advantage.
Short term, yes. Just enough to rack some retirement funds before selling the company to Microsoft or EA

Endruen

I'd imagine droves of people having to re-purchase 100's of their licenses would be a big financial advantage.
Short term, yes. Just enough to rack some retirement funds before selling the company to Microsoft or EA

Would you? I wouldn't buy anything from Steam ever again.

kagamin

If my account got deleted and a friend asked if I was gonna buy anything from the Winter Sale:
giphy.gif

Knurek

Well, some games are DRM free on GOG or Humble. Not enough though.
And for others, USA just took down KAT (thanks Obama), TPB will most probably die sooner than later. Also, 'scene' releases have been getting more risky as of late, what with cryptolockers, bitcoin farmers and other malware being added to them.
So it's not like you'd have much choice for most of your library.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if anyone needs any of the megadrive / genesis games from the bundlestars bundle that ARENT the toejam and earl games let me know, I need 3 more to fill out the bundle and finally get the toejam games to complete the collection

• Walking Dead
  • Deadlight
  • Max Payne 3
  • Deus Ex: Human Reovlution
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
  • Binary Domain
  • Mirror's Edge
All these are great games and shouldn't take long at all to finish.

Spelunky, Jet Car Stunts , Far Cry 2 are also dope games but they don't really end. Still recommend. Esp. JCS since it's perfect for short sessions.

Far Cry 2 certainly ends, but you have to be bought in to get there. Almost nobody finishes it if they don't like it, which some people do with games they don't like. For all the love Idle Thumbs gives to FC2, one of the main hosts haven't finished it. So those guys who mega love it but haven't finished it says something.

FreshVeggie, have you finished it?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
if anyone needs any of the megadrive / genesis games from the bundlestars bundle that ARENT the toejam and earl games let me know, I need 3 more to fill out the bundle and finally get the toejam games to complete the collection

Sonic CD

Far Cry 2 certainly ends, but you have to be bought in to get there. Almost nobody finishes it if they don't like it, which some people do with games they don't like. For all the love Idle Thumbs gives to FC2, one of the main hosts haven't finished it. So those guys who mega love it but haven't finished it says something.

FreshVeggie, have you finished it?
I did some years ago. Agree with you, game has some flaws which can be frustrating (respawning enemies) but overall it's pretty unique and has definitely more going for it than against. Most immersive Far Cry and I actually like the atmosphere.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Megabyte Punch -- MB-271095E021BB1915
🚮

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Streets of Rage 3 if there is a spot left.

Nzyme32

I just checked Social Club version and nothing popped up. And i don't see anything in settings related to cloud saves.

I'm using the Steam version. I just started it up and got asked that, which is a bit late considering I lost all my stuff from the last install. I accepted the beta but I can't tell a difference other than a brief message on start up that it is syncing, so either it works flawlessly or not at all.

Still, pretty interesting that they are doing that now, so I imagine they have something coming up eventually that is story driven that can utilise cloud saves - - - I hope

Parsnip

Not even with Steam Guard you're safe as big time youtubers have had their accounts hacked by asking the carrier for your SIM card, so I hope their system isn't as absolute as they say.

Can you elaborate on this?
I'm not sure how carriers and sim cards matter when it comes to Valve's mobile auth.

Sarcasm

so what DLC is worthwhile for Euro Truck Simulator 2?

I'm assuming ETS2 is still a better buy than American Truck Simulator at this point?

Not really true, but ETS2 is content complete.

The DLC that is worth it is the added content stuff like Scandinavia and Going East!

Not even with Steam Guard you're safe as big time youtubers have had their accounts hacked by asking the carrier for your SIM card, so I hope their system isn't as absolute as they say.

That is not..how..it works. It isn't tied to SIM card. I had to use a phone with no SIM card for a month and attached it. These YT people people don't use the mobile auth, they prob use the email setup.

GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst (bundled with GOD EATER: Resurrection) is up for preorder: http://store.steampowered.com/app/438490

$50 US, $70 CDN, 50€,etc on Steam
https://steamdb.info/app/438490/

The bundle is permanent (not a preorder limited deal).

I asked in the twitch stream if the DLC costumes will be available for purchase after the preorder period (on Steam), they said to keep an eye on their social media to find out.

Gamesplanet has it for a bit cheaper (around $45)

and if you have their 5% For Uncut Steam Group discount thing it makes it around $43

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/god-eater-2-rage-burst-steam-key--3074-1

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone who's played Hyper Light Drifter before: I know the game has a locked 30 fps, so is that the cause of the choppy camera/movement? Is this how the game runs for everyone? It's pretty noticeable.

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone who's played Hyper Light Drifter before: I know the game has a locked 30 fps, so is that the cause of the choppy camera/movement? Is this how the game runs for everyone? It's pretty noticeable.

Wouldn't say it's choppy. Is your monitor 144hz by chance?

QUOTE=freshVeggie;210891912]It's the physical game that is having a sale on Amazon.de but it apparently includes a Steam key.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to a copy in the USA. It's that possible at a discount price or was Der just letting the Germans here know is the deal?

So errr...I had an update to my Steam client and now it won't open, a box opens for a split second and then closes. Thats it.

If I uninstall Steam and reinstall it, do I have to reinstall my games again?

Sarcasm

QUOTE=freshVeggie;210891912]It's the physical game that is having a sale on Amazon.de but it apparently includes a Steam key.
I'm trying to a copy in the USA. It's that possible at a discount price or was Der just letting the Germans here know is the deal?

I want to know this too!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom