• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i need some help to continue scratching this Horror itch .

I just finished Amnesia : A machine of pigs ( a very underrated game imo even though i could see how people who played the first game could be disappointed by it )

And i want more .

I already finished Amnesia the dark Decent , and the above , outlast and i plan to get to Soma in the near future .

Are there any other games on Steam you can recommend to help aleviate this horror itch i am having ? :p
How is The Forest for you?
Alien Isolation is turning out to be outstanding for me.
Night Cry? Layers of Fear? Vampire the Masquerade!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thise MUA games are literally twice what they should be. $20 each with a $30 bundle would be reasonable

Escape from Tarkov could be a good entry in the STALKER lineage.

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

eft_alpha_customs_new9.jpg.9a4c02be09b3d68ee05c41ee80223e34.jpg
eft_alpha_customs_new12.jpg.15e24db407f7015f2598d8b333493237.jpg
eft_alpha_customs_new15.jpg.fbac54205d235fd1e0a3dd70e6a3a72a.jpg

eft_alpha_customs_new33.jpg.795fc0b5c4934ae876a04fe141cf8253.jpg
eft_alpha_customs_new20.jpg.af269e441d65076ed5ebf6764a02a460.jpg
eft_alpha_customs_new23.jpg.2e70c3f52c8e03517043f6a0007aa4a5.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
guys i need some help to continue scratching this Horror itch .

I just finished Amnesia : A machine of pigs ( a very underrated game imo even though i could see how people who played the first game could be disappointed by it )

And i want more .

I already finished Amnesia the dark Decent , and the above , outlast and i plan to get to Soma in the near future .

Are there any other games on Steam you can recommend to help aleviate this horror itch i am having ? :p

Alien: Isolation would also be an obvious pick, but I see you've already started that before.

Have you played Condemned: Criminal Origins before? If not, that's a no-brainer. Oxenfree is not a pure horror game, but is definitely creepy at times. Worth a playthrough regardless.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone heard from MRORANGE? Wondering if he is doing next month's thread.

Adnor

Banned
Guys I just found out that my best friend had a GAF account for years, has posted like twice in his entire life and doesn't want to join SteamGAF.

What should I do?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Guys I just found out that my best friend had a GAF account for years, has posted like twice in his entire life and doesn't want to join SteamGAF.

What should I do?

Make a thread.

I have a few friends on here. They just don't post much.

Jawmuncher

i would prefer a new vs series with another franchise or just a vs game with only capcom characters , thats way easier than trying to get the marvel characters at least

I've been wanting a all capcok fighter for so long. Or just a big mix of Japanese companies. Basically project x zone roster but as a fighting game for example.

Momentary

Banned
All you guys with FURI on your wishlist, do not hesitate to buy it when it goes on sale. What a damn good ride. I immediately regret not getting the soundtrack.

Tellaerin

I've been wanting a all capcok fighter for so long. Or just a big mix of Japanese companies. Basically project x zone roster but as a fighting game for example.

Now you've got me imagining some sort of insane Capcom/Namco/SNK/Sega/Tecmo crossover game.

I know it'll never happen, but man, what I wouldn't give to play something like that...

What should I do?

Sounds like he has his priorities straight.

If you must go down this road try and infect him with Sakura Clicker.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Setsuna does not seem to be as fun as I hoped it would end up being.

Isn't there some epic JRPG like FF7 to have come out of the indie scene? :(

Haven't touched KR0 in a long time, I'm kind of baffled as to why there was another woman in the group (and her dog), and why they were on a ship to begin with.

Csr

I need a little help guys, just got an email from noreply@support.steampowered.com that said that someone has requested to reset my steam password and i have not done anything like that.
Is someone trying to hack my account? Are there any other possibilities?
I guess i should contact steam support, anything else i should do?

Sarcasm

I need a little help guys, just got an email from noreply@support.steampowered.com that said that someone has requested to reset my steam password and i have not done anything like that.
Is someone trying to hack my account? Are there any other possibilities?
I guess i should contact steam support, anything else i should do?

Scan pc with malware bytes. JRT and adwcleaner. Change all your passwords.

kagamin

Eh, I'm not really up on what's been released for the Salsa Entertainment System. (I was also thinking of fighting games when I said that.)

That does look cool, though.

Its the ultimate Sega/Capcom/Namco fan service game, so many references to tons of stuff (even Radiant Silvergun gets a freaking reference for god sakes).

dickroach

is there a good like... starter's guide for Dark Souls?
I got through the tutorial stage with no problem, but now I've been playing for an hour and have made no progress. I get an inch farther every time, but that's about it. Also, I don't think I've pulled off one counter-attack with the shield block. -_-

edit: oh. just saw there's a Dark Souls OT still. well then...

kagamin

I got through the tutorial stage with no problem, but now I've been playing for an hour and have made no progress. I get an inch farther every time, but that's about it. Also, I don't think I've pulled off one counter-attack with the shield block. -_-

Let me guess, you're trying to fight the skeletons aren't you?

Go up not down. If you are fighting rolling skeletons, dragons, or ghost ladies you've gone the wrong way.

I wouldn't worry about parries until you get more comfortable with the game. The trick early on is to go slow and draw enemies out one at a time.
You'll generally stagger most of those enemies when you attack so swing away until you are low on stamina then back up and start again.

I never could parry until Bloodborne, and even now I can only reliably parry with the buckler shield (more parry frames). The best way to progress is to keep exploring, but if you really want a pointer... head up the slope near the Firelink Shrine, and you'll see stairs. It should be fairly straightforward from there for a couple hours.

If you need more help, SteamGAF loves its Souls.

kagamin

Also parrying early game enemies is really difficult for some reason, it gets easier as you go along tbh.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Dark Souls didn't really click for me until I found a weapon I liked (the Halberd) and I dumped all my upgrade shards into it. Only then did it start to feel like I wasn't wasting my time. Before that every single trash mob may as well have been a boss fight.

Dark Souls didn't really click for me until I found a weapon I liked (the Halberd) and I dumped all my upgrade shards into it. Only then did it start to feel like I wasn't wasting my time. Before that every single trash mob may as well have been a boss fight.

I mean the Black Knight Halberd is basically easy mode, so that makes sense.

Edit: That sounded judgey. I meant that more as an agreement of your weapon choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom