• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I mean the Black Knight Halberd is basically easy mode, so that makes sense.

Edit: That sounded judgey. I meant that more as an agreement of your weapon choice.

Oh yeah, I was rocking Halberd + Eagle Shield + Lautrec's Armor for a lot of the game, which is probably some of the easiest gear you can use for PvE which is almost entirely what I was doing. I think the only thing that could have made it easier for me is if I put more into Faith for healing and recall spells.

redlacs

hmm what happened to Severance: Blade of Darkness, I did a search for it and apparently it used to be on GoG

good question, no idea. it was one of my top favourite games back in the day. now theres an idea for a worthwile remaster! either way, it would certainly find its place on steam, especially now when Dark Souls series is so popular

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm what happened to Severance: Blade of Darkness, I did a search for it and apparently it used to be on GoG

Codemasters doesn't own the game and Rebel Act Studios no longer exists.

Edit: I assume Friendware is sitting on it, if the company still exists. Sounds like a job for Night Dive.

Edit edit: Moby Games says the last game it distributed was 2011's 15 Days and the official website link just leads to a squat page, so it's probably defunct.

My family got a 4K TV recently, so I was researching how to utilize it to its maximum potential (mainly for 4K content). But with the price of UHD BD players are going right now, I might as well buy a Xbox One S or PS4 Neo.

kagamin

Spec Ops The Line, wow that game, didn't see the
mortar
part coming until I saw the
huge crowd of people
at the end of the compound. I was like "oh shit".

derExperte

Stuff like that is why I can never buy a keyboard without a number pad, also the maths are easier with one.

Typing in the prices for trading cards. Numpad is life.
Still thought about buying a tenkeyless once or twice but nothing that crowded and I need my big enter key.

I've made a huge mistake.

I can't resist the aesthetics

I wonder how long it takes before those white keys start to look icky. I also cannot use keyboards without wristrests.

derExperte

derExperte

Ah, just a sheningan from Ubi than.

The idea is a good one, if you're skilled play this demo longer and maybe get the game, can't recall anyone else doing hat. Cool even if chances are tiny. But then Ubi fucked it up by not communicating clearly what has to be done so everyone thought you only need to complete the demo which is two levels long. And then they completely fucked it up by releasing this on a Friday, going home and leaving everyone even more confused.

Can anyone tell me how Steam Offline mode works regarding achievements?

Like I wont have internet for a few days but would like to play some games. Will the achievements pop up as soon as I go online again or never? I played Planetarian a few days ago in offline mode and didnt get the one for the first 2 chapters, but somehow for the 3rd.

Ludens

Banned

Like I wont have internet for a few days but would like to play some games. Will the achievements pop up as soon as I go online again or never? I played Planetarian a few days ago in offline mode and didnt get the one for the first 2 chapters, but somehow for the 3rd.

It depends from the game, which need to support offline achievements. In example Dreamfall Chapters unlocks achievements offline while Transistor doesn't.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Depends on the game.

Nordicus

Almost better off gone. I mean, I actually dig large parts of Severance, but the game breaks at every cutscene with no real fixes for most cases, so it should not be sold for money.

Spec Ops The Line, wow that game, didn't see the
mortar
part coming until I saw the
huge crowd of people
at the end of the compound. I was like "oh shit".
The real Spec Ops starts here

The moment of truth. It's been more than 3 days after EDF and Setsuna released.

EDF
Owners: 28,853 ± 4,311

I am Setsuna
Owners: 18,054 ± 3,410

Setsuna number doesn't bode well with the day and date release date promise for SquareEnix games. Well, it's an 'indie' game, but still. I hope SE won't look this data seriously.

Wok

Wouldn't call it a scam if they give a game for free if you can beat it with lesser than 15 deaths or something
It's not like you lose money or anything important, except for your time

The game is 15GB so a lot of time is lost to download it.

Hektor

EDF

I am Setsuna

Setsuna number doesn't bode well with the day and date release date promise for SquareEnix games. Well, it's an 'indie' game, but still. I hope SE won't look this data seriously.

SE didn't even bother to give it a retail release on console, i don't think they're expecting amazing sales for Setsuna.

Vlad

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reus -- MB-C6E861FDB1B22A4B - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1469370227z1.png

Arthea

IDK how indiegala survives when their site is almost constantly down.
That's so bloody annoying.

SE didn't even bother to give it a retail release on console, i don't think they're expecting amazing sales for Setsuna.

as if you don't know SE, it doesn't mean they don't expect shitload of sales.
Do you remember how they were not happy with CT, TR2013, etc. sales.
And do you remember how they expect FF15 to sell?

It will affect their judgment on us deserving timely releases or not, let's be real.

Vlad

Missed a few.

Don't know why Modbot is using the picture for Badland Bandits, the game should be Badland.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unmechanical -- MB-B5E41F3413B2ED27 - Taken by Jalal. 5 entrants total.
10000000 -- MB-DE0BF077B60B68BB - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Badland -- MB-ECB760C6D2CCF744 - Taken by texhnolyze. 5 entrants total.

t1469370591z1.png

Ascheroth

EDF

I am Setsuna

EDF seems to still be going strong according to the graph. Curious where it will end up once it stabilizes.

And yeah, I also don't think Setsunas success or not-success will change much in the grand scheme of things.

Mikurden

Yeah, it seems like they are always hard at work to make their website worse and find new ways to aggravate me. It's not just me, then? The site is up but says I don't exist when I try to login.

redlacs

is it constantly down for you? i actualy recall only one single occasion when IG wasn't working for me and that was my fault as the site blocked my IP after i was refreshing it too often. other than that it always works for me. it does load slower than other bundle sites but thats about it. even now everything loads fine

edit: for what its worth, i'm almost never logged in, in case that would make any difference

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It may also means we're not going to get another the same day and date release date for SE games in the future.
They can release better games, then. I had it on my wishlist and was looking forward to it. Then I read impressions and, well, it seems good but not great. Pass until 75% off.

Arthea

And yeah, I also don't think Setsunas success or not-success will change much in the grand scheme of things.

aren't you forgetting it's the first simultaneous release we got.
It won't change flow of late ports, true, but what if we wanted those to be not so late?

is it constantly down for you? i actualy recall only one single occasion when IG wasn't working for me and that was my fault as the site suppressed my IP after i was refreshing it too often. other than that it always works for me. it does load slower than other bundle sites but thats about it. even now everything loads fine

It is down now, it was down yesterday and day before yesterday.
I don't spend all day trying to get there true, but if I can't get on 3 days in a raw, I say constantly.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I don't spend all day trying to get there true, but if I can't get on 3 days in a raw, I say constantly.

hm, the site works fine here and I also can't remember a time IG was down, strange

Arthea

hm, the site works fine here and I also can't remember a time IG was down, strange

ig_downt7kkp.jpg

site loads from cache perhaps? it is definitely down.
unless it's regional thing of some kind.

edited: can you login and get keys? now I mean

edit2: I managed to retrieve one key somehow and it went down again
that's beyond annoying, if they don't fix it soon, I'm done with them.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ig_downt7kkp.jpg

site loads from cache perhaps? it is definitely down.
unless it's regional thing of some kind.

edited: can you login and get keys? now I mean

edit2: I managed to retrieve one key somehow and it went down again
that's beyond annoying, if they don't fix it soon, I'm done with them.

key library take a bit long to load but works here...

no clue whats going on there

as if you don't know SE, it doesn't mean they don't expect shitload of sales.
Do you remember how they were not happy with CT, TR2013, etc. sales.
And do you remember how they expect FF15 to sell?

It will affect their judgment on us deserving timely releases or not, let's be real.

Your two examples are all huge mongo-budget games that still sold well, just not to SE's weird projections.

I Am Setsuna was by all accounts a small budget, unpolished game that they're using to build brand recognition and start new IP. Sales are probably only one motivating factor.

SE's also got a lot of PC games these days, one flop doesn't mean they pull out of the whole market.

Jawmuncher

For what it is I think it did fine. No big launch or hype on an platform, price might have been a tad high for some. I see it having legs though when it goes on sale.

Something I've been wondering for a while now, what is this thread actually for? The Title and OP implies it's for discussion about Steam and Steam-related things, but it seems most of the posts here have nothing at all to do with that.

Knurek

Something I've been wondering for a while now, what is this thread actually for? The Title and OP implies it's for discussion about Steam and Steam-related things, but it seems most of the posts here have nothing at all to do with that.

Like the one I'm quoting?

Life is Strange is hella cute.

def sim

It's considered a general PC thread and a community. Off-topic talk will happen.

Besides, plenty of posts here are steam related. I think you might be focusing too much on those that aren't.

aren't you forgetting it's the first simultaneous release we got.
It won't change flow of late ports, true, but what if we wanted those to be not so late?

I'd say it'd depends on PS4 sales to compare. But yeah I wished it performed better. Like at least 40k :")

Edit: Forgot about the price though. I think considering the high price, it didn't do that bad. Made some decent revenue and may have some good legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom