• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll have to say

all those characters look awful lol

well poseidon or whatever doesn't

his design is simple and cool looking

That's Aquaman. And they pretty much HAVE to super-badass him because he has a rep for being the most laughably bad/pointless Justice Leaguer. The New 52 comics made him better (and even played off his old tropes,) but they still have their work cut out for him.

Arrowverse is not the same as the movie universe confirmed. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
looks good - brighter and more modern!

Thanks! It's crazy how I made the old site back in 2013 and thought "Wow this is really modern and cool!"

But I thought since it hadn't been updated in several years, it might be time to modernize it, and add a responsive design that works well with mobile devices.

The blog is the last piece that's rolling out, it's currently kinda borked.

gngf123

I am convinced there's something about my setup that's causing input lag. I thought it was just Shantae at first but now I've noticed it in Guilty Gear Xrd and some others.

Seems to be only occurring in games that I use my 360 controllers or arcade stick with. Google says that this can be a thing with Windows 10 and DVR, but I've not got the Xbox app and don't have Game DVR.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There are potions and oils. The idea is that you need to use them to actually be maximally effective. More important even than leveling up, IMO. Oils can do extra damage against certain enemies (humans, etc,) and potions can boost certain powers but induce toxicity so you can only use a limited amount. You don't need alchemy points only the formulae which you can buy. So the problem should really only be how you get them. The game also lets you experiment, right? So if you are really in a bind you could just gather the necessary ingredients and look up the combinations.

I vaguely remember the game having a good manual, like the used to way back when. Maybe that would be a good starting point? It's like five years last I played this ^^

Reading it, it seems to have a Morrowind-sort of style where you can craft things and try them on yourself but it's probably more beneficial to get books to learn it. That said, I couldn't figure out how to cook anything with the stuff I *do* have... so *shrug* I've just been killing monsters. There's apparently a Strategy Guide that CD Project Red included with the Steam Enhanced Edition for the quests, so least I have a "these are main-line, these are side-line" quest list now.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's Aquaman. And they pretty much HAVE to super-badass him because he has a rep for being the most laughably bad/pointless Justice Leaguer. The New 52 comics made him better (and even played off his old tropes,) but they still have their work cut out for him.

Arrowverse is not the same as the movie universe confirmed. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
oh yea i realized my mistake after i posted

he looks alright

rest i think look stupid but i never liked superhero designs

except maybe like sam raimi's spiderman

Enhanced Steam's new website is rolling out now.
looks nice

KingKong

Hollywood has officially run out of ideas, hasn't it?

They've hot on the idea of franchise universes which means they don't need notable directors or actors any more and will have an easy time marketing in China so honestly I don't see them stopping any time soon

dex3108

there's a new king kong?

Imagine Jurassic Park 2/3 with Godzilla sized gorilla instead of dinos. That is Kong: Skull Island :D

Suicide Squad trailer looks ok, Justice League so-so and Wonder Woman trailers is good :D Also i see that WB learned their lesson. They released all trailer on their channel right after they showed them on their panel at SDCC.

Nabs

I'm really liking Lovely Planet Arcade. If the first game controlled more like Quake, this one is more like old school DOOM or Wolfenstein 3D. They simplified a lot, but they turned up the puzzle factor a ton. Some enemies will slow down time, others will teleport you to their location, and some will require you to jump to get over their armor. You have to kill enemies in the right order, the right way, and quickly. It's a lot better than I expected, the trailer doesn't really do it justice. I was really worried about the removal of the y-axis and the limited jump, but I feel this game stands on its own. It's definitely worth the $5 if you're into arcade titles like this. For some reason, they left out the leaderboard. I hope they plan on patching it in, because I loved comparing my scores with my friends.

Don't buy it if you need a storyline and some cutscenes.

Do buy if you're a cool person with some patience. It's good.

Ozium

I'm really liking Lovely Planet Arcade. If the first game controlled more like Quake, this one is more like old school DOOM or Wolfenstein 3D. They simplified a lot, but they turned up the puzzle factor a ton. Some enemies will slow down time, others will teleport you to their location, and some will require you to jump to get over their armor. You have to kill enemies in the right order, the right way, and quickly. It's a lot better than I expected, the trailer doesn't really do it justice. I was really worried about the removal of the y-axis and the limited jump, but I feel this game stands on its own. It's definitely worth the $5 if you're into arcade titles like this. For some reason, they left out the leaderboard. I hope they plan on patching it in, because I loved comparing my scores with my friends.

Don't buy it if you need a storyline and some cutscenes.

Do buy if you're a cool person with some patience. It's good.

this sounds good the reviews on steam on launch day were worrying

Nabs

this sounds good the reviews on steam on launch day were worrying

That's why I waited for the official Steam release, I needed that refund safety net. I think a lot of the negative reviews are from people expecting a pure sequel. This game is more of a sidestep from the original.

Tellaerin

Glad to see the true king of the seas

I don't see Namor in that picture. >.>

Why the hell do you people not lurk Gaming Discussion more often?
d545fb8c-b00f-4c8e-bff1-063dfc6419fd_400.jpg

http://themarvelreport.com/2016/07/marvel-gaming-sdcc/

Enjoyed those on PSP, would love to have them on PC. Color me hyped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on price for the MUA bundle? thats some hot fire right there (even if we knew they were coming), never played 2

edit: wait what, $40 each and $60 for the bundle? LOL

Anteater

Imagine Jurassic Park 2/3 with Godzilla sized gorilla instead of dinos. That is Kong: Skull Island :D

Suicide Squad trailer looks ok, Justice League so-so and Wonder Woman trailers is good :D Also i see that WB learned their lesson. They released all trailer on their channel right after they showed them on their panel at SDCC.

Ben Affleck looks so old

any word on price for the MUA bundle? thats some hot fire right there (even if we knew they were coming), never played 2

edit: wait what, $40 each and $60 for the bundle? LOL

It's such a ludicrous price that I'm inclined to believe they're trying the door-in-the-face technique.

"That price is too high, everybody, just play Marvel Heroes."

More players go to Marvel Heroes, meanwhile they slash prices in half to 20 each or 30 for the bundle, which players see as more reasonable for a port, now they have more people playing all three games.

dickroach

I played through Tiny & Big In Grandpa's Leftovers the past couple of afternoons. Cool little 3D platformer where the main using a laser to cut up and cut down parts of the level and moving them to create bridges, etc. to advance over pits and whatever. Dumb, quirky story, cool art style, really cool music, and by the time you really get used to the game mechanics the game is over. It's only like a 3-4 hour game, but it's definitely worth the $4 it sells for during Steam sales. Fun

TB2.jpg

cyba89

I would totally buy MUA1 in a heartbeat if it was like $30 but I will wait for the next sale now.

Hope We get Xmen Legends games too. Really liked these in local Coop.

Thorgal

guys i need some help to continue scratching this Horror itch .

I just finished Amnesia : A machine of pigs ( a very underrated game imo even though i could see how people who played the first game could be disappointed by it )

And i want more .

I already finished Amnesia the dark Decent , and the above , outlast and i plan to get to Soma in the near future .

Are there any other games on Steam you can recommend to help aleviate this horror itch i am having ? :p

guys i need some help to continue scratching this Horror itch .

I just finished Amnesia : A machine of pigs ( a very underrated game imo even though i could see how people who played the first game could be disappointed by it )

And i want more .

I already finished Amnesia the dark Decent , and the above , outlast and i plan to get to Soma in the near future .

Are there any other games on Steam you can recommend to help aleviate this horror itch i am having ? :p

Have you played Close Your Eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom