• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah if you're not enjoying the combat then feel free to cheat away, you should enjoy the Witcher series for the story and quests.

The Combat System wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't facing groups. Like I could use the Knock-down spell to stun, and kill one meanwhile 4 of them will recover and just hack away at me. Meanwhile the musical-click combat isn't doing enough damage no matter the stance I use. It's just... frustrating. One-on-one it isn't so bad, but against groups it's just putting the fear of combat into me.

Try shifting to group stance more frequently while in the swamps. Act 2 serves as a weird speed-bump in pacing and difficulty, causing a lot of players to drop it before they make it to Act 3. Which is unfortunate, since the plot actually starts moving at the very end of Act 2.

I'm not even in the Swamps yet. I just left the sewers and these Salamanders are kicking my ass. I guess it's my fault for going to the detective since he was literally five steps away from the exit instead of exploring more?

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I have it, but I haven't played it since I had a majority of the story spoiled for me years ago. Seems like there isn't a point in playing it when you know the plot twists.

True, besides the story there isn't much left that would be worth playing the game.

Uzzy

So it looks like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is going to have an unlockable hardcore difficulty mode.

And as a treat for dedicated fans, completing Mankind Divided on Hard difficulty unlocks a mode titled, "I Never Asked For This." In this setting, players will only have one life to get through the game. Progress can be saved along the way, but if the player dies, that save gets deleted.

Mivey

So, The Witcher 1: Should I cheat engine the EXP gain to get better skills or what/ I'm level 10 in Act 2 and these stupid Salamander group people are kicking my ass as I don't have the human sword right now and Agni won't burn them continuously.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to musical-game-click the combat. :/
Focus a bit on alchemy. It is extremely OP if used correctly.

What makes you think it's animu? Serious question in a non-condescending way.

vKUSAE5.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Focus a bit on alchemy. It is extremely OP if used correctly.

I put points into it, but apparently the only thing I can cook up is like one oil with all the stuff I've been gathering. Does using that stuff give you EXP? Honestly, I'm not sure what the best way of gaining EXP besides exploiting monster respawns is and doing that without leveling so you don't decrease the monster exp gain while doing that.

Plus, I'm not sure what to put points in besides Agni and the Knockdown spell + the Witcher Sword skills. D:

zkylon

zkylewd
i'll have to say

all those characters look awful lol

well poseidon or whatever doesn't

his design is simple and cool looking

Mivey

I put points into it, but apparently the only thing I can cook up is like one oil with all the stuff I've been gathering. Does using that stuff give you EXP? Honestly, I'm not sure what the best way of gaining EXP besides exploiting monster respawns is and doing that without leveling so you don't decrease the monster exp gain while doing that.
There are potions and oils. The idea is that you need to use them to actually be maximally effective. More important even than leveling up, IMO. Oils can do extra damage against certain enemies (humans, etc,) and potions can boost certain powers but induce toxicity so you can only use a limited amount. You don't need alchemy points only the formulae which you can buy. So the problem should really only be how you get them. The game also lets you experiment, right? So if you are really in a bind you could just gather the necessary ingredients and look up the combinations.

I vaguely remember the game having a good manual, like the used to way back when. Maybe that would be a good starting point? It's like five years last I played this ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom