• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

To add to this I already have UAC off

4a102f0529cd0acddfa88a8dea431001d8e671f9def8ecaa6992bc455cee56f4.jpg

except "on and off"

yuraya

NK is such a ridiculous boss fight in Dark Souls 3. The success rate against him is so freaking low compared to all other bosses in the trilogy. Without doubt he is the hardest. Its like 25% of trying to solo him. If you summon one other it increases slightly to like 35%. Summoning 2 others increases it to like 45-50%. All it takes is some bullshit move of his and he takes like 75% of your health. One swipe of his shit just killed me entirely. Full health at lvl 90. So op wtf.

On the plus side the summon with him is instant. Just place a sign and in less than 5 seconds you get summoned. Game came out like 4 months ago and its still instant. Everyone struggles against him lol.

Salsa

just realized that this was the first ever Steam Sale where I didnt buy (nor recieved by gift or even activated from outside) 1 single game

guess that's mildly interesting

last thing I got was the Snakebird humble bundle and last steam purchase was Devil Daggers

NK is such a ridiculous boss fight in Dark Souls 3. The success rate against him is so freaking low compared to all other bosses in the trilogy. Without doubt he is the hardest. Its like 25% of trying to solo him. If you summon one other it increases slightly to like 35%. Summoning 2 others increases it to like 45-50%. All it takes is some bullshit move of his and he takes like 75% of your health. One swipe of his shit just killed me entirely. Full health at lvl 90. So op wtf.

On the plus side the summon with him is instant. Just place a sign and in less than 5 seconds you get summoned. Game came out like 4 months ago and its still instant. Everyone struggles against him lol.

The only boss in the game that got my heart racing when I finally beat him. What a great fight.

Jawmuncher

just realized that this was the first ever Steam Sale where I didnt buy (nor recieved by gift or even activated from outside) 1 single game

guess that's mildly interesting
Same. That sale came and went without me even realizing.

Starting with Batman, all Telltale games will feature Crowd Play (aka crowdsourced responses--perfect for marketing youtubers).

This is exactly what everyone has wanted from their engine. It's like we're doing the same thing, only for their development.
Life is strange, sometimes.

That's pretty cool. Me and the family basically played Until Dawn that way.

Salsa

Starting with Batman, all Telltale games will feature Crowd Play (aka crowdsourced responses--perfect for marketing youtubers).

This is exactly what everyone has wanted from their engine. It's like we're doing the same thing, only for their development.
Life is strange, sometimes.

I think what everyone wants is for that engine to move better

it can look pretty in screenshots but shit's so stilted that it's just becoming really offputting. I think the Batman trailer looks awful.

it can look pretty in screenshots but shit's so stilted that it's just becoming really offputting. I think the Batman trailer looks awful.

I was actually trying to be sarcastic. I don't think it worked... Sarcasm marks should become a thing some day.

So, yeah, I guess TT thinks the animatronic barely-holding-together aesthetic of all their games is part of their charm nowadays. But Tales From the Borderlands Ep 5 showed just how bad it is for anything beyond "talking heads;" transitions lag, VO gets knocked out of alignment, and in general it's jank city that feels moments away from breaking.

After Life is Strange nailed everything but lip syncing, they need to step up their game. It moved, looked, and felt much better than anything TellTale has done.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't need crowd play but I'd appreciate wait mode so I can have some time to finish listening to the other characters and fucking think before I speak.

derExperte

Trials of the Blood Dragon demo still not fixed, can't connect. In better gaming news the GB QL convinced me that I need Quadrilateral Cowboy asap.

It's a new version and imo looks much improved. Not AAA but good enough, the biggest problem for me was performance anyway, Michonne ran like total crap and worse than anything before.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. How many Side Quests does Chapter 2 in the Witcher have? *laughs* I've finished I think half of them and it took me a good 2-3 hours to backtrack to report the quests done and start new ones. But damn, I still haven't even pushed the starting of the main quest yet and I'm still not done.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Holy shit. How many Side Quests does Chapter 2 in the Witcher have? *laughs* I've finished I think half of them and it took me a good 2-3 hours to backtrack to report the quests done and start new ones. But damn, I still haven't even pushed the starting of the main quest yet and I'm still not done.

Chapter 2 was the longest with a ton of side quests. Best to stay in the swamp as long as you can and kill everything.

I would also say get a weightless mod. It doesn't break the game and it saves you so much time and grief.

We still hungry fam.

How could we not be ? :p
When Valkyria Chronicles was released on Steam, people have put money where their mouth was outselling the original PS3 release. I can admit that for Sonic, maybe it was already greenlit and it was too late to not release it.
Now if for this year, SEGA fails to bank on VC success with another Japanese port, I'll just lose hope and that's all.
I'm a patient man, it's been nearly 2 years since VC. They had plenty of time to bring the port goodness :")

Let's just hope it wont be another random game no one asked for like Condemned 2 or worse, The Conduit.

The THQ Classics pack is tempting, it's $10 here and I own nothing from the list.

I'll definitely play Darksiders and Titan Quest, so I guess it'll be worth it?

How about the Red Faction games, are they good?

zkylon

zkylewd
It never released in Europe, both physical and digital, like Chrono Trigger PS1, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics etc.
Also I didn't play the game you listed, Zkylon, but I bought Vagrant Story during the last PSN sale so at least I can play that one.
Anyway do you know what is funny? I don't know why, I think it's not even nostalgia related, because I never played this game, but I can play thos 1990-2000 titles for hours without getting bored, while usually with "new" games I got bored after some minutes, even if the game is good, but I need to play them in small bursts. The only exceptions are MGSV and W3, which I played for hours because I was too much into them.
honestly the 90s were just crazy good in terms of quality and output of games, there's just such a wealth of amazing and revolutionary stuff like every year, and it was going on console and pc at the same time

years like 1998 are just insane to even think about

How could we not be ? :p
When Valkyria Chronicles was released on Steam, people have put money where their mouth was outselling the original PS3 release. I can admit that for Sonic, maybe it was already greenlit and it was too late to not release it.
Now if for this year, SEGA fails to bank on VC success with another Japanese port, I'll just lose hope and that's all.
I'm a patient man, it's been nearly 2 years since VC. They had plenty of time to bring the port goodness :")

Let's just hope it wont be another random game no one asked for like Condemned 2 or worse, The Conduit.

It even outsold the PS4 port, even though that got a slick Steelbook. Hell, Capcom is bringing more ports out with less effort on the part of petitioners. In the words of Sega's mascot:

COME ON STEP IT UP

It even outsold the PS4 port, even though that got a slick Steelbook. Hell, Capcom is bringing more ports out with less effort on the part of petitioners. In the words of Sega's mascot:

COME ON STEP IT UP

I wonder how this one sold by the way.
But yeah, Capcom didn't failed to capitalize on DD's success on Steam and they're bringing another PS360 gem that could've been lost, with OG Dead Rising.

Jawmuncher

The PS4 port was 60$ though? Or not?

Was 30 I believe. PC version will probably stay ahead of the PS4 version though. Due to $5 dollar sales and being in a bundle.

As for Sega Ports they do have a good library. Just hope they stick to push the bigger stuff first and pricinh accordingly. They've done good so far. But I'd hate just as an example to see a port of Phantasm star 3 Card Battle at 40 dollars or something with nothing new added. Basically don't want a case of a port not doing well for them to change their minds.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
House of The Dead 2,3 and Typing of The Dead too while we are at it. Those should be easy since PC versions exists.

Some help please.

Perhaps this is obvious, but how the hell do I set myself as Administrator on Windows 10?

I have a clean install, I'm the only user, my account is apparently and administrator account - and yet for a whole bunch of activities I will get asked that I need admin privileges "do you want to continue" - I don't need these damn warnings.

To add to this I already have UAC off

As far as I know you can't disable those kinds of prompts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom