• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - does anyone use anti-malware software?

If so, what do you recommend? No idea if I actually need it at all

I use Malwarebytes from time to time as a precaution if i feel something is going on with my system, but it's never found anything to date. The best anti-malware advice is really just to use common sense; avoid sketchy looking sites, links or downloads and you'll be safe almost all of the time.

NIN90

wQEeZnb.png

Emoticon_crazy.gif

zkylon

zkylewd

Quadrilateral Cowboy - $18.99 (-5%)

Quadrilateral Cowboy is a single-player adventure in a cyberpunk world. Tread lightly through security systems with your hacking deck and grey-market equipment. With top-of-the-line hardware like this, it means just one thing: you answer only to the highest bidder.

Quadrilateral Cowboy |OT| Twentieth-century cyberpunk
will probably buy it straight, i loved gravity bone and 30 filghts a whole bunch. the rest of blendo's games not so much but still

Clustertruck does not
not sure what that is but it sounds like it has trucks in it and i dont raelly like car games

It's true. Even Song of the Deep has spiders, and it's set entirely underwater. Which was kind of surprising to find out.
yeah i pretty much check for spiders before i play any game, at least any game featuring monsters

i'm half expecting a spider to show up midway through way of the samurai

shockdude

Panda Free Antivirus. Really good performance all around. Also, toggle a single setting and it will never nag you about buying the Pro version. On my computer, I barely even notice it exists, and yet it's saved me a couple times by detecting the crap that gets bundled with freeware installers these days.

Nzyme32

I use Malwarebytes from time to time as a precaution if i feel something is going on with my system, but it's never found anything to date. The best anti-malware advice is really just to use common sense; avoid sketchy looking sites, links or downloads and you'll be safe almost all of the time.

I run MBAM every few months. It never finds anything, but it keeps me sane.

The same. I use it several months at a time and it never finds anything. I'll keep using it though just to feel fine

Quadrilateral Cowboy - $18.99 (-5%)

Quadrilateral Cowboy is a single-player adventure in a cyberpunk world. Tread lightly through security systems with your hacking deck and grey-market equipment. With top-of-the-line hardware like this, it means just one thing: you answer only to the highest bidder.

Quadrilateral Cowboy |OT| Twentieth-century cyberpunk

It's interesting, but I'm putting a higher priority on Headlander.

Thirty Flights of Loving did absolutely nothing for me, so I'm a bit cautios when it comes to Blendo Games, but this do look a bit more meaty then Thirty Flights.

Ludens

Banned
Parasite Eve 2 is a blast. I'm really liking it, it's not "dark" as Resident Evil titles, but it's very good and charming. I still don't understand what those monsters are, since in Europe we never got Parasite Eve 1, but the game itself is great.

Cth

We use Webroot.. there's less overhead and it's cloud based.

But yeah, MAB is another good one, we use it mainly for virus removal at work though.

Nzyme32

Panda Free Antivirus. Really good performance all around. Also, toggle a single setting and it will never nag you about buying the Pro version. On my computer, I barely even notice it exists, and yet it's saved me a couple times by detecting the crap that gets bundled with freeware installers these days.

We use Webroot.. there's less overhead and it's cloud based.

But yeah, MAB is another good one, we use it mainly for virus removal at work though.

Windows Defender, MalwareBytes, and common sense.

Yeah Windows Defender and Malware Bytes with obvious common sense have been no problem for quite a few years, but good to know it's what others are doing as well. Also good to have some alternatives noted down should reliability change in future

zkylon

zkylewd
Parasite Eve 2 is a blast. I'm really liking it, it's not "dark" as Resident Evil titles, but it's very good and charming. I still don't understand what those monsters are, since in Europe we never got Parasite Eve 1, but the game itself is great.
i love parasite eve 1 so been meaning to play 2 for a while but for some reason it never quite worked on emulator for me

pe1 is the best tho, i love that game so much

illusionary

So, how do you get Episode 2-5 of Life is Strange? Steam has a 1-5 bundle for $10 which seems insane for someone that got it off someone buying it through Humble Bundle and gifting Episode 1 before that went "free."

Uh-oh. Eps 2-5 don't show up on the Steam store anymore... Unless there's some weird steamdb or in-game way to add things to your cart, I doubt you can currently. They'll probably fix it soon.

SE destroying everything, one move at a time.

There's an announcement up about this now - see in particular the last paragraph, which I've bolded: http://steamcommunity.com/games/319630/announcements/detail/588102221197825364

------------------
Episode 1-5 Bundle Temporarily Removed From Store *FIXED*
25 JULY - INEXORABILIS

Update: This issue was resolved this morning.

The Episodes 1-5 bundle, which is the bundle you would buy to get the full Life is Strange game, appears to have dissapeared from the the store front. This is unintentional.

We are currently looking into where it went and should hopefully have it back in it's place later today.

The Bundle is currently unlisted, but can still be found here:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/56692/

Note: The Episode 2-5 bundle was intentionally removed when we set Episode 1 free and will not be returned as the Episode 1-5 bundle now functions in the exact same way (and is discounted for those who previously bought Episode 1 individually - no one has lost out).

Ludens

Banned
i love parasite eve 1 so been meaning to play 2 for a while but for some reason it never quite worked on emulator for me

pe1 is the best tho, i love that game so much

I'm playing it on PS3, PE1 never released in Europe, so I never played that. And I can't play the sequel too, considering is PSP only :S

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm playing it on PS3, PE1 never released in Europe, so I never played that. And I can't play the sequel too, considering is PSP only :S

pe1 is kind of nothing like pe2 in that it plays more like vagrant story/valkyrie profile 2/resonance of fate than resident evil

but i love that combat, i think it's so cruel no one never did anything like that ever again

i so wanna have some time and code my own version of pe1 combat

it's the best ;_;

There's an announcement up about this now - see in particular the last paragraph, which I've bolded: http://steamcommunity.com/games/319630/announcements/detail/588102221197825364

------------------
Episode 1-5 Bundle Temporarily Removed From Store *FIXED*
25 JULY - INEXORABILIS

Update: This issue was resolved this morning.

The Episodes 1-5 bundle, which is the bundle you would buy to get the full Life is Strange game, appears to have dissapeared from the the store front. This is unintentional.

We are currently looking into where it went and should hopefully have it back in it's place later today.

The Bundle is currently unlisted, but can still be found here:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/56692/

Note: The Episode 2-5 bundle was intentionally removed when we set Episode 1 free and will not be returned as the Episode 1-5 bundle now functions in the exact same way (and is discounted for those who previously bought Episode 1 individually - no one has lost out).
Huzzah!
giphy.gif

Now everyone should go buy it.

illusionary

Elliot Quest for $2.50 from chrono.gg... I don't know a great deal about the game but have heard generally good things. Worth snapping up at this price?

Ludens

Banned
PE1 is way better than 2

3 sucks

PE 1 isnt on PSN in Europe?

It never released in Europe, both physical and digital, like Chrono Trigger PS1, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics etc.
Also I didn't play the game you listed, Zkylon, but I bought Vagrant Story during the last PSN sale so at least I can play that one.
Anyway do you know what is funny? I don't know why, I think it's not even nostalgia related, because I never played this game, but I can play thos 1990-2000 titles for hours without getting bored, while usually with "new" games I got bored after some minutes, even if the game is good, but I need to play them in small bursts. The only exceptions are MGSV and W3, which I played for hours because I was too much into them.

dex3108

Is there any reason it's impossible to play Mafia 1 aside from pirating it? I mean I don't want to but they don't give you much choice. Amazon has used physical copies but I don't have a disc drive, and it's not on any of the DD sites.

As far as i know no you can't. I had game on Steam before they removed it.

I am now at last boss fight in Metal Gear Rising and i think it is pure bullshit (especially if you don't have any Nanopaste) I will try to beat him tomorrow but if i fail i think that i will just delete game. I managed to beat 12 Bloodborne bosses i think and i never complained (maybe a little when i went for Paarl with low level character) but i really feel the need to complain about MGR last boss XD

Endruen

So I managed to choose 4 games from the promotion and I asked a friend if he wanted one. He asked me for Streets of Rage II but he already had it because Sega gave it away recently *facepalm*

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Streets of Rage II -- MB-F77CB819658805EB - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.

t1469494123z1.png

Vibranium

Banned
Mad Max is pretty fun, even with the open world and some choice gameplay designs. Maybe it could have lended itself better to a survival-based semi-open game though.

I also think it would be cool to explore the world of the first movie, where society is going to shit, but it hasn't completely fallen apart yet. Playing as a part of the MFP would be interesting, where you interact with people and see their true nature.

A Dosed Her
B Made Her Cry
C Bullied Her
Fuck you, Life is Strange.
Fuck you so much.

The choice is so easy though.

Mad Max is pretty fun, even with the open world and some choice gameplay designs. Maybe it could have lended itself better to a survival-based semi-open game though.

I also think it would be cool to explore the world of the first movie, where society is going to shit, but it hasn't completely fallen apart yet. Playing as a part of the MFP would be interesting, where you interact with people and see their true nature.

How would the semi-open world work? Would there just be driving segments and would those be procedurally generated?

Haven't played that game, but it seems like that could work, and make the world seem more desolate without it feeling like it hasn't got enough to do in it.

Nzyme32

Some help please.

Perhaps this is obvious, but how the hell do I set myself as Administrator on Windows 10?

I have a clean install, I'm the only user, my account is apparently and administrator account - and yet for a whole bunch of activities I will get asked that I need admin privileges "do you want to continue" - I don't need these damn warnings.

To add to this I already have UAC off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom