• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

I've heard horror stories, but steam customer service have been a nightmare. They haven't read or understood the issue at all. They have replied twice and now told me I need to seek a refund or exchange as this is not a steam purchase even though this issue is steam Related and any exchange will not rectify the situation.

They all seem like stock replies rather than people actually trying to help!

I have sent another reply asking for them to disassociate the existing key/license from my account so i can add this. Lets see what fun happens next.

Quoting myself just because....I finally realised I could just create a new steam account and just add the key to that instead, and it works! Only Problem is, the key activated the first Resident Evil: Revelations (rather than the sequel) game on my new account, you can't make this up, got no idea what to do now as the key has been used, but it's the wrong bloody game!

I've contacted gaf user wBacon but to no avail yet :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Next game up, thanks to my addiction on FFBE. FFVII.

Curious if the Steam versions of FFVI and FFIV have tablet options too?

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of darkest dungeon last night

game looks pretty awesome, it seems like there's a bit of persistent progress that is probably gonna make me stick with it longer than something like ftl

should i disable bodies and heart attacks and stuff?

For zkylon fans and others who want to play an indie TellTale-like game in Iran. Unfortunately, no discount on the basic edition.
i think i bought the base game for $6 so it's not that big of a difference

personally i think it's worth the asking price but it's also very much of a non-game thing in that while it's a telltale like thing there's not much of a branching storyline or whatever. you get a bunch of choices but they're mostly for flavor than actual direction of the story

don't know how good it is, but there's also the "prequel" (and it's free): http://store.steampowered.com/app/95700/
i also liked this game quite a bit

lmao

don't make fun of my fans

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Next game up, thanks to my addiction on FFBE. FFVII.

Curious if the Steam versions of FFVI and FFIV have tablet options too?

True to form of their bad ports, Square Enix removed touch-functionality from the Steam ports of FFIV and FFVI. I guess they didn't want to cannibalize their mobile market sales.

HXLUS7B.png

Wait...why is the one who's a foreigner named Satomi? Isn't that a Japanese name? Would have made more sense for her to be the one named Ava, seeing as Japan doesn't even have the V sound.

There is lots of driving in Mafia 1 too (i played M1 few weeks ago :D).

Is there any reason it's impossible to play Mafia 1 aside from pirating it? I mean I don't want to but they don't give you much choice. Amazon has used physical copies but I don't have a disc drive, and it's not on any of the DD sites.

data

played a bit of darkest dungeon last night

game looks pretty awesome, it seems like there's a bit of persistent progress that is probably gonna make me stick with it longer than something like ftl

should i disable bodies and heart attacks and stuff?

You're aware the game has spiders right?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You could run some kind of temperature monitoring utility (there might even be one on the case depending on where you got the PC) and keep a track of averages while idle or playing one particular game. If you notice the average going up a little bit while the conditions in your house haven't changed, then it might be time to clean it out.

Even with dust filters, stuff can get in there, but it won't adversely affect the hardware unless it gets real bad

29-35 whilst just browsing the web

doesn't go higher than 80 whilst playing games though, usually in the 40/50s, depends on the game and the settings

derExperte

Not on Steam, but Prune is currently $1 in the Windows 10 store... it's basically a port (or Universal App?) of the mobile game.

Haven't played it yet, but the iOS version has a pretty good score on Metacritic, and was "TIME Magazine's Game of the Year 2015" (if that helps something lol).

this game suck, the developers pay the newpaper call TIMES, this game crashes every second. and its boring ass hell dont dowload,
PS THE EVELOPER JOEL MCDONALD PAY THE NEWPAPER TIME TO BE IN THE BEST GAME

UltraJay

FB is my first mobile game outside of Trivia Crack and Word Crack.

Fam.

Makes my decision much harder now.

It is still a PC game. There are third party apps that can add touch controls to ANY game. It probably won't be a nice as native mapping since tapping on menu items wouldn't be possible.

EDIT: yeah pretty much just virtual gamepads and trackpads

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Fuck Failmid, I entered for that giveaway and didn't get a key because they want you to confirm your email within an hour. I've never heard of such bullshit

There might be a Ghost in the Shell key hidden in this post.

GaussTek

Unsurprisingly the link loops me through couple of Microsoft websites and ends up with a white blank site. That's what happens for me with most links that link to microsoft.com these days. That, or a site saying there was an error. Fun stuff.

Yeah, that happens to me as well sometimes, my guess is that it has something to do with the MS account login being a different region from the link, as that when it loops for me most of the times (not sure), but yep, I always end up going directly to the store app

Hektor

Quadrilateral Cowboy - $18.99 (-5%)

Quadrilateral Cowboy is a single-player adventure in a cyberpunk world. Tread lightly through security systems with your hacking deck and grey-market equipment. With top-of-the-line hardware like this, it means just one thing: you answer only to the highest bidder.

Quadrilateral Cowboy |OT| Twentieth-century cyberpunk

I've played Gravitiy Bone and Thirty Flights of Loving and don't understand what this game is about at all.

every game does lol

Clustertruck does not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom