• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Just finished Lightning Returns. It took some trial and error and a good half hour of tinkering with schema for me to beat the boss' final form, but the payoff... That ending made it all worthwhile. A satisfying conclusion to not just LR, but the XIII trilogy as a whole.

I enjoyed the game enough that I'll definitely do an NG+ run at some point, though I think I'm going to move on to something else for now. Looking back on it now, I think these games got far too much hate. (It's kind of a shame that XV isn't connected with the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos anymore, since I thought that was an interesting concept.)

Now I'm in that post-RPG state where I'm happy but bummed that it's over, and not sure what to play next, lol.

Lain

Anyone else preordered the Phantom Brave PC: Digital Chroma Edition from humble, and had the key provided not unlock the artbook?

KingKong

EDF 4.1 is so good. It just keeps getting better and crazier too. Every mission I think 'how will they top this' and they answer

17ym5e.jpg

Speevy

Banned
This one comes with a condition that you must review this game if you win it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ghost of a Tale -- MB-E675E41DC8CBE3A9 - Taken by Ozium. 29 entrants total.

t1469517750z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah both headlander and quadilateral cowboy look pretty dope, but i wasn't really expecting them to just drop like that

might grab em next month

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-CC4B750D4BFB0B5E - Taken by bobnowhere
I'm doing an anonymous giveaway because I don't want you to hunt me down and punch me once you get to play this game

Speevy

Banned
Level 5 is one of the few who can give a fuck about Steam and PC given their level of sales.
They already see the money roll in from their handhelds releases.

Level 5 needs to co-develop an RPG. They have the most accessible RPG systems in all of gaming.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5342/9219040059_348cb26cc9_o.gif

The dance .gif is (un)intentionally funny in context. But yeah, the writing is a bit all over the place in Life is Strange if the first episode is anything to go by. It's still enjoyable, but there's some things that just throw it off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Chapter 2 was the longest with a ton of side quests. Best to stay in the swamp as long as you can and kill everything.

I would also say get a weightless mod. It doesn't break the game and it saves you so much time and grief.

I don't mind the item limit, but I'm swimming in thousands of herbs but no means of cooking them since the bases are being used for quests and stuff. I have gotten a bit more knowledge from books, but they cost so much that I don't know what the best method of getting credits is beyond "STEAL. ALL THE THINGS! SELL! THEM ALL! TO THE SHOPS FOR ONE CREDIT EACH!"

Seems like you want to buy those books since there is no "intelligence"/skill up option to get all the recipes unless you Morrowind it up and somehow luck into making the potion you wanted. But you need bases for that. Bleh.

House of The Dead 2,3 and Typing of The Dead too while we are at it. Those should be easy since PC versions exists.

Typing of the Dead is just HotD2 with Sega Dreamcasts and Keyboards instead of the guns. They could just port that, do the HotD mode like Overkill's did and have both of them in one game. But that requires them reworking/doing more work than a straight-up port of TotD to Steam.

3 never had a PC port, AFAIK. Same with 4 and the first HotD.

Tizoc

Level 5 is one of the few who can not give a fuck about Steam and PC given their level of sales.
They already see the money roll in from their handhelds releases.

Only in Japan, what was the last Western release of their handheld that did well?
Besides stfu, you know your punk ass wants their games on Steam.

PaulSane

So, i won "one of the best strategy games" earlier, and apparently i already own that one. Also, i wish i didn't own it :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Never trust mystery giveaways from anonymous people :p -- MB-1D1ECEA7477E5887 - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.

t1469521822z1.png

mp1990

Banned
Only in Japan, what was the last Western release of their handheld that did well?
Besides stfu, you know your punk ass wants their games on Steam.

Well, since you asked, Yokai Watch did sell 400k copies, which is quite impressive (even though L5 said they weren't thrilled by the numbers, which were probably caused due to the game being the first iteration of the franchise in the west), but I don't want to pour cold water on your expectations since I agree, they should bring their franchises to PC, especially considering how expensive Layton copies are nowadays lol.

Tizoc

Well, since you asked, Yokai Watch did sell 400k copies, which is quite impressive (even though L5 said they weren't thrilled by the numbers, which were probably caused due to the game being the first iteration of the franchise in the west), but I don't want to pour cold water on your expectations since I agree, they should bring their franchises to PC, especially considering how expensive Layton copies are nowadays lol.

On the one hand, that's a decent figure for Worldwide release, but when you realize that in Japan ALONE it sold more than 400K...well at least we're getting Yokai Watch 2 in coming months.
...and hey Europe likes their Pokemon-like games so kudos to them.

Tellaerin

Considering some of MS' past practices, I wouldn't put it past them to do just that. :p Nothing so bad that the Steam client straight out refuses to run, but something causing just enough crashes and other headaches that (they might hope) people would get sick of it and buy games through the Win10 store instead. I can easily imagine them claiming that "essential security features may have broken compatibility, and we can't roll back these changes for safety reasons, but we're working hard to identify the source of the problem and address it", while nothing at all is done. :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ghost of a Tale -- MB-E675E41DC8CBE3A9 - Taken by Ozium. 29 entrants total.

t1469517750z1.png

This thread is going places. First page is entirely dismissal, second page is the "but they've done it before!" group. Either way five years is a hilariously tiny time for this to happen.

Considering some of MS' past practices, I wouldn't put it past them to do just that. :p Nothing so bad that the Steam client straight out refuses to run, but something causing just enough crashes and other headaches that (they might hope) people would get sick of it and buy games through the Win10 store instead. I can easily imagine them claiming that "essential security features may have broken compatibility, and we can't roll back these changes for safety reasons, but we're working hard to identify the source of the problem and address it", while nothing at all is done. :p

Unless something drastic changes with the Windows 10 Store, I think people would rather install Linux than try to play UWP games.

But can't just .... Steam creates workarounds ?

If I'm reading the theory right, Tim believes that they'll force Steam into such a buggy corner that there won't be anything done about it. If this was happening, of course Valve would throw everything they had against it.

Wok

Ah crap, I did not read the minimum requirements for Ghost of a Tale: a video card with 2 GB VRAM. It is the trend these days: Abzu, Obduction and now this. I wonder if my Radeon 7770 would be sufficient.

Tizoc

Heh Ozium won, congrats.

Apparently the game will have combat added in later updates and atm there is only the stealth stuff right?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Never trust mystery giveaways :p failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1469521502z1.png

UWP would need to be dominant for Microsoft to phase out Win32 for it. Good luck with that. I would not be surprised if they drop it for something else like they do with most of their projects.

Windows got where it is due to being an open platform. But Microsoft are more than welcome to play with fire if they want to.

dex3108

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom