• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelf

God, I love Retroarch for everything it brings to the table, and I think it has some of the brightest devs in the scene working on it...
But god damn, why do they keep breaking features between versions?
1.0.0.2 was the last version with working SGB support in the BSNES core (no savestates support in the newer ones).
1.3.6 broke autosaving feature (autoload works, but autosave only works when you quit from the menu, not from the Esc button).
So... frustrating.

Humble Kecmo Today?
Yeah I don't trust Retroarch updates at all. Something I spent a while setting up always ends up breaking at some point.

Counter to it's aim to be the one emulation program you need, my PC is littered with different versions of it now just so I can avoid breaking the setup for systems I'm happy with.

Anteater

5PSC4Ae.jpg

kWLeqSZ.jpg

..... fuck

I'm playing it wrong

I miss that series, got burned out after the first 2 games but I wouldn't mind some japanese drama

Ozium

Sega brought together some top indie devs for HELP: The Game. It's out now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/472770/

HELP: The Game is a project which brings together the top developers, studios and gaming industry superstars - all to raise money for children in war.

War Child supports and protects children whose lives have been disrupted by war and conflict. Our programmes are rebuilding lives across Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Central African Republic.

fixed

wishlisted

xist

On the positive side at least with no new bundle it's another good week for the wallet and the backlog....any of those BTA's make the BTA tier worth it for those on the fence for the 2K bundle??

Knurek

Why are we even surprised there's no bundle on Humble?
Monthly will be up on Friday, they've been doing that for the past few months IIRC.

rtcn63

The Evil Within... more like... the evil... inside me...

15833937.jpg

Fun game so far. Iffy framerate (PS4, no letterbox). Everything more than two inches in front of Sebastian is super fuzzy. I'm aware of the supposedly poor CPU optimization the game suffers(ed) from.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-F05356D60223C296 - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.

t1469567750z1.png

ArjanN

The Evil Within... more like... the evil... inside me...

15833937.jpg

Fun game so far. Iffy framerate (PS4, no letterbox). Everything more than two inches in front of Sebastian is super fuzzy. I'm aware of the supposedly poor CPU optimization the game suffers(ed) from.

PC version is fine.

Bundle extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich -- MB-09D5F9D677523B56 - Taken by derExperte. 7 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-F2D563E48ED799C2 - Taken by hannes. 6 entrants total.
Freedom Force -- MB-FB98340C289A1B0A - Taken by bobnowhere. 9 entrants total.

t1469568069z1.png

gaiadyne

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gaiadyne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-24DD98B2068C790C - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.

t1469558323z1.png

Humble Leftovers

The new Sonic track so really really good. Like it's so good I expect it to be sampled by a high profile artist and be a mainstream hit.

It's called, "Checkpoint."

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wasn't there someone talking shit about Seagate drives earlier itt? I bought a 1tb backup portable seagate drive, and the thing starts beeping as soon as I plug it in, and doesn't get recognized as a drive on two pc's I tried it on. Returning it tomorrow.

Erudite

Wasn't there someone talking shit about Seagate drives earlier itt? I bought a 1tb backup portable seagate drive, and the thing starts beeping as soon as I plug it in, and doesn't get recognized as a drive on two pc's I tried it on. Returning it tomorrow.
Iirc, I've seen the sentiment around here that Seagates are more likely to fail/die out than say WD drives.

It's not a rumor or something. Seagate are statistically quite likely to fail.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Iirc, I've seen the sentiment around here that Seagates are more likely to fail/die out than say WD drives.

It's not a rumor or something. Seagate are statistically quite likely to fail.

And this is right out of the box! Got it out, plugged it in, and device manager sees a drive, but explorer doesn't. And it beeps constantly. I don't even feel like troubleshooting, just going to ask in the store tomorrow if I can switch for a different brand. Luckily the drive in my pc is WD.

dickroach

portable as in no power adapter?
I re-arranged a bunch of wires n shit a few weeks ago, and when I plugged back in my Seagate 3TB (w a power adapter) it started buzzing and not getting recognized. I freaked out; but it turns out I just had the wrong AC plug pugged in, so it wasn't getting enough power.

Western Digital is supposedly having higher failure rates most recently (2015-2016), but I'll still never trust Seagate with any of my data ever again.

I've had 3 Seagate drives in the last 10 years, and all of them died just over a year into use, within a few months of being out-of-warranty.

Likewise, I've had probably...8 Western Digital drives of various sizes in the same timespan, and the oldest one (a 250GB) is still alive and kicking almost a decade later.

My main PC will only ever have Western Digital drives in it (aside from SSDs, of course). I mean, it's still important to make regular backups, and to have redundancies in place (no drive is perfect) but anecdotally, I've had nothing but problems with Seagate. When they go, they don't gracefully die, either. They just flat-out stop working, with little-to-no chance of recovering the data.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
portable as in no power adapter?
I re-arranged a bunch of wires n shit a few weeks ago, and when I plugged back in my Seagate 3TB (w a power adapter) it started buzzing and not getting recognized. I freaked out; but it turns out I just had the wrong AC plug pugged in, so it wasn't getting enough power.

No power adapter, just has an usb cable. I tried every port on my pc and a laptop, nothing every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom