• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

USGAF, what the fuck is going on with your country?
Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary Clinton
Isn't that, uhh, treason?

Considering Valve is an American company, how will potential Putin lackey's presidency over USA affect us?
(In b4 'digital gaming purchases will be the least of our worries if that happens')

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That sounds like it'd be great.

It could work

O1mdlAQ.png

PPCawhM.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In better news, I'm getting farther along with Enhanced Steam for Firefox. I figured out I was able to manually work around the Mozilla bug mentioned earlier by giving the extension explicit full permission to the domains that require XHR access. What this means is that (hopefully) with the next release it should be fully working in Firefox 48, including on the steamcommunity.com domain pages.

I'm also busy building an update manifest so that users that have the next version installed will receive automatic updates going forward. Good stuff.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Dead Serious

Loved the game. Put over 70 hrs into it.

http://thesnakesoup.org/junkimg/articles/gameover/neverbegameover.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

You play with controller? My 360 and one controllers no longer work and i am having trouble getting a ps4 controller(wire) working properly. Game recognizes it but the button config is wrong

yuraya

You play with controller? My 360 and one controllers no longer work and i am having trouble getting a ps4 controller(wire) working properly. Game recognizes it but the button config is wrong

Played it entirely with 360 pad. Worked fine. There should be an options setting for xbox button prompts iirc but I don't have a ps4 controller so I don't know how any of that stuff works with it.

Ludens

Banned
Is Woodle Tree Aventures 2 free somewhere? There are plenty of giveaways on Steamgift. Well, it will be free in like a week anyway.

jshackles

You better go audition for 'man standing awkwardly at the back of the vortex club party'

If they do actually decide to film here (I honestly don't know why they wouldn't) I'll have to ask around and see if I can be an extra.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Played it entirely with 360 pad. Worked fine. There should be an options setting for xbox button prompts iirc but I don't have a ps4 controller so I don't know how any of that stuff works with it.

Thank you I will look for that.

In better news, I'm getting farther along with Enhanced Steam for Firefox. I figured out I was able to manually work around the Mozilla bug mentioned earlier by giving the extension explicit full permission to the domains that require XHR access. What this means is that (hopefully) with the next release it should be fully working in Firefox 48, including on the steamcommunity.com domain pages.

I'm also busy building an update manifest so that users that have the next version installed will receive automatic updates going forward. Good stuff.

The king is (almost) back, baby! Thanks for all the hard work, jshackles.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

jshackles

They just need to film in a few Oregon cities and they could do it. I don't know the exact names of the cluster of towns, but Arcadia Bay was kind of an anagram of a few coastal Oregon towns that are all in pretty close vicinity to each other.

Honestly the closest approximation I could think would be Garibaldi, Oregon

jshackles

The king is (almost) back, baby! Thanks for all the hard work, jshackles.

No problem - Mozilla is actually doing a fairly decent job of bringing the latest versions of Firefox up to speed with Chrome's APIs. I'm happy that people who choose Firefox will once again be able to use the latest Enhanced Steam features.

If you're not averse to running the Firefox "Developer Edition", you can compile the latest changes yourself as I've updated the Enhanced Steam Firefox dev repo on Github.

Lain

Just saw a couple interesting projects up on the SE Collective:

The Girl of Glass, a point and click adventure with some turn based combat.

The game combines a colorful point and click adventure with strategic turn-based combat to tell the story of Kristal, The Girl of Glass.

Features

Branching dialogue and multiple solutions to each adventure quest.

Balanced combat with emphasis on strategy over stats.

Traditional 2D painted and animated environments projected onto 3D surfaces to add depth to the scenes.

Full-blown orchestral soundtrack for a total immersion in the story.

Possibility to bypass combat or point-and-click adventure depending on player's preference.
girl_meets_boy2_2.gif

Mayhem In Single Valley, a... weird thing.

Core Concept. What would happen if a videogame character discovered that they are a videogame character? How would this affect their relationship with The Player? How would they feel about the game designers who placed them in a world of torturous challenges?
WakingUp.gif

The Girl of Glass particularly intrigued me since I've always loved P&C adventure games.

Tellaerin

The Girl of Glass particularly intrigued me since I've always loved P&C adventure games.

From the description, it sounds like you'll be able to go the combat route as an alternative to dealing with particularly annoying puzzles, which is relevant to my interests.

Uzzy

So Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Arise - Solid State Society - The New Movie - First Assault Online is in 'open beta' now, whatever that means. They've added a horde mode, finally put the Seburo weapons in the game and gave the Major her Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig outfit, for the great price of only £45.

Someone please steal my wallet before I buy it.

Blizzard

Banned
I am trying to set up the Steam authenticator, but that requires an SMS code.

I EVENTUALLY receive an SMS code, but by the time I receive it, the code is apparently bad (it takes something like 5+ minutes to show up on my phone). Is there any solution to this? This is the only phone verification system I'm aware of that takes such a long time to send the message.

I checked the Steam forums and found a thread where other people have the same issues -- the SMS code either doesn't send, or shows up so late it is invalid.

No problem - Mozilla is actually doing a fairly decent job of bringing the latest versions of Firefox up to speed with Chrome's APIs. I'm happy that people who choose Firefox will once again be able to use the latest Enhanced Steam features.

If you're not averse to running the Firefox "Developer Edition", you can compile the latest changes yourself as I've updated the Enhanced Steam Firefox dev repo on Github.

Nice. I can't use the Developer Firefox right now (at least as my main browser) so I'll have to just wait for it to hit officially. I've been waiting for a few months now, so a couple more weeks won't kill me.

Blizzard

Banned
I am trying to set up the Steam authenticator, but that requires an SMS code.

I EVENTUALLY receive an SMS code, but by the time I receive it, the code is apparently bad (it takes something like 5+ minutes to show up on my phone). Is there any solution to this? This is the only phone verification system I'm aware of that takes such a long time to send the message.

I checked the Steam forums and found a thread where other people have the same issues -- the SMS code either doesn't send, or shows up so late it is invalid.
I just tried this again, instantly got an SMS...and instantly got an invalid SMS code error on the app.

Is it just super unreliable? Or is it likely that the SMS I got was from 10-15 minutes ago instead? How long do the codes last?

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried this again, instantly got an SMS...and instantly got an invalid SMS code error on the app.

Is it just super unreliable? Or is it likely that the SMS I got was from 10-15 minutes ago instead? How long do the codes last?
I'm seeing stuff like this on reddit:

I'm trying to change my mobile number to my account, but every time I try to change the number the sms code that is send to the old number is wrong. Same with deleting the number. Atleast I managed to take mobile authenicator off. I read about some time sync error but my mobile and combuter both have the same time, as in steam "tv mode".
I never received the mobile auth sms from Steam. I tried to link my GMAIL acc to my phone right now and I nearly Instantly got the code, I can receive SMS's from anybody really, just, I never got any SMS from Steam.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried to remove the phone number using the Windows Steam client. Instant SMS, instant bad SMS code error.

After some googling, someone suggests that you literally cannot use SMS verification if you add it to a phone that doesn't support the Steam authenticator. Wow. It's time for the Steam support rabbit hole I guess.

Phinor

Can you move existing Steam library categories up and down? I really need a new category up near the top of the list but new categories automatically go on the bottom of the list.

dex3108

I wonder if by the time RE7 is released we won't have some hints about Yakuza on PC.

I would bet that yes, we will have.

We are talking about SEGA here. They really don't know what to do/release on PC even if you point game to them and say "this will sell on PC, bring that to PC" :D

Granjinha

We are talking about SEGA here. They really don't know what to do/release on PC even if you point game to them and say "this will sell on PC, bring that to PC" :D

Well, they do, actually. That mega drive stuff and their PC studios shows that really clearly. :p

Of course, that was thanks to SEGA Europe. But the whole PC initiative comes from them, so yeah, i'm patient.

Blizzard

Banned
Weirdly, there doesn't seem to be a "Bug Report" forum for the actual Steam Client. There is only a Bug Report forum for the Steam Client Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom