• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

So excited that people will get to play the true Little King's Story. It was a great Wii title and one of the best from Cing. Gonna have to pour some beer on the floor for Cing when this comes out in 7 days.

OG LKS is such a great game. I hope PC players give it a chance, I think it'll surprise people.

Tizoc

But where's Xanadu Next, though?

You think you want Xanadu Next?
YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO NEEDS IT?!?!!?
I NEED IT YESTERDAY!!!!
I NEED IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
I WANT MY UNEXPERIENCED FALCOM RPG GOODNESSSSSSSSSS DAMNIT!!!!111
XSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Eila

But where's Xanadu Next, though?

LKS was outsourced so I don't think it impacted the scheduled release of Xanadu Next. Corpse Party just took longer than anticipated and they finally launched that back in April so hopefully not much longer now. I'm pretty certain it's for this year unless they run into lot of problems again. Hopefully not because I also need Trails the 3rd ASAP.

Tizoc

Once they got Xanadu Next up on Steam, 2017 can finally be ready for
8972-Cover.jpg

There are no dinosaurs in this Wizardry-like game, the main antagonist's name is Dinosaur

C4rter

Doom 3 Steam Code from German Magazine GameStar.
May be Region Locked?!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Doom 3 -- MB-DE8A61A1AA3CAB93 - Taken by mp1990. 2 entrants total.

t1469814926z1.png

Edit: There seems to be a Germany specific sub:
https://steamdb.info/sub/423/

All subs:
https://steamdb.info/app/9050/subs/

Nabs

What is the game about?

You're a little king who decides to take control of his loser town and make it something special. You then go and try to take over the world. Think Pikmin, but with a ton of different types that can you manage. You can take your townfolk and make 'em into Soldiers, Hunters, Miners, Carpenters, and so on. You'll use them to improve your town, and then you'll take some out and try to expand your territory.

Eila

8972-Cover.jpg

There are no dinosaurs in this Wizardry-like game, the main antagonist's name is Dinosaur

Since XSEED are almost done with their announced PC projects I'm super excited to know what they have next. We have LKS for next week, Xanadu Next being worked on and Trails 3rd for next year. Wonder what else is cooking there :)

Nzyme32

You're a little king who decides to take control of his loser town and make it something special. You then go and try to take over the world. Think Pikmin, but with a ton of different types that can you manage. You can take your townfolk and make 'em into Soldiers, Hunters, Miners, Carpenters, and so on. You'll use them to improve your town, and then you'll take some out and try to expand your territory.

Ok, I am suddenly very interested in this game

Mivey

So excited that people will get to play the true Little King's Story. It was a great Wii title and one of the best from Cing. Gonna have to pour some beer on the floor for Cing when this comes out in 7 days.
Hey, the people who made the Kyle Hyde games made this? Fuck yeah, catapulted this right to the top of my wishlist.

LKS was outsourced so I don't think it impacted the scheduled release of Xanadu Next. Corpse Party just took longer than anticipated and they finally launched that back in April so hopefully not much longer now. I'm pretty certain it's for this year unless they run into lot of problems again. Hopefully not because I also need Trails the 3rd ASAP.

I'm actually more interested in Xanadu Next than TitS3rd as I didn't really enjoy the first game much.

8972-Cover.jpg

Always been curious to try this one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack -- MB-948D4CD9029E11DE - Taken by madjoki. 12 entrants total.

t1469827842z1.png

Granjinha

They released Senran Kagura and Corpse party earlier this year. So it should be 4 games from them if all goes right.

Oh yeah! It was that. Thanks.

They should be announcing more stuff soon, then. It's not XSEED, but i really want Exist Archive from Spike/Tri-ace.

Nzyme32

header.jpg

In addition to an HD graphical update, the Windows PC release of Little King’s Story will allow for both XInput and DirectInput controller support, and will also incorporate various Steam-specific features, including a set of newly conceived royal achievements. Resplendent Steam Trading Cards will accompany the game as well, with completed decks bestowing upon players a king’s ransom in badges, background images, and chat emoticons.

Does this mean no Mouse and Keyboard support?

Because that would be really annoying

Eila

Oh yeah! It was that. Thanks.

They should be announcing more stuff soon, then. It's not XSEED, but i really want Exist Archive from Spike/Tri-ace.

Considering they are bringing stuff like Conception II to PC I think it should be happening if they keep supporting PC.
Looking at Spike Chunsoft's catalog the stuff they can keep porting are the two other Danganronpa games, the Zero Escape games (pretty much confirmed). Shiren the Wanderer 5 maybe?

Nzyme32

I imagine it just means they will have both methods of controller support in at launch. One of their previous ports launched without Xinput, if I remember correctly?

Cool. I just realised from the other thread that I still don't even know what the game is properly like (and rather wouldn't know too much purely as a surprise). My assumption was that this was already a pointer based game on Wii, but apparently it wasn't. If controller is what is perfect for the game, I'd be fine with that.

Shiren The Wanderer 5 to PC would be a godsend. The odds of it coming to the platform looks good thanks to Spike Chunsoft's efforts and using their brain when it comes to finding a studio that can actually port games.

Eila

Cool. I just realised from the other thread that I still don't even know what the game is properly like (and rather wouldn't know too much purely as a surprise). My assumption was that this was already a pointer based game on Wii, but apparently it wasn't. If controller is what is perfect for the game, I'd be fine with that.

I think it should have a M&K implementation as the games that don't have it have a note stating that.
Notice: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons requires a controller to play
Now as if they're needed, it might sound weird for a RTS on wii not using pointer controls, but that's what LKS is.

mp1990

Banned
I think no one posted this here yet, but anyway:

The price is way lower than I expected, I'll wait for the reviews to drop but it look pretty neat.

kagamin

Shiren The Wanderer 5 to PC would be a godsend. The odds of it coming to the platform looks good thanks to Spike Chunsoft's efforts and using their brain when it comes to finding a studio that can actually port games.

I wanted one of their games on PC to be Shiren the Wanderer, but people thought it might be too niche even for Spike Chunsoft, I'll still hold out hope though.

Eila

I wanted one of their games on PC to be Shiren the Wanderer, but people thought it might be too niche even for Spike Chunsoft, I'll still hold out hope though.

They are publishing this so we're halfway there.

Shiren the Wanderer 5 is a bit pricey though. Don't think it'd move too much at $40 so waiting a bit for a price drop isn't too bad.

Granjinha

Yeah, and i think it fits with the platform. Hope it comes over.

Nillansan

Oh, totally. I mean, I haven't heard about "That Upgrade prompt" from Windows 10 being "hilariously deceptive", how informed I can really be after that.

That wasn't the only thing that I was referring to, I was actually referring to most of your post. The way in which you responded to the criticism raised by hardcastlemccormick made it look like you were either uninformed or overly dismissive.

Anyway, it is time to wrap it up. The thread is about Steam, not about Windows 10. Apologies to whoever had to read through the unwanted exchange.

No, it's about anime and Speed Test Results, don't you know? Let's wrap it up.

Nillansan

OG LKS is such a great game. I hope PC players give it a chance, I think it'll surprise people.

I will be there day one or whenever the pre-order goes up.

Thanks for posting my review.
Ya I have to say the game is just good fun for me. Saw some others hammering on it but they also seemed to consistently be bringing up odd grievances. All I can say is the stream I did was positive, and when I played it with some friends preparing for review it was liked by all there.

Just an overall enjoyable gameplay loop for me.

You're welcome Karak, I really enjoy your reviews. I will definitely pick it up.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack -- MB-948D4CD9029E11DE - Taken by madjoki. 12 entrants total.

t1469827842z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
In celebration of the new sprites and that Im not entirely broke I decided to give away a copy of The House in Fata Morgana. Please enter if you actually plan playing it. The Visual Novel is one of my favorites and I feel like more people should get into it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazra, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The House in Fata Morgana -- MB-F3CB03402DEC352D - Taken by Black Soma. 18 entrants total.

t1469834948z1.png

Steam and Bnet have been uninstalled. My habit of dumping all files on the desktop makes for an easy backup process. It is a good thing I checked for cloud saves as DS2 does not support them.

I am ready for the clean Win10 install.

I may never return obviously. Think well of me.

Steam and Bnet have been uninstalled. My habit of dumping all files on the desktop makes for an easy backup process. It is a good thing I checked for cloud saves as DS2 does not support them.

I am ready for the clean Win10 install.

I may never return obviously. Think well of me.

Once I finish backing up some stuff I'll be joining the other side as well.

I'll see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom