• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Oh of course, how could I forget these. Backed Divinity OS 1 and 2, and yet to event start 1 due to pillars / planescape. Once I'm done with those I can get on with those and the D:OS2. Aragami and Cuphead are seeming like instant purchases.

I'm expecting a surprise game announcement between October and December. Seems like a tradition for something to come out of no where.

Sad thing is I'm the same, I backed D:OS 2 on kickstarter and haven't gotten to the first yet!!

Nzyme32

After not having my computer for a week and a half I'm somewhat afraid to open Steam as there will probably be a ton of updates that will want to install.

Not sure if this will work, but Steam should be set not to update stuff unless idle. So maybe connect to Steam online, but immediately force a connection loss by disabling wireless or something. Then get a game started and reconnect, and steam should not be able to update till you stop playing, the updates will get listed and you can just which to delay. Seems lately all my update will be "Scheduled" for a time first rather than straight away updating, so I can choose what to do

Yeah, Divinity OS 2 isn't coming this year.

Sad thing is I'm the same, I backed D:OS 2 on kickstarter and haven't gotten to the first yet!!

You should get to the first one man. It really is a wonderful game. And it will click really quickly too. You reach the first main town after about 30 minutes of gameplay and then it all falls into place. The visuals, the music, the quests, the lack of handholding... it's great.

Jawmuncher

Oh of course, how could I forget these. Backed Divinity OS 1 and 2, and yet to event start 1 due to pillars / planescape. Once I'm done with those I can get on with those and the D:OS2. Aragami and Cuphead are seeming like instant purchases.

I'm expecting a surprise game announcement between October and December. Seems like a tradition for something to come out of no where.

I'm guessing no PC update / version?

The console port is apparently supposed to be fixing the 60FPS. So hopefully that is patched on PC to accompany it. But then again PC didn't get Mercs United for RE5.

Ozium

I'm not too sure what you mean. Do you mean an actual email? I didn't get one yet. Kind of don't expect to considering the games age

check your spam folder

i didn't kill the guy and then the guy who encountered me killed me... :(

Damn, so many games to get. Some new and many of which I have been a huge fan of their predecessors or the developers prior work:

Abzu - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2nd August
No Man's Sky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 12th August
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - - - - - - - - - - 23rd August
The Turing Test - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 30th August
Mafia III - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 7th October
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - - - - - - - - - - - -21st October
Dishonored 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -11th Novemeber
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - - 6th December
Tyranny - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TBA 2016
Walking Dead: Season 3 - - - - - - - - - - - - - TBA 2016
Aragami - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -TBA 2016
Cuphead - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TBA 2016

Not sure how to decide on all of these...

I'm thinking of skipping No Man's Sky and picking up Deus Ex MD, as I am a huge fan of the original and to a less extent HR. Guess I'll have to miss Turing Test for a little while... Mafia 3 is 2 days before my birthday, so I'll probably justify it that way. Probably wait out Civ VI due to the absurd UK price. Might have to wait till Christmas to grab Dishonoured 2 and South Park. I know I'll want Tyranny but I'll may try to put it off till I can finish off Pillars of Eternity. Amazing end to 2016. Best in years I think for me.

Oh and 2017 is shaping up to be pretty good to.

no Abzu or Obduction?

:(

Nzyme32

The console port is apparently supposed to be fixing the 60FPS. So hopefully that is patched on PC to accompany it. But then again PC didn't get Mercs United for RE5.

Well, RE4 is on my list of things to play over Christmas or sooner. I had RE4 on the Gamecube, but while playing it the Gamecube's sound chip must have fried itself after 7 years of use, so no sound kind of made playing pointless. I for some reason didn't bother playing it on Wii even though I could have.

Nzyme32

check your spam folder

i didn't kill the guy and then the guy who encountered me killed me... :(

Ah there it is - I lived, after letting the first guy live, so the email says "this seems appropriate". Also the guy I let live was someone called "thx for killing me", so I out smarted him. That guy had a really absurd story that I simply didn't believe, but I did think he was a legit character due to the perfect spelling and grammar. It was just a massive tone shift for that person to say, but the story didn't make sense so I assumed that person might have some sort of mental illness, and thought I was out smarting the game hahaha.

no Abzu or Obduction?

:(

lol I added Abzu, definitely missed it by accident. What is Obduction?! Gonna check it out. I think we usually seem to have similar taste

EDIT: Obduction - "from the creators of Myst and Riven"

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS

Grief.exe

The only game i'm buying Day 1 in August is Re4

It's already out though fam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

31DY.jpg

imma get Dios Extreme Mankind Divider and Dishonored Again 2: The Electric Boogaloo and Dude Rising 1: Frank West Returns

and Guilty Gear Revelator: We're Charging Full Price for this Expansion if it comes this fall

Nzyme32

imma get Dios Extreme Human Revolution 2 and Dishonored Again: The Electric Boogaloo and Dude Rising 1: Frank West Returns

and Guilty Gear Revelator: We're Charging Full Price for this Expansion if it comes this fall

Ah for fucks sake. Forgot about Dead Rising 1, which was the one I really liked. My list is getting way too long. I'd probably have to skip on Dead Rising or hope its a Christmas gift. Then again, I really shouldn't complain about so many great games coming up.

that's a cool looking main character

Also thought that

AHA-Lambda

wait, why are they re-releasing Dead Rising 1 when I kept hearing Dead Rising 4 was a remake of Dead Rising 1?

Am I talking rubbish?

wait, why are they re-releasing Dead Rising 1 when I kept hearing Dead Rising 4 was a remake of Dead Rising 1?

Am I talking rubbish?

probably because Microsoft is funding Dead Rising 4 when Capcom already had plans to remaster the first one

I'm ok with that since it's likely DR4 is UWP exclusive

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bought a Steam controller the other day. Either it takes ton of time ti get used to or its a terrible controller for me.
It's amazing. Take a couple weeks using it.

Lomax

Best part about opening Steam. I get giddy seeing all the updates.

Not sure if this will work, but Steam should be set not to update stuff unless idle. So maybe connect to Steam online, but immediately force a connection loss by disabling wireless or something. Then get a game started and reconnect, and steam should not be able to update till you stop playing, the updates will get listed and you can just which to delay. Seems lately all my update will be "Scheduled" for a time first rather than straight away updating, so I can choose what to do

Only ended up being four games, which wasn't so bad. Must have been a slow week for patches or something.

So I cancelled my Humble Monthly subscriptions weeks ago, was still charged overnight. Hopefully there is something good! Can't see myself ever playing CoD III Multi.

I'm hyped for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, didn't buy No Man's Sky because I want to reaㄎ some gaffers' impressions first.
Four things are a bit worrying:
  1. Energy Manipulation Tool: the mechanic of switching things on and off given a fixed amount of energy is a well-known gimmick, which could turn quite limited in the end, see Red Trigger for instance,
  2. From the creators of Pneuma Breath of Life, which has mixed reviews,
  3. There is something uncanny about the main character in the trailer starting at minute 1:00, unless it is on purpose,
  4. This whole discussion about Turing Test sounds like a false promise ("Take on tests designed in such a way that only a human could solve them").

This is the youtube description of the trailer:
Oh yeah. The title caught my attention, but then the trailer showed nothing but puzzle levels. I really couldn't shake the feelings that its story was tacked on to add some meat to a puzzle game.

Adnor

Banned
Aw yeah, I built a boat. Fantastic little match 3 game. One of the best mobile games I've played. Sadly I didn't played the Steam version so no achievements.
Do I need to reroll to get the crew members I didn't get?

Nzyme32

I'm hyped for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, didn't buy No Man's Sky because I want to reas some gaffers' impressions first.
Oh yeah. The title caught my attention, but then the trailer showed nothing but puzzle levels. I really couldn't shake the feelings that its story was tacked on to add some meat to a puzzle game.

Yeah, I'm now pretty much decided on grabbing Deus Ex MD straight away as a massive fan on OG Deus Ex and HR. No Man's Sky just isn't providing any info on the PC version or much on the game, so first impressions are everything. ABZU is out soon but I'll probably wait a while.

Desperate to get hold of the Deus Ex Breach Soundtrack, as 0edit is doing it and he's pretty damn incredible particularly with his work on NeoTokyo's Soundtrack.

Windows 10 is scary. It's like using a paralell universe's edition of Windows 8.1.

Afraid to see how weird Steam looks now. Also kinda fraid to launch it, 'cause Cortana might get jealous.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's not a question of IF it's coming to PC. Only a question of WHEN.

The game isn't a looker, but I bet if ht's a decent port and allows for downsampling, then it's going to look damn crisp. Gameplay already looks to be better than this AAA fighting game I'm playing on STEAM currently.

SFV?

And it's not winning! Shake my head. Their lack of PC support was surely the right move if they wanted to save money.

When I see the sales of the game, I can't see how it was the right move. Also everyone in their sane mind knows Ed Boon is trolling people with MKXL on PC. The GGPO bit should be pretty much telling.

Ed Boon can fuck off, don't even bother putting a PC poll option with this fool running the show.

That's basically his little troll choice :")

When I see the sales of the game, I can't see how it was the right move. Also everyone in their sane mind knows Ed Boon is trolling people with MKXL on PC. The GGPO bit should be pretty much telling.

That's basically his little troll choice :")
Oh I'm very much aware. Warner Bros can suck it, and Boon especially for leading folks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom