• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think Sonicomi has
-japanese voices
-english voice track, which is a single VA, who isn't doing a good job

....voices or a single voice
why

Pachimari

Solution:
I think that's the one where you have to make the left block stick to the top and the right one stay on the bottom. Activate the magnet and use gravity in short bursts, so the left one gets stuck but the right doesn't.

Hmm, I tried that as well. I'll try again.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Somehow it still surprised me that they had an F- with the BBB.

Ah, the Better Business Bureau, where this:

I have a Steam issues. It's very dispute. There is some stupid moderators who were acting as corruption. They are disrespectful to their customers including banning peoples and blocking peoples for no reasons. Especially corrupt moderator name is ******. I will boycott Valve if they trying to ban me for no reasons. Also planning to sue Valve for stupid reasons. If I got permanently banned by Valve, I will sue for refund. If not, I will boycott Valve. Remember when Valve got boycotted since Left 4 Dead 2 game? **** ****** apologies to customers. Also **** ****** apologies to customer for banning controversial game called Hatred. Same goes to EA did such as Origin. Also what the about Half-Life 3? Is it in development? I would like to know. Also some bots and hackers were invading on Steam as DDoS attacks. Remember Valve, try to respect your customers and fans. Keep the Steam be better. I sent the ticket on Valve's Steam Support website about issue and dispute. Fix this disputes and issues.

is a review that contributes to your score.

Trailer and date for This Is the Police
image_this_is_the_police-32415-3568_0011.jpg
image_this_is_the_police-32415-3568_0012.jpg
image_this_is_the_police-32415-3568_0005.jpg

Mikurden

But there are plenty of games that do the Megaman style game better, that's the problem. For such an mediocre game, it puts it at the bottom of the tier when there are other options that do that better (hell, Megaman 9 and 10 exist).

Are there? Megaman 9 and 10 were a while ago -- it doesn't seem like there are tons of options when it comes to Megaman-style games. The only others that come to mind that may fit the bill are ARES, Rex Rocket, and Megabyte Punch.

Amzin

I had an issue with a company I bought something from a few years ago, to the point where I wanted to get the BBB involved. It took me like 10 minutes of reading about the BBB to throw that idea out the window and realize they were probably worse than the company I was complaining about.

20XX looks the best of the Mega like games.
If this turns into a F2P...well, really a nice way to reward users who bought it during the sale.
Maybe they will receive a skin or something like that and that's it.
F2P would be cool. It'd reward purchasers with opponents. How much did it sell for in the sale? I literally didn't hear its name once. There's no way I'd buy it, but I'd try it.

Lomax

Someone should tweet the SteamSpy guy and ask him for:

Year on year user number increase (remember when Steam users always doubled every year?)

Comparison of sales percentages based only on games that were in both sales

Comparison of sales percentages for the top 50 selling games both sales

Comparison of sales prices for the top 50 selling games both sales

Then we'd have some more apples to apples comparisons rather than just supposition.

It surprises me that only a million people took a free copy of Limbo, but then I don't think it was that heavily advertised.

Someone should tweet the SteamSpy guy and ask him for:

Year on year user number increase (remember when Steam users always doubled every year?)

Comparison of sales percentages based only on games that were in both sales

Comparison of sales percentages for the top 50 selling games both sales

Comparison of sales prices for the top 50 selling games both sales

Then we'd have some more apples to apples comparisons rather than just supposition.

It surprises me that only a million people took a free copy of Limbo, but then I don't think it was that heavily advertised.
You can ask him, GAF user gonklyn I think, tag Actual Russian spy.

Tomasety

Evolve & DLC removed from sale Steam store. F2P or relaunch coming?

At this point I will say it must be related to Title Update 9 hence the coundown on their site.

They removed monster's and hunter's dlcs. Both classes are expected to see a major revision in TU9.

So, yeah, a complete edition must be announced soon.

I still think that Evolve is destined to adopt the F2P model.

Pachimari

I hate Limbo. I'm stuck for the 6th time. On top of a rooftop, I can't go to the left, so I go to the right. I start sliding down the rooftop into my certain death. Hardest game I have played this year.

Lomax

I hate Limbo. I'm stuck for the 6th time. On top of a rooftop, I can't go to the left, so I go to the right. I start sliding down the rooftop into my certain death. Hardest game I have played this year.

Everything after the spider is poorly designed garbage. It's not a good platformer, it's not a good puzzle game, it's just stylish.

Nillansan

I agree with Speevy. The game seems soulless to me. Only a glorified boss rush. I'm ok with games based on my skill, I completed MGR on Revengeance getting all S, played recently Forbidden Siren getting all collectibles, souls game etc...but here I think I'm losing for the wrong reason. First there's input lag when you dash with X, but apparently not when you do that with L1 (I still need to try that). Second often you lose because you can't see what's happening (in the second boss there are spawning walls which hide the visual).
Third, I think bosses have too much health: I mean, I need to deplete their energy seven times or so, and other seven times in cqc...why? I find it stupid the fact you can get trophies if you select Easy, not even one. Do you want to make an hard game? Ok, put some trophies related to a specific difficulty setting (like "beat the game on Furi difficulty") and call the day. It's like the game is penalizing you because you want to have an "easier" experience. I don't mind about trophies, but I find irritating the fact the easier playthrough counts nothing at all.
Also the plot is very meh at the moment, and on PS4 the game is very bad optimized, the console overheat a lot, not even when playing Uncharted 4 acts like that.
The 25€ price tag doesn't help too, I think.

Thank you for the write-up. I chose to buy the PC version, the game just looks so damn appealing, I am going to give it a spin soon. Hopefully I will enjoy it and hopefully it will be well optimised on PC and thereby feel more responsive input-wise, but to be honest your impressions don't exactly instill much confidence in me.

Mikurden

20XX looks the best of the Mega like games.
Thanks, guess I missed this one, although the roguelike part causes me to raise an eyebrow, but I guess it works. Gotta love the top review:

Play this if you're tired of waiting for Mighy No. 9.
EDIT: Mighty No. 9 is here now.
Play this instead.

donny2112

Along the same lines as others, would expect this to be mostly due to new Steam sale participants than veterans. Not a bad thing, though. You want new blood in. Just would be nice to bring back more of the meta-gaming and short-time sales for the veterans to have more fun with. 😉

Where do I start with Devastation?

Jesus. Everything goes batshit insane in the first 5 minutes. Platinum went all out on me and tried to destroy me and I haven't even got ahold of the mechanics.

Where do I start with Devastation?

Jesus. Everything goes batshit insane in the first 5 minutes. Platinum went all out on me and tried to destroy me and I haven't even got ahold of the mechanics.

Master the vehicle attack and in general, dodging into your vehicle mode. Once you get going (you'll see fire come out the back of your character, I believe), you press an attack button to do a sweet charge combo that will break shields.

Always take the transformation attack when the opportunity presents itself, when you flash at the end of a combo. Usually staggers, often knocks enemies away if they're ganging up on you. Learn to take potshots with your guns--when you press the aim button, you'll automatically line up with an enemy. Just do a snap aim > shoot transition and come out of aim, don't try to keep aiming the shot.

Oh, and run with Optimus for your first playthrough. He's the most standard.

Master the vehicle attack and in general, dodging into your vehicle mode. Once you get going (you'll see fire come out the back of your character, I believe), you press an attack button to do a sweet charge combo that will break shields.

Always take the transformation attack when the opportunity presents itself, when you flash at the end of a combo. Usually staggers.

Oh, and run with Optimus for your first playthrough. He's the most standard.

I'm doing well, but I didn't expect Platinum to go all out on the first level. Feels exciting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mystery -- MB-C09165C22DF5B8C9 - Taken by chronomac
You're on your own.

Pachimari

And I completed Limbo!

That's 3 games done so far this year: The Order 1886, Firewatch and Limbo.

Gonna continue my playthrough of Wolfenstein: The New Order (it's damn good) and Mafia 1.

Lain

there are several reasons why we buy less. I shall list mine, which I assume most of you share some if not all of them:

- ridiculous backlog

- the rise of bundles made buying smaller indie games less appealing unless you are going to play them right now. The phrase "it will be bundled eventually" is more and more real.

- speaking of bundles, the humble monthly made this even "worse" as this one in particular tends to have high profile indie games like sattelite reign or kentucky route zero this month for example. And with a mystery game policy, you want to buy these games even less (again, unless you are going to play them imediatly) because humble monthly might have it and you already paid your sub

- the "what am I doing with my life" 3k games collection (or whatever number made this "click" with you). What once was a fun acitvity in itself, buying games, for me reached a breaking point when I broke 3 thousand games more or less. This is tied to the backlog reason but it goes deeper than that because you realise youll never play all this shit...ever.

- less money overall, which may or not affect you (hopefully not), especially for us in countries with declining economies and problems, or hell, its been a few years, maybe now you have kids and you cant spend as much, or whatever reason.

I spent about 60€ this sale, mostly on games I knew I was going to play now or wouldnt be bundled (Ghost 1.0 which I played and finished, and One Piece which im playing now for example). In fact I initially got a 100€ gift card which I intended to spent, but ended up saving 60€ (I already had about 20€ leftover from before) for No Man's Sky if it turns out good, or for whatever other triple A game I might want day 1, instead of buying 15 more games I probably wouldnt play anytime soon just because they were cheap (as I did in previous sales)

I actually think the sale itself wasnt even bad, several discounts were quite good and better than the xmas sale, its just I have changed as a steam consumer and thats ok.

Bundles and economic problems, as well as changing mindset and big libraries do make it so a person will buy less. It applies to me too.
Still, I think this sale as well as the past one were disappointing and going forward they'll probably keep being so for me.

I spent a fair amount on this sale and bought games I wanted to play right away along games that were in the dirty cheap so why not category but I also looked at games that I expected to see with a good discount (matching/exceeding past discounts) and saw disappointing offers for them. DLCs I wanted to get weren't discounted at all while the main game was.
No dailies, no flash sales, no meta game. No excitement.
Add the 3 queues for cards, being locked out of the marketplace to sell cards as a non-smartphone person, trading cards with friends being a giant pita and at the end of it I just feel like not only was the sale unexciting for me, the whole Steam experience has become... a disappointment.

What was the high point of the summer sale this year, that Mordor and Lego price mistakes?
When I go and do the sum, I can only say that, from my point of view, the sale was bad. Not because I don't have games to buy (my wishlist went up and not down by the end of the sale, sitting at 1361 -a little less after buying the majestic bundle 10 minutes ago-) but because the whole sale experience feels less involved, less interesting, less exciting and more of the same.

Nzyme32

I have just read on the Steam forum that INSIDE is using Denuvo DRM based on this url:
https://support.codefusion.technology/inside/

I have never had a game used Denuvo before. Is it any bad for performance on older rigs (say, with 8GB of RAM)?

Never had a problem with any denuvo game. As an extreme of performance testing - I was way below the minimum spec of MGSV which also uses denuvo. It was a 2.3ghz dual core, 4gb ram, nvidia gt525m 1gb laptop. Was able to play it at a solid 30fps all the way through without issues.

Anno

Man, the Steam pages for Company of Heroes 2 are a disaster. Without ES I think I'd honestly have a hard time telling what I did and didn't own and what that really gave me in the end. I'm not one to be mad at lots of DLC, this just seems like a mess in terms of how it's presented.

Mikurden

Okay, this is starting to really bug me and my searches have been unfulfilling. I'm pretty sure I read about a side-scrolling action game where you're infiltrating an AI or alien base or ship and the interesting gimmick is that you can hack its systems to temporarily shut down parts of its defense grid to make your life easier for awhile and in the meantime it reacts to try to compensate for the way that you've crippled it until it's able to repair the damage. I'm probably getting some details wrong but nothing I could find really mentioned anything quite like this in its description. Anyone?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, the Steam pages for Company of Heroes 2 are a disaster. Without ES I think I'd honestly have a hard time telling what I did and didn't own and what that really gave me in the end. I'm not one to be mad at lots of DLC, this just seems like a mess in terms of how it's presented.

Oh, most certainly. Valve needs to adjust things such that any app that is DLC for a parent app is, well, listed as such on the base game's store page. That DLC apps need to be manually listed is bizarre and, frankly, asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom