• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Okay, this is starting to really bug me and my searches have been unfulfilling. I'm pretty sure I read about a side-scrolling action game where you're infiltrating an AI or alien base or ship and the interesting gimmick is that you can hack its systems to temporarily shut down parts of its defense grid to make your life easier for awhile and in the meantime it reacts to try to compensate for the way that you've crippled it until it's able to repair the damage. I'm probably getting some details wrong but nothing I could find really mentioned anything quite like this in its description. Anyone?

Ghost 1.0?

rtcn63

JaseC, you seen the original American Gothic? Definite Twin Peaks influence, although more serious and direct with its narrative.

Kagemusha

Okay, this is starting to really bug me and my searches have been unfulfilling. I'm pretty sure I read about a side-scrolling action game where you're infiltrating an AI or alien base or ship and the interesting gimmick is that you can hack its systems to temporarily shut down parts of its defense grid to make your life easier for awhile and in the meantime it reacts to try to compensate for the way that you've crippled it until it's able to repair the damage. I'm probably getting some details wrong but nothing I could find really mentioned anything quite like this in its description. Anyone?
CRYPTARK

I played this for a few minutes, enjoyed it.

I have just read on the Steam forum that INSIDE is using Denuvo DRM based on this url:
https://support.codefusion.technology/inside/

I have never had a game used Denuvo before. Is it any bad for performance on older rigs (say, with 8GB of RAM)?

Wouldn't buy it myself if it has Denuvo.I'm just not comfortable that another third party needs to grant me access to my purchase, and that being a third party that does it's utmost to confuse people on how it actually works.

Wok

Never had a problem with any denuvo game. As an extreme of performance testing - I was way below the minimum spec of MGSV which also uses denuvo. It was a 2.3ghz dual core, 4gb ram, nvidia gt525m 1gb laptop. Was able to play it at a solid 30fps all the way through without issues.

I did not know Phantom Pain had it. It ran perfectly fine here. I guess there should be no problem regarding performance.

Tizoc

Are there? Megaman 9 and 10 were a while ago -- it doesn't seem like there are tons of options when it comes to Megaman-style games. The only others that come to mind that may fit the bill are ARES, Rex Rocket, and Megabyte Punch.
Legend of dark witch is megaman-like altho stages are quite easy save for 2 and the final stage

Pachimari

I'm pretty excited about Inside tomorrow, and I know nothing about it. That's the exciting part. So many great games on PC at the moment, I'm enjoying myself a lot.

ampere

I've got some Steam games that have been rotting in my inventory. Not going to use Modbot because I have to add people to my friend's list and gift them manually since they aren't keys.

Just quote this post and say what you want, no more than 1 item per person, except in the case of HL2 and episode 1 if you don't have either

Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Super Hexagon

Terraria (2 copies available) [1 left]

Mikurden

CRYPTARK
I played this for a few minutes, enjoyed it.

The description for Ghost 1.0 had me feeling an increasing sense of relief, but then it was over and they didn't really say much about what to me was the standout feature of whatever game I was looking at however long ago. I already had this one wishlisted, but I'd bump it to my super-wishlist if there were such a thing.

CRYPTARK seems like a better match, and I guess this must be it, unless there's some other game with a very similar concept, but I didn't quite get the 100% "That's it!" rush of familiarity from looking at it. In any case, it looks really cool, so that's a +1 for the wishlist.

Legend of dark witch is megaman-like altho stages are quite easy save for 2 and the final stage

Yeah, I forgot about those. There's also METAGAL and of course Mighty Gunvolt and the other half of that crossover. Still, it's not exactly one of those (sub)genres that we're drowning in.

Thanks, all!

dimmer

I've got some Steam games that have been rotting in my inventory. Not going to use Modbot because I have to add people to my friend's list and gift them manually since they aren't keys.

Just quote this post and say what you want, no more than 1 item per person, except in the case of HL2 and episode 1 if you don't have either

Half-Life 2
Super Hexagon
Terraria (2 copies available)

Super Hexagon!

Mikurden

Half-Life 2
Super Hexagon
HL2 and episode 1?

rtcn63

Half-Life 2
Super Hexagon

Terraria pls sir

Kagemusha

The description for Ghost 1.0 had me feeling an increasing sense of relief, but then it was over and they didn't really say much about what to me was the standout feature of whatever game I was looking at however long ago. I already had this one wishlisted, but I'd bump it to my super-wishlist if there were such a thing.

CRYPTARK seems like a better match, and I guess this must be it, unless there's some other game with a very similar concept, but I didn't quite get the 100% "That's it!" rush of familiarity from looking at it. In any case, it looks really cool, so that's a +1 for the wishlist.

Yeah, I forgot about those. There's also METAGAL and of course Mighty Gunvolt and the other half of that crossover. Still, it's not exactly one of those (sub)genres that we're drowning in.

Thanks, all!

Duskers? Lol, so many games. Also, Deadnaut

Soulflarz

Banned
sonicomi broke me when Danny Choo got mentioned and Mirai Suenaga casually walked in.

O-okay then
I did not expect this in any game, I just know these names from twitter.

Wok

You know 8 GB is from an ancient time when the new Cyan Worlds game requires 8 GB minimum, and recommends 16 GB of RAM.

pK4xPR0.png

If you go and read the results of their benchmarks, the recommended specs should really be the minimum specs. With minimum specs, I am not even sure you can run 720p without stuttering.

• The 8 gig minimum RAM is a pretty hard line with this title.
  • To be upfront and honest, the game runs about 15% faster on nvidia cards than the equivalent AMD card. The nvidia cards also seem to deliver a bit smoother experience as well. There’s nothing wrong at all on the AMD side however and both companies really do offer the same visual quality.
  • The one gig of video memory limitation is honestly aiming a bit low as well. The game at it’s lowest settings can stay within this, but you’re looking at a pretty poor visual quality. Turning the graphics up past the lowest point, you’re going to start seeing a large amount of stuttering and hitching as the game has to swap between video memory and system memory. A 2 or 3 gig card helps, but the 4 gig of the recommended specs is highly recommended. If you’re picking up a new card for the game, try to aim for at least 4 gig of video ram.
  • Outside of a video card, upgrading your drive to a solid-state drive if you haven’t yet will make a huge impact in how smooth of an experience you’ll have with the game, along with being a very nice and very noticeable upgrade for your machine in general.

Mikurden

Duskers? Lol, so many games. Also, Deadnaut
I know, at a certain point even your wishlist and/or library become difficult to wade through to find things that may have piqued your interest at some point. These games look interesting too, but I'm pretty sure it was a side-scroller. Not sure if it was more like Mega Man, Metroid, or simply Contra, but I think I remember that you were hacking some of the defenses, not destroying them, and it therefore provided temporary relief. Like maybe you had to make the decision to either face the full defenses and make a direct run to the goal or first go off on a sidetrack with its own hazards to reach a hackable node if you thought it was worth it or got tired of failing at the direct assault. Again, I may be getting the details wrong and maybe CRYPTARK was it, but if you have more suggestions, I'm all ears!

Wok

I know, at a certain point even your wishlist and/or library become difficult to wade through to find things that may have piqued your interest at some point. These games look interesting too, but I'm pretty sure it was a side-scroller. Not sure if it was more like Mega Man, Metroid, or simply Contra, but I think I remember that you were hacking some of the defenses, not destroying them, and it therefore provided temporary relief. Like maybe you had to make the decision to either face the full defenses and make a direct run to the goal or first go off on a sidetrack with its own hazards to reach a hackable node if you thought it was worth it or got tired of failing at the direct assault. Again, I may be getting the details wrong and maybe CRYPTARK was it, but if you have more suggestions, I'm all ears!

I wanted to answer your question but I thought people had already found out.

What about Dex?

Edit: Actually, it really sounds some crude understanding of Ghost 1.0's mechanics.

Ludens

Banned
You know 8 GB is from an ancient time when the new Cyan Worlds game requires 8 GB minimum, and recommends 16 GB of RAM.

pK4xPR0.png

If you go and read the results of their benchmarks, the recommended specs should really be the minimum specs. With minimum specs, I am not even sure you can run 720p without stuttering.
We were discussing this with Ozium, dunno what will happen with Obduction, but we need to consider the fact the game can be unoptimized...RealMyst Masterpiece was a mess on launch, and Cyan took several months to make it playable. We'll see.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bewildering how the steam phone app still doesn't have a confirm all button, for fucks sake

Finally actually have some cash to finally update my GPU (R9 270) and all I am getting told is too just wait ;_;. I just want better than a 2GB GPU.

"Wait for non-reference RX 480s!" That will all be sold out the moment they go up. Ugh.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue where playing San Andreas on a dual shock is disabling the right thumb stick camera movement, and instead putting it on the touch pad. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Finally actually have some cash to finally update my GPU (R9 270) and all I am getting told is too just wait ;_;. I just want better than a 2GB GPU.

"Wait for non-reference RX 480s!" That will all be sold out the moment they go up. Ugh.

There's cheap 8GB cards in BST. I mentioned it a couple days ago and didn't get any traction.

The problem is, that the GPU market in the last few years is shit. NVidia and AMD announce their GPUs for cheap as hell, but you cant even buy them for the original price, because the websites who sell them usually sells them higher.

KainXVIII

pK4xPR0.png

Well, its UE4, strange..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom