• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
LOL

I always wondered if the blatant alt accounts after bans thought mods wouldnt notice it, thanks for confirming that they obviously do

It makes sense the mods would know when people are re-registering from the same IP/email address. That info has to be stored somewhere, even if it isn't surfaced directly just throwing up a flag that says: "hey this account is probably an alt" shouldn't be too hard to engineer.

I don't really know how to do this, since Modbot only works unredeemed codes. I have an extra Xcom Enemy Unknown and Amnesia The Dark Descent in my inventory if anyone wants them?

Also can you do trades through the mobile app? My home internet is so poor I can't actually access my inventory from the wifi.
You can send steam inventory items through ModBot. Send the key to yourself, copy the link you get sent and delete the ? And everything after. Put that into ModBot as you would a key.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It makes sense the mods would know when people are re-registering from the same IP/email address. That info has to be stored somewhere, even if it isn't surfaced directly just throwing up a flag that says: "hey this account is probably an alt" shouldn't be too hard to engineer.

I mean from different IPs but you can still totally tell who it is from the way they post

Eila

Zezenia Online is a growing free-to-play 2D MMORPG, inspired heavily by the MMORPG Tibia. Zezenia Online features a large map of 4 continents with hundreds of spells, monsters and quests to explore. There are 3 main classes, and you can ascend your character to one of the 7 available subclasses at a later stage in the game.
Heavily inspired by Tibia is an understatement.
ss_435bc48609633df1a4644030ba9470ded2ae02f8.1920x1080.jpg
Tibia itself started as an UO clone with stolen Ultima assets so this makes it ok I guess?

Fitts

I refunded Wreckfest that I bought in the Summer Sale. I think there's a good game in there somewhere, but it's clear that they have a lot of work to do and there were a few design choices that turned me off. The damage indicators were there just like Destruction Derby, but for some reason they also decided to give the car a general health bar. It just doesn't make sense. I also really didn't like what they were doing with having a team/mods that you had to assign to your car. It's just unnecessary and convoluted. Even with the dearth of tracks/modes/polish/online community I would've still kept it had these features not been present. I really did like the handling (sans assists) and overall speed of the game, though. I much prefer it to something like the extreme speeds of Burnout.

I'll definitely keep an eye on its development and hope for the best.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I took the opportunity to get in early on the Fruit Ninja VR Steam discussions to port beg Raskulls, a really truly outstanding XBLA title by Halfbrick that has been lost to the ages. Raskulls combines the racing mode from Kirby Super Star, Mr. Dig/Do, Battleblock Theatre, Tetris, and a whole lot more. It's absolutely loaded with content including an enormous campaign and a ton of multiplayer race levels. The characters are great. It's really, honestly an A+ title that never got the community it deserved on XBLA.

There is a 0% chance they'll port it since I think everyone involved with the game has since moved on and the company has been through a lot of staff changes (when NeoGAF member Rlan worked there I would send him a PM every 6 months or so to remind him I wanted a Raskulls port, but he's not with them anymore unfortunately) and pivoted their business model towards software as a service rather than traditional games.

But I just wanted to make the case very briefly and be satisfied knowing that some junior social media producer or whatever at the company briefly saw my post and thought "Raskulls? What the hell is that. LOL I've only been working here 6 weeks. Fruit Ninja VR is a best of breed experience. Okay I'm taking a job with a real estate company now." and hopefully during that train of thought passed the message along to someone who worked on the game or could make a decision:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/486780/discussions/0/358417008718588204/

well i beat oxenfree... idk what to think of that ending. Game was more like one of those telltale games, i thought there would be some actual puzzles in it and stuff. Whatever though, i liked the game, the atmosphere was really creepy, there were times when i was legit scared of what was about to happen. I think I mentioned it before but i enjoyed the voice acting, a lot better than most AAA games, especially jrpgs. The actor's spoke with emotion and even though you couldn't see their faces you could imagine their emotion just from the tone of their voices.

Also, everyone had a hilarious walk/run animation, especially clarissa, it looks sooo awkward lol.

Volimar

Heavily inspired by Tibia is an understatement.

Tibia itself started as an UO clone with stolen Ultima assets so this makes it ok I guess?

Fun fact. I was a GM on Tibia for a while. It was a very eye opening experience having frank discussions with developers.

Pachimari

From the OT:

Just started this up 30 minutes ago, and it has already played with a wide range of emotions. Everything from the cute chickens, to the hilarious use of them in the machine, to the creepiness of the kid mind controlling the other people, to the horrific events of some strangers shooting you as a minor. The artstyle is amazing, and so is the lighting, but the animations are the most impressive and really makes the boy come alive, almost as a Fumito Ueda-creation. Sound design is spot on, from the raindrops in the corn field to the wet metal you're walking. Sneaking seems interesting, and the intensity with the dog swimming for you or the horde running after you to the last moment. I feel like I am about to experience something very unique.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I took the opportunity to get in early on the Fruit Ninja VR Steam discussions to port beg Raskulls, a really truly outstanding XBLA title by Halfbrick that has been lost to the ages. Raskulls combines the racing mode from Kirby Super Star, Mr. Dig, Battleblock Theatre, Tetris, and a whole lot more. It's absolutely loaded with content including an enormous campaign and a ton of multiplayer race levels. The characters are great. It's really, honestly an A+ title that never got the community it deserved on XBLA.

There is a 0% chance they'll port it since I think everyone involved with the game has since moved on and the company has been through a lot of staff changes (when NeoGAF member Rlan worked there I would send him a PM every 6 months or so to remind him I wanted a Raskulls port, but he's not with them anymore unfortunately) and pivoted their business model towards software as a service rather than traditional games.

But I just wanted to make the case very briefly and be satisfied knowing that some junior social media producer or whatever at the company briefly saw my post and thought "Raskulls? What the hell is that. LOL I've only been working here 6 weeks. Fruit Ninja VR is a best of breed experience. Okay I'm taking a job with a real estate company now." and hopefully during that train of thought passed the message along to someone who worked on the game or could make a decision:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/486780/discussions/0/358417008718588204/

Your message was sent successfully. Please note that we're on Australian time (GMT+10) and our business hours are 9am-6pm, Mon-Fri.

I stressed the fact that, as an X360 XBL game, it's on borrowed time, so with any luck I won't be ignored. But I'll probably be ignored.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
anybody here tried playing Trails SC via in home streaming?

I can't get it to work with my Steam Link and that makes me super sad :(

after clicking play it just sits there for a second and nothing happens, seems like it directly closes the game after starting it

SC runs without a problem directly on the PC, but no dice via streaming, help! I finally want to finish it... but on my couch!

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gemini: Heroes Reborn (German Game Key) -- MB-0C1716BC1E52A62E - Taken by ExoSoul

:3

Nabs

anybody here tried playing Trails SC via in home streaming?

I can't get it to work with my Steam Link and that makes me super sad :(

after clicking play it just sits there for a second and nothing happens, seems like it directly closes the game after starting it

SC runs without a problem directly on the PC, but no dice via streaming, help! I finally want to finish it... but on my couch!

Try by launching it first on your desktop, then go and start up the Steam Link and hit Play while it's still running. That's how I got around the problem in FC.

Eila

Fun fact. I was a GM on Tibia for a while. It was a very eye opening experience having frank discussions with developers.

The real Tibia? That's pretty cool. I was also aiming for a high position but never got over Senior Tutor, lol. My english wasn't too good then.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wooden Floor 1 -- MB-C1DCFF9AE788F732 - Taken by Kuroyume

:3

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Try by launching it first on your desktop, then go and start up the Steam Link and hit Play while it's still running. That's how I got around the problem in FC.

thanks for the tip!

time for bed now but I try it tomorrow :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Inside is really good... some very smart and tricky puzzles. It's like Limbo but better in every way, with a more realized and interesting world. Too bad the game doesn't recognize the 360 pad with Steam Link. Just bought one and was looking forward to playing it with the Link.

There also seems to be a widespread problem with the game not showing up on people's profiles and activity feed, hoping that's fixed soon

You guys really don't want to know how much money I just spent in the last hour in order to make you your entertainment.

People should start a thread telling me how they can do it in a weekend.

oipic

Cool. Might try singleplayer.

Evolve has a singleplayer thing? Is it a 'multiplayer' thing but against bots? If so, I might check it out for curiosity's sake.

Eh, not interested in the PvP combat but I might give it a try just to get a feel for the controls and visuals.

Yeah, the dogfighting aspect of Elite Dangerous interests me less than the rest of it (the space trucking and whatnot), but I'd not taken the plunge on it yet due to suspicions that using a 360 controller (and my rapidly-ageing PC) might not do it justice or something...but this is a good chance to jump in and get a feel for it.

Ozium

I wonder when sites like RPS or PC Gamer will have Obduction.. I really wanna see some info about that game in regards to performance.

r3n4ud

Bundle stuffs
ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Cally's Trials -- MB-14B86217A1C226FD - Taken by Shantom
Chariot -- MB-BC0600D421177C59 - Taken by Ventara
Pumped BMX Plus -- MB-06BA5B505A4416FF - Taken by Nabs
On My Own -- MB-6F90993F7A5CB8AE - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Porcunipine -- MB-1BB14644F1713ABE - Taken by ExoSoul
Shake Your Money Simulator 2016 -- MB-A23486DC4F75F395 - Taken by Kuroyume
Steam and Metal -- MB-67E231444BA217DF - Taken by rainking187
Zenge -- MB-FFD8D74C000A609E - Taken by Kifimbo

Dang, the Construct in Ys Origin was seemingly impossible the first several times. Really glad I managed to destroy him just now. Bosses are the highlights in this game.

Dang, the Construct in Ys Origin was seemingly impossible the first several times. Really glad I managed to destroy him just now. Bosses are the highlights in this game.

The hidden upgrades are almost meant to be found. I remember one boss I was doing 2 damage per hit and it was damn near impossible. Then I went back, found the upgrade, and I was doing 20 damage per hit. It was much more manageable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Inside is really good... some very smart and tricky puzzles. It's like Limbo but better in every way, with a more realized and interesting world. Too bad the game doesn't recognize the 360 pad with Steam Link. Just bought one and was looking forward to playing it with the Link.

There also seems to be a widespread problem with the game not showing up on people's profiles and activity feed, hoping that's fixed soon

After completion I think I prefer Limbo over Inside. The puzzles are definitely easier. Still an excellent game and definitely a cool experience. I hope they don't take another six years to make the next game though.

Evolve is pretty fun but seems a bit buggy. During my first game, the audio went out and it forced me into window mode for some reason and then during the 2nd game, my computer froze up and I had to restart.

Alos, unless I'm missing something, it seems they took out the single player campaign, which was basically just play with bots. But just in case anyone was planning on downloading the 20 gigs for that, it's not there anymore.

KingKong

Really, I disagree.

Inside has a really strong first impression but that lasts maybe 20 minutes. I'm not sure how far I am (
still in the sub but been in it for a while
), and maybe the ending will be so amazing that it will blow me away, but so far this is a slightly better version of Limbo,

I think the biggest problem is that its boring. It starts out great, it looks amazing, you feel like you're on the hunt and the physical interaction is incredibly immersive but then you quickly find yourself in drab rooms solving really simple physics puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom