• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You guys need to follow my fool-proof plan for ads on NeoGAF:

1) visit http://comettv.com a few times.
2) enjoy the inoffensive ads telling you about all the dope shit the channel shows.

Ventara

So, 1 hour until the "legendary" Bundlestars bundle, right? It better deliver.

It looks like this on my app

5zf2rb1.png

Oh, figures they'd do this AFTER I sell 1000+ cards. Anyways, good update.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Neverending Nightmares -- MB-7CFD47F5A008FC02 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Reloaded -- MB-1AF4200561DCD97E - Taken by derExperte

I'm looking at the site. I only see the banner that says "something legendary is coming," so I guess not. But it has to be, right? They're not gonna hype up a site update or a single-game sale.

I'm just keeping expectations in check. They could be announcing a new partner and have several bundles from them. Or they might start publishing. Exclusive streaming rights to How I met your mother?

"Get ready for a very special Steam bundle, coming to Bundle Stars on July 13th…"

They already do bundles with all sorts of themes (Bundles for different genres, settings, game series etc at a variety of prices) so i'm expecting this to be either something with a lot more in it than normal, or a certain developer who hasn't been included in anything yet.

derExperte

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Get Over Here -- MB-436C445D7B63BC7E - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Spellsworn -- MB-5D4F38AA5EA0FABD - Taken by chronomac
Coffin Dodgers -- MB-173C1BE26574C0EA - Taken by Mackenzie 92

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Now I'm expecting an 80s sitcom "Very Special Episode" bundle. There's no way I won't be disappointed now :(
The bundle will include:

Caffeine Pills
Tampons
And the child abuse prevention hotline number.

Ventara

This is off-topic, but I figure here is a decent place to ask.

I'm looking for a US friend to help me buy and ship some games here to Canada. Shipping to Canada from some places is pretty expensive, so I've been thinking of finding a solution to this. It basically involves you buying some games for me and holding on to them, and once there's a group of them, ship them in a box for maximum cost efficiency. I'll Paypal Gift you the money in advance. The sites I'm looking to buy from include Ebay, LRG (company that makes physical Vita copies) and Amazon. Some items are limited and sell out quick, so if you're the type who's online often, the better. I'll let you know in advance as much as possible what to buy Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm only looking for members with long, good-standing in the community.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Wok

I have some free time these days, so I try some games in my backlog.

Cornerstone was a game I helped kickstart for $10 when I was more naive.

lsJkpN9.png

The project was ambitious, way too ambitious. In fact, the game could have been released at the same time as Croc, at the very beginning of 3D games: everything is flat, textures are not bump-mapped, the game consists of fetching quests, and the dialogue are shot in an amateurish way (step 1: line of dialogue, step 2: change of camera view to focus on another character, step 3: this character is going to talk, step 4: go to step 1).

I was enjoying more the few hours I have spent on this iOS port called Oceanhorn, which copies Wind Waker in all possible ways, but with less charm.

Good surprises so far:
  • Badland, which is once again an iOS port, too dark (visually), with funny mechanics, and way too many levels,
  • Stick it to the Man: a point-and-click puzzle game, very dark (regarding the dialogue), with very cynical views of people, hypocrisy, faux-semblants, etc., with lots of polish for a small game.

chronomac

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but I just opened the iOS app for Steam and I'm now able to confirm multiple sales at once. I checked a few items and then hit "Confirm selected." Super welcome change.

ZPm

$5 says it's all WB games (LEGO, Batman, Mordor).

they've had a Mordor + DLC bundle for many months now and are currently doing a WB sale with Batman, LEGO, etc so I doubt it's any of those

seems like Bethesda games are getting a lot of sales today (at least on Imperial Games)...so maybe it's a Bethesda Bundle of some kind

Nabs

The bundle will include:

Caffeine Pills
Tampons
And the child abuse prevention hotline number.

I want HD remasters of some 70-80s classics. Sam's Missing, Getting Stuck in a Fridge, Creepy Uncle, Creepy Photographer, Creep Counselor, and definitely a runaway/homeless kid episode. Then I want a few HD Remakes of those 90s ones (Saved by the Bell, Fresh Prince, Full House).

edit: that might cost more than 3 dollars, though. Humble needs to get on that.

I want HD remasters of some 70-80s classics. Sam's Missing, Getting Stuck in a Fridge, Creepy Uncle, Creepy Photographer, Creep Counselor, and definitely a runaway/homeless kid episode. Then I want a few HD Remakes of those 90s ones (Saved by the Bell, Fresh Prince, Full House).

We need a remaster of that Nancy Reagan "don't do drugs" episode. It's a historical artifact.

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge store page is up. Releases July 27. Presumably $10.

Probably alone on this, but fuck it, original Mutant Mudds is one of the best platformers on Steam.

Game.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey To The Center Of The Earth -- MB-450322385A32C3D6 - Taken by Hakkelus. 3 entrants total.

t1468429613z1.png

Wok

By the way, if you want to spend $2 on a weird point-and-click, I recommend that you try Mr. Pumpkin Adventure: http://store.steampowered.com/app/491220/

It is done by Chinese students, has really nice visuals which got them a nomination at IGF, and a weird story about a guy with a pumpkin head. Worth more than a lot of bundles sold for about the same price.

Lomax

I predict disappointment with the BundleStars bundle, not because of content, but because of price. I could see them doing a bundle of WB games like people have said, and the price being around $20. They've done expensive bundles in the past.

jonno394

Just seen the "Legendary" bundle, nothing in it for me.

Things like Skull Girls, Sir, You are being Hunted, Reus, Another World....

Knurek

I predict disappointment with the BundleStars bundle, not because of content, but because of price. I could see them doing a bundle of WB games like people have said, and the price being around $20. They've done expensive bundles in the past.

Content as well.
I mean... All this build up for this?

Nabs

That's a really good bundle. I own everything in it, but it's still super solid.

You're playing yourself if you haven't played Lethal League.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Party Hard woot. Almost bought it in the sale, once again proving that EVERTHING GETS BUNDLED

edit: except I own everything else bah. Oh well

Lomax

Have we ever had a bundle get super hyped and not be a disappointment? Seriously, that's just mediocre. Most of that stuff has already been bundled multiple times. The price isn't even good.

Edit:

The incredible Indie Legends 4 Bundle includes:

Party Hard

It's 3am. Your neighbors are having a loud party. Stop them. With aliens, sharknadoes, SWAT, killer bears and more, take out everyone in unique ways and don't get caught!

Lethal League

Smash an anti-gravity ball into your mate's face with the fast-paced, competitive fighter Lethal League - Play intense local matches, challenge yourself in single-player or battle it out online!

Viscera Cleanup Detail Complete (Includes DLC)

An alien invasion has left an almighty mess throughout the facility - it's your job to clean it up! With sandbox physics gameplay and muliplayer janitoring (is that a word?), this is gonna be one messy job!

PLUS FIVE MORE SUPERB STEAM GAMES
Door Kickers
Skullgirls
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition
Reus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom