• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Site won't load. Can someone post the bundle please?

So what's in the bundle? The Bundle Stars site won't load it for me.

Can someone link the content of the bundle since Bundlestars is ko?

Pay $3.49 for:

Party Hard (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Lethal League (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Viscera Cleanup Detail Complete Pack (inc. House of Horror DLC) [on greenlight] (Windows)
Viscera Cleanup Detail (Windows)
Viscera Cleanup Detail - House of Horror DLC (Windows)
Door Kickers (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Skullgirls (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Sir, You Are Being Hunted (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Reus (Windows)
10% Coupon

I think I'm also only missing Party Hard, meh

But it is a good bundle if you don't already own most of them

Wok

For people asking for it:

8Yo0EjZ.png

While it is a very disappointing bundle due to owning most of them already and it overall being nothing that special (I'll probably still get it for the 1 game i don't have) i think it actually is the best bundle they've done; i don't remember there being this many 'high-profile' indie games in their bundles before. There's occasionally 1 or 2 fairly well known indie games but not usually like this.

Lain

Party Hard, Lethal League, Skullgirls, Door Kickers, Sir, You Are Being Hunted, Reus, Another World 20th Anniversary Edition, and Viscera Cleanup Detail Complete Pack.

A list of nice games but nothing out of this world (heh heh) or worthy of a countdown.

Eila

It's a decent bundle for sure, just too bad I own a couple of them. Own 5/8 in fact so I'm goign to have to skip despite the 3 I don't have looking decent..

Lomax

I think I'm also only missing Party Hard, meh

But it is a good bundle if you don't already own most of them

Except that constitutes no one that knows Bundlestars exists. I mean at like $2 it would have been worth it for Party Hard and Lethal League I guess. But seriously, this isn't even close to their best bundle.

Except that constitutes no one that knows Bundlestars exists. I mean at like $2 it would have been worth it for Party Hard and Lethal League I guess. But seriously, this isn't even close to their best bundle.

What would you consider their best bundle to have been?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oy vey at people saying its a average bundle. For 3.15€ what the fuck do you consider a good bundle then? The indiegala trash with literal +1s?

I'm tempted to get it just for Cleanup Detail anyway, but is that the sort of game that needs friends? I don't think i know anyone else that has it.

Amzin

It is a pretty nice bundle, but I only need Party Hard from it, so probably will wait and hope it pops up in another one.

I really only want Another World and Party Hard - but it's still a pretty good deal.

I'll give it a solid maybe

Same.

And then I realized I already had Another World... so it's a hard pass for me. I didn't get Party Hard in the Steam sale so there's no point in me paying that price now just to get dupes.

C4rter

Too bad I already have everything except Another World and Viscera Cleanup and I don't need those. But @ 3,15€ a good bundle I guess.

Here is a legendary CRPG (GOG key):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Large Professor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

a012231d00cbde6cd797b10d7341238db80f1441a621c294d459e5fd6bb47591_196.jpg

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura -- MB-834D5A90DC77FB94 - Taken by Zeeman. 10 entrants total.

t1468441158z1.png

about the 10% off voucher in the bundle...

This code can be used once per account and only works for the email address it was sent to. You cannot use the code on more Indie Legends 4 Bundles

*Discount code is valid until 11.55pm (BST) 31st July 2016. The code can be used once and it applies a 10% discount to your final basket price. Voucher may not be used in conjunction with other vouchers.

*Vouchers are not valid with Indie Legends 4 Bundle, pre-purchases, Retroism and Idea Factory products

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hardcastlemccormick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another World -- MB-C84F2B262064FFA1 - Taken by bobnowhere. 15 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-455106F5FC3C4546 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.

t1468431444z1.png

Lomax

oy vey at people saying its a average bundle. For 3.15€ what the fuck do you consider a good bundle then? The indiegala trash with literal +1s?

It isn't a "hype it for four days" bundle. There's a difference between +1s and stuff that is currently (or very recently) bundled elsewhere. Bundlestars has done bundles in the past of good games that have never been bundled.

Now if this was a bundle on the front page of Steam, that would be different. But what percentage of people who buy at bundlestars aren't already bundle buyers?

Game!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lead & Gold -- MB-07BE11056E709355 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.

t1468431812z1.png

I doubt there's a single soul playing Lead & Gold these days. Even back in its heyday it was always a TF2 clone with no community.

Definitely fun, though. In its own, weird way.

Eila

I doubt there's a single soul playing Lead & Gold these days. Even back in its heyday it was always a TF2 clone with no community.

Definitely fun, though. In its own, weird way.

It reached an all time concurrent players peak earlier today! The devs are giving away 100k copies of the game in hopes of rejuvenating it, I guess.

Oh man those Necropolis reviews. I was kinda hoping that game would be cool.
It reached an all time concurrent players peak earlier today! The devs are giving away 100k copies of the game in hopes of rejuvenating it, I guess.

Great!

This is the closest Steam is going to get to having vanilla TF2. So I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Lethal League being in that bundle reminds me that I wish it was on the main stage at EVO every year. That game gets super hype when you have two good players. Damn. I guess, I'm gonna reinstall that when I get home.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, it took me a long time to realize how you actually progress time and plot in WotS3. I ended up doing a lot of quests I didn't really have to. Progress is done by
going to those marks on the map and starting scenes. After a certain number of them, certain set plot points happen. Depending on which of them you do, you're traveling down alternate paths and unlocking different scenes.
weird

it's strange cos those things only say "inkling" and are either crossed out or not and you get an early npc that just tells you like EVERYTHING about the game in a real metal gear way of "press A to ACTION"

but yea i'm probably gonna keep going, not sure how long it is but i would like to see different sides of the story and crap

Sadly, you can't do anything about the frame rate. It's a Gamebryo engine game and physics and time are probably tied to the framerate. You can however get rid of the jaggies pretty easily with downsampling. I just used the custom desktop size method rather than Gedosato or NVIDIA inspector.
yeah i don't really have the computer to do that kind of stuff

Oh, and choosing "Leave the area" or whatever it is on the map is how you get back to the main menu screen if that's not already what you're doing.
i read this a little bit after playing

that's an INSANE system to go back to the main menu

absolutely insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom