• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great!

This is the closest Steam is going to get to having vanilla TF2. So I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.

giphy.gif

Fallout Shelter on iOS just got an update that added all the quests and stuff they mentioned at E3. I wonder if the PC release will be coming soon.

Tizoc

Okaaaaaaaaaaay
so I'm at what appears to be a primary scene in Zero Time Dilemma and this game's plot just jumped the entire shark species.

Bundle trash:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Reus -- MB-BCC4356C334FBE7F - Taken by NeoRaider
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-8D35E4AC5FF2B720 - Taken by rainking187

zkylon

zkylewd
finished max payne 2

game is fucking cool
yea it is

the parts with the costume bomb thing still haunt me to this day

that shit was so fucking creepy

Now get the kung fu mod.
but it was all right...

and then i hit my head and forgot i got over my family being dead and moped around in brazil

here's a lesson to you kid, remember to wear a helmet before you dive through a window

voodooray

Steam reacts to gambling site proliferation of in-game items:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22883/

In 2011, we added a feature to Steam that enabled users to trade in-game items as a way to make it easier for people to get the items they wanted in games featuring in-game economies.

Since then a number of gambling sites started leveraging the Steam trading system, and there’s been some false assumptions about our involvement with these sites. We’d like to clarify that we have no business relationships with any of these sites. We have never received any revenue from them. And Steam does not have a system for turning in-game items into real world currency.

These sites have basically pieced together their operations in two-part fashion. First, they are using the OpenID API as a way for users to prove ownership of their Steam accounts and items. Any other information they obtain about a user's Steam account is either manually disclosed by the user or obtained from the user’s Steam Community profile (when the user has chosen to make their profile public). Second, they create automated Steam accounts that make the same web calls as individual Steam users.

Using the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements. We are going to start sending notices to these sites requesting they cease operations through Steam, and further pursue the matter as necessary. Users should probably consider this information as they manage their in-game item inventory and trade activity.

-Erik Johnson

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam reacts to gambling site proliferation of in-game items:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22883/

Seems like a pretty typical CYA PR-statement. At least it sounds like they might start taking action against these types of sites, though to be honest the only way to shut them out of the API completely is to either a) have some sort of manual review process associated with accessing these APIs or b) shutting the APIs down all together. Hopefully they choose a.

Knurek

Seems like a pretty typical CYA PR-statement. At least it sounds like they might start taking action against these types of sites, though to be honest the only way to shut them out of the API completely is to either a) have some sort of manual review process associated with accessing these APIs or b) shutting the APIs down all together. Hopefully they choose a.

Knowing Valve, option b) incoming.

dickroach

NIDHOGGGGGG

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dickroach, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nidhogg -- MB-B4D287CCAF3C8C4B - Taken by Large Professor

Just got around checking. Well, the legendary bundle has quality games but I was hoping for something else, possibly non-bundled things I did not own and wanted.

voodooray

Really nicely done minimalist puzzle game:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/499440

Kind of difficult to explain, but you need to discover and form connecting 'circuits', and while it starts off deceptively trivially, it adds some interesting variations as you go on. Not sure how long it is, but for the price (£0.71) it's fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bethesda launcher is a thing now? Fuck.

Good thing DOOM was not affected, or else I would have not played it.

Bethesda Launcher has been around for a while. Thankfully it's only been required (so far) for the Fallout 4 creation tools, and now this. They're testing the waters, trying to get people to transition onto their own platform.

I wouldn't be surprised if "big" titles going forward from Bethesda don't start using this in the same way Ubisoft uses Uplay - available on Steam but launched through their own app.

zkylon

zkylewd
reminder that fallout shelter is a really bad game

the sound effects in it are like god tier tho

like that level up sound is addictive af

Hektor

So, uh... Skyrim Remastered is going to be Bnet (obviously not B.net) only, isn't it?

You had me and then you lost me, Bethesda.

i can't imagine how they would manage that considering that the remastered version will be free for all owners of the basegame + DLC.

But it will most pobably launch through their launcher still.

Volimar

Bethesda Launcher has been around for a while. Thankfully it's only been required (so far) for the Fallout 4 creation tools, and now this. They're testing the waters, trying to get people to transition onto their own platform.

I wouldn't be surprised if "big" titles going forward from Bethesda don't start using this in the same way Ubisoft uses Uplay - available on Steam but launched through their own app.

Also for the Elder Scrolls Legends beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom