• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelf

I never took the story in the RE series too seriously and I think you're supposed to do the same with TEW. The basic setup is kinda like that of the first RE, a game we can all agree on that it doesn't have exactly stellar writing but can still be enjoyed on the basis of how cheesy it can get.

You know how opinions are, but I'm firmly in the camp of those who think TEW is a far better game. They may actually not be that similar after all, given how I never liked RE4 that much (I far prefer the classic RE games) while I loved TEW.

I'm in the same camp. RE4 is a good but not great game to me(I also prefer the classics) but I absolutely love TEW.

The plot isn't much to speak of but as you say that's hardly different from RE.

I just can't see TEW as a better game than RE4. It just tries to do way too much and never felt as focused as RE4.
Sometimes I like games to have a focus but in TEW's case I actually like that it shifts around so much. I especially love the variety in locations.

No, it will feature this:

header.jpg

I actually want this game.

Despite the mediocre-as-fuck reviews it has gotten. Didn't they Drizzt it up, too?

Annubis

Busting ghosts earns experience that you can use to improve your character, and though the ghostbuster you play will earn the bulk of it due to the ineptitude of your AI partners, the others will earn a sizable chunk. Inexplicably though, characters that aren't under player control do not retain any of the experience they earn.

The only remedies are to play with friends you're willing to lose or — and I swear this is real — hastily activating additional controllers moments before you beat each level's boss. The other "players" will idle as you finish the fight, but at least the team will continue to improve their skills in a reasonable fashion. It's an unfathomable design decision.

Errrr...

Jawmuncher

The ghostbusters game is totally a $15 dollar game that Activision figured they could milk off fans or people seeing the movie.

AlanOC91

Does steam BPM have some horrible issue with 4k screenshots? Seems to crash steam constantly. Like insta crash, no hanging.

Mostly after a game where it says "Do you want to upload screenshots" or something like that. I highlight one and it all just collapses.

Been happening to me for about a year now,

Shouldn't it be Arrested Development?

http://i.giphy.com/l41m5gwGdtCNhk3Qc.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

That would actually be cool.

I think the thread really needs to come together so we can have a little chat on how to properly talk shit about incoming bundle disappointments. I'm concerned that we may have lost our way on proper shit talk protocol.

If needed, I can start a thread on Gaming side defending UWP so we can get ourselves comfortable with it again.

Arthea

why you guys suck so much at Swapperoo? I'm first on all leaderboards
and only! somebody kindly play it or something

derExperte

why you guys suck so much at Swapperoo? I'm first on all leaderboards
and only! somebody kindly play it or something

Will do.

Btw, the Devil Daggers leaderboard got wiped after the last patch, everyone please play it again so i can get some competition.

Flandy

Is there any way to make the Steam overlay not small when using DSR or downsampling? I know Big Picture mode works but I don't like that

Starpoint Gemini 2 is legit. I think I'm going to enjoy this game. Yet another good purchase from the summer sale.

In another news, Pokémon GO is now compatible with Intel-powered devices. I can finally play the damn game.

Anteater

what's neogaf's stance on G2A? Do I report it if I see an ad about it?

I'm asking because it kept showing up and I was tired of seeing the same ad

Amzin

Wait, whenever I try to set up a second card/sale when I have one pending confirmation in my steam app, it says I have to approve the pending one first... is there a way around that so I can list a bunch, confirm a bunch now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom