• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Finally got a new mechanical keyboard to try out.

Nothing impressive really, but I liked how it looked more professional, and less "gamer". It was also very reasonably priced (£48).

Build quality is great, and the anti-ghosting works up to 13 keys + modifiers which is fine for nearly anything I can imagine using it for. Still not sure what I think about MX Reds though. They feel so damn light.

I don't like the reds at all. I need the feedback of when the key activates. That's why I like the brown ones the most.

I currently also trying to figure out what keyboard to get and will probably go for the Lioncast LK30. Has all the functions I need and doesn't need any software or drivers to do any of it's stuff. That's a big plus for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Party Hard seems awful. Or maybe im just awful at it, but I cant figure out the "rules" at all. When I think im safe, people with randomly spot me as the killer even if im not doing anything, usually near the end of a level. This is just super frustrating and not fun

Party Hard seems awful. Or maybe im just awful at it, but I cant figure out the "rules" at all. When I think im safe, people with randomly spot me as the killer even if im not doing anything, usually near the end of a level. This is just super frustrating and not fun

After some time you'll learn and even it's a bit janky sometimes, it's less random than you might think now. Also, some of the unlockable characters are really fun to play, such as the 'fake' cop, which can plant evidence (and get innocent people arrested).

I nearly got all the achievements (aside from BS stuff such as start the game 100 times, ugh), but one was bugged: I can't get the get punched for dancing achievement.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After some time you'll learn and even it's a bit janky sometimes, it's less random than you might think now. Also, some of the unlockable characters are really fun to play, such as the 'fake' cop, which can plant evidence (and get innocent people arrested).

I nearly got all the achievements (aside from BS stuff such as start the game 100 times, ugh), but one was bugged: I can't get the get punched for dancing achievement.

considering I cant even bet the second level, clearly im missing something

Also, use the traps and know that even when you're tagged, you can easily outrun the cop most of the time.

Is it that easy to outrun a cop? Personally I find I've have to position myself correctly behind a large stage or something of that nature then just try to stay on the opposite side of it to him until he gives up. I still fail that sometimes. In a straight line though he always catches me.

I've got stuck on the level after the boat where you play as the girl. The bouncers are really annoying there.

dex3108

I won Gone Home last year from Zero-Crescent so i decided that it is time to play that game. I finished game in hour and a half and it is really nice experience but it is not 10/110 game for me. If i had to score it i would give it 7.5/10. Also i really think that 20$ was a bit high to ask for this game. All in all if you like adventure games where you go around and look for clues this is nice 2 hour game. Also for i think that Life is Strange > Gone Home (who finished both games knows why i am comparing them).

Parsnip

(What's the difference between WD Blue, Purple and Red? Safe to get the cheapest if I only want one for storage?)
It's more or less just the kind of markets they are aimed at and what kind of warranties you'll get as a result. I use red WD drives, even though they are aimed at NAS. Blue is tje stsndard drive, purps are for surveillance I think.
Are you serious? I also have a 3TB Seagate drive with all my games on (expect a few on my SSD that I play often)...
Are they that bad?
Well, all drives can fail of course, but anecdotally me and bunch of my friends have had extremely bad luck with Seagate.

r3n4ud

I won Gone Home last year from Zero-Crescent so i decided that it is time to play that game. I finished game in hour and a half and it is really nice experience but it is not 10/110 game for me. If i had to score it i would give it 7.5/10. Also i really think that 20$ was a bit high to ask for this game. All in all if you like adventure games where you go around and look for clues this is nice 2 hour game. Also for i think that Life is Strange > Gone Home (who finished both games knows why i am comparing them).
Think you mean 7.5/110

Is it that easy to outrun a cop? Personally I find I've have to position myself correctly behind a large stage or something of that nature then just try to stay on the opposite side of it to him until he gives up. I still fail that sometimes. In a straight line though he always catches me.

I've got stuck on the level after the boat where you play as the girl. The bouncers are really annoying there.

Well yeah you have to be positioned correctly or use an exit.

Uzzy

Some big news down on the farm.

“As requested by the passionate Farming Simulator community, the ability to play a female farmer reflects the diverse and ever-expanding industry of agriculture, making Farming Simulator 17 more realistic and rewarding than ever before,” the studio announced. “Players will now be able to select their avatar's gender at the beginning of the game, along with customizing their clothes. This exciting new option will also appear among the workers you can hire: both men and women will give you a hand with the many tasks that a farmer sees throughout the day!”

4GF3mwxbBZbeBsYcq9y2yL.jpg

redlacs

i've never played any of these farming simulators. does it do as good job with the whole farming as ETS2 does when it comes to driving trucks around?

gngf123

I don't like the reds at all. I need the feedback of when the key activates. That's why I like the brown ones the most.

I currently also trying to figure out what keyboard to get and will probably go for the Lioncast LK30. Has all the functions I need and doesn't need any software or drivers to do any of it's stuff. That's a big plus for me.

Yeah. I've never actually tried the Browns, but I quite liked the Blues outside of the noise, so I'd probably like them even with the reduced feedback compared to the Blues. These reds feel very strange to me without any feedback, and because they are so light I'm finding myself accidentally doing extra keystrokes.

Browns or Clears will probably be the next ones I try out. That Lioncast looks good. Do they do a UK key layout version?

Xater

Yeah. I've never actually tried the Browns, but I quite liked the Blues outside of the noise, so I'd probably like them even with the reduced feedback compared to the Blues. These reds feel very strange to me without any feedback, and because they are so light I'm finding myself accidentally doing extra keystrokes.

Browns or Clears will probably be the next ones I try out. That Lioncast looks good. Do they do a UK key layout version?

I honestly don't know. It's a German company and I wasn't even that familiar with them before I looked into which mechanical keyboard might be for me. maybe they are not big enough and only cover the domestic market? I really don't know. The other Keyboard I was interested in was the Corsair K70 Lux. That one does need software though. The look of it is still pretty simple, the light is red though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah Evo is making me want to buy all those anime fighters, like in bulk

Anime EVO Bundle.

Under Night In-Birth Exe Late
Melty Blood
Kohime Enbu
Blade Arcus
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max

Now dream cause that aint gonna happen.

Corpekata

Banned
I have Setsuna preordered at GMG. Not sure if it's 40 bucks (or 32 at GMG) worthy. Not sure if I see it finding a huge audience on PC (or even in the west in general) but hey, it's nice to see a Japanese Square product actually launching on time and not some vague delayed port.

Tizoc

I have Setsuna preordered at GMG. Not sure if it's 40 bucks (or 32 at GMG) worthy. Not sure if I see it finding a huge audience on PC (or even in the west in general) but hey, it's nice to see a Japanese Square product actually launching on time and not some vague delayed port.

The game is similar to Chrono Trigger far as combat goes from what I've read.
Also you missed out on getting it for USD 30 a couple of days ago :v

I really think VR needs more "normal" titles.

Most of the things coming out not from Oculus studios sadly are more like Tech demos or these "experiences". The Assembly comes out soon though, but it really needs more "games".
The same happened to PSVR. The newly announced things we saw besides RE7 at E3 were mostly just minigames.
A Batman Minigame.
A FFXV arena minigame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom