• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I am slowly moving through Deus Ex HR and i like it so far :D I am 7 hours in and still 0 kills :D Here are few screens.

27754006144_91d214a56f_o.png
27773025943_e390558ec0_o.png
27775631223_375a8bd9eb_o.png
27754639833_7ca05d0dbc_o.png

https://www.greenmangaming.com/members-price/

Our NEW members pricing means that you get the lowest prices without the need to use our site wide vouchers; it's our new way to shop.

If you've got a Green Man Gaming account, you're now entitled to even better deals with our new 'Members Price' - that means you get treated like a VIP! As long as you sign in before you start shopping, you'll see the VIP corner flash on the product you're searching. This means that you're seeing the lowest price.

We're replacing our site wide vouchers to make it simpler, faster and easier for you to shop.

I'm not sure i like that, unless all the 'member prices' make them 20 - 25% cheaper like the vouchers used to.

zkylon

zkylewd
https://www.greenmangaming.com/members-price/

Our NEW members pricing means that you get the lowest prices without the need to use our site wide vouchers; it's our new way to shop.

If you've got a Green Man Gaming account, you're now entitled to even better deals with our new 'Members Price' - that means you get treated like a VIP! As long as you sign in before you start shopping, you'll see the VIP corner flash on the product you're searching. This means that you're seeing the lowest price.

We're replacing our site wide vouchers to make it simpler, faster and easier for you to shop.

this sounds really sensible

voucher stuff is tiring

CAUTION - Deus Ex Mankind Divided on PC might have some issues when it comes out if PC Gamer's brief go of it is anything to go by.

Basically, the PC version is with a different developer; typically you'd expect Nixes and for things to be good, but they didn't mention who it was. What they do mention is current framerate issues. Granted there is still a fair bit of time to go to work that all out, but at this point in time I'd expect it to be better. Furthermore, the game itself seems to go more on the console side in terms of controller focus. For example, moving between cover is done by a weird point target system that auto-runs you to the spot, which apparently doesn't feel so good on Mouse / Keyboard. There's also some concern over the takedowns, which have a jarring gap before commencing and force you out of first person for what appears to be longer than the previous game.

:(

Hope this gets worked out as I have this waiting in my library already

Tizoc

wasnt there a Street Fighter character just like that. I don't know if big fat guy is a just a fighting game thing though

You're thinking of Rufus
I do not recall if Rufus predates Bob though

However, Fatal Fury had Cheng
cheng-sinzan-realbout-sprite.gif

He'd be the first 'chubby' fg character assuming E. Honda doesn't count.

madjoki

Furthermore, the game itself seems to go more on the console side in terms of controller focus. For example, moving between cover is done by a weird point target system that auto-runs you to the spot, which apparently doesn't feel so good on Mouse / Keyboard. There's also some concern over the takedowns, which have a jarring gap before commencing and force you out of first person for what appears to be longer than the previous game.

Yeah, it looked really bad. :(

I mean takedowns on previous game wasn't that good either.

Nzyme32

Iron Galaxy Returns

or

The Rise of the High Voltage

That's my fear as well.

:(

Hope this gets worked out as I have this waiting in my library already

Yeah, it looked really bad. :(

I mean takedowns on previous game wasn't that good either.

Good that Nixxes are doing the port, as I do have a bit of faith in them and they have yet to catastrophically fail. I do recall Deus Ex Human Revolution having it's fair share of issues on launch though.

Also this is the PC Gamer stuff I was referencing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr6fSomQ09Y - what I find odd is that there is no mention of any of this in their article on their site; only in this video do they mention the issues they had with the game, which in my opinion are significant enough to make me wonder about getting it early on (which I would normally do as a die hard fan of the series)

Nordicus

Just beat Satellite Reign

Did not expect a game that's so light on story (aside from emails) to have such a satisfying ending. Color me impressed

Doomedfool

CAUTION - Deus Ex Mankind Divided on PC might have some issues when it comes out if PC Gamer's brief go of it is anything to go by.

Basically, the PC version is with a different developer; typically you'd expect Nixes and for things to be good, but they didn't mention who it was. What they do mention is current framerate issues. Granted there is still a fair bit of time to go to work that all out, but at this point in time I'd expect it to be better. Furthermore, the game itself seems to go more on the console side in terms of controller focus. For example, moving between cover is done by a weird point target system that auto-runs you to the spot, which apparently doesn't feel so good on Mouse / Keyboard. There's also some concern over the takedowns, which have a jarring gap before commencing and force you out of first person for what appears to be longer than the previous game.

Argh! They need to get this crapped fixed quicklike. I waited months to play Arkham Knight last year, despite having it preordered. This is my most anticipated game this year, and I was just waiting on a few more Amazon Bucks to get this one, but maybe I'll wait.

Amazon is showing it's not available for PC with them at the moment anyway, so maybe they are trying to tell me something. lol

Adnor

Banned
Just tried 100000000, I'm definitely going to install this and You Must Build a Boat on my phone when Correos de Chile decides to bring it
0D0mhBX.gif

Mivey

Who knows but from the first video lipsync in this game looked bad. Maybe it is bug but i still think that for a AAA game in 2016 this is not good.
Probably too late to fix it now. They might just change the dialogue scenes so that you never see the persons face who is currently talking, like always showing you reaction shots.

dex3108

Hahahaha oh wow. The hell is going on there. Not only is the lipsync terrible, the voice acting is comically bad too. Not to mention all that together makes it look like an PS3 game. Is that the iPad version?

It is probably bug but release date is close so they better hurry and fix it if it is really bug.

For example here is better but not by much in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lefbr8B9k0s

They still animate only mouth area and face is more-less emotionless.

illusionary

actual good deals in the gmg summer sale but nothing for me. maybe in 2 days when the deals change

I'm continuing to (try to) tell myself that no, I don't need XCOM 2 yet... but damn, I'm tempted. Ditto for Offworld Trading Company.

Has XCOM 2 now received all of the DLC that it's going to (i.e. the three parts of the Reinforcement Pack), or are we likely to get a 'proper' expansion at some point.

Kuroyume

Banned
Didn't realize you could get around the 17 day (or whatever it was) Marketplace restriction by downloading the phone app. If only I had known before the sale. Oh well

Nzyme32

It is probably bug but release date is close so they better hurry and fix it if it is really bug.

For example here is better but not by much in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lefbr8B9k0s

I find it so frustrating, particularly for games that are so narrative focused, to have such shit lip-syncing / facial animation. It completely takes you out of the experience. Life is Strange is a great example of this. On occasion I kind forget about it, but for the most part it destroys much of the emotion to any given scene that attempts to emote anything

dex3108

I find it so frustrating, particularly for games that are so narrative focused, to have such shit lip-syncing / facial animation. It completely takes you out of the experience. Life is Strange is a great example of this. On occasion I kind forget about it, but for the most part it destroys much of the emotion to any given scene that attempts to emote anything

I mean i know that it is big game with lots of dialogue but if you decided to make those kind of games then make your engine in a way that will allow you to make good facial animations fast. In story driven RPGs that is really important in my opinion.

illusionary

Didn't realize you could get around the 17 day (or whatever it was) Marketplace restriction by downloading the phone app. If only I had known before the sale. Oh well

Are you sure? I'm still restricted for another week or so and have Steam Guard via the mobile app enabled on my account.

Lomax

Sometimes I feel bad for accidentally replying to a post after someone else already gave them an answer. Then I see people post the same "news" for the fourth time on the same page and I feel less bad.

cyba89

First they take away russian bear, then nuuvem and now those sweet 20% gmg launch discounts.

On top of that PSN sales are actually better than Steam sales now.

PC gaming is ded. ;_;

data

First they take away russian bear, then nuuvem and now those sweet 20% gmg launch discounts.

On top of that PSN sales are actually better than Steam sales now.

PC gaming is ded. ;_;

you can still take advantage of nuuvem by using entropay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom