• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

I'm about to crack and buy No Man's Sky for full price.

The thirst is real.

f3aaf0355f6170570d8182e926dedf5f.jpg

Eila

Oh wow, I didn't realize the game had come out a couple days ago. Didn't see it anywhere so I'm guessing it's not too good? It's by Recettear devs.
Decided to buy it as it's a good price, although the trading cards are not live yet.

Arthea

Oh wow, I didn't realize the game had come out a couple days ago. Didn't see it anywhere so I'm guessing it's not too good? It's by Recettear devs.

It looks terrible but whatever. its probably not that bad.

Rimworld dev hit with credit card fraudsters on their own site so they are stopping handing out Steam keys for new purchases.

https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/07/steam-key-giving-stopped-for-new-buyers/

In other news, G2A sellers have suddenly had some cheaper Rimworld keys for sale.

That sucks.

Lomax

I'm about a week from buying Killer Instinct at full price from the Windows store
using credit from the free Fallout price mistake and Bing
, I assume at that point my ability to post in SteamGaf will be permanently revoked.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-3F5AFB2D52CA6F77
CORTEXGEAR ANGRYDROIDS -- MB-CBBCC6436F49BD26 - Taken by Purkake4
Unity of Command Stalingrad Campaign -- MB-7CD79B236FD47996 - Taken by Sarcasm

Arthea

I would guess because he wants to play it?

Does anybody know if NMS Steam keys will be sold on GMG and so on?

unlikely, the steam store page is on for months now, I wouldn't count on it, or on any kind of discount, or so it would seem.

apparently funstock digital has it now, with -4% discount, but I'm not sure it's cheaper there, as it's hard to guess what pounds go for these days.

What's this then?
https://images.greenmangaming.com/dc2a32f0441941c59ddd3a72fb108c73/8d4bd157adb848e28854166b54057b1f.jpg[/img
[url]https://www.greenmangaming.com/members-price/[/url][/QUOTE]

not working still, as far as I can see, no member discounts.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
yeah just checking if that's what's replacing it outright.

My worry is they stop the 20%+ discounts, as most pre orders on their site I've looked at are now only getting an extra 5% off now when I sign in =/

It seems that way, yeah. Sad. I used to pre-order most of my Steam stuff there because of the discount.

Speaking of pre-orders, who is ready for I am Setsuna tomorrow?

I've been going through my backlog (you know...cause I can,) so here are some impressions for 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull:

Disclaimer: I never played the first one.

The story: Um...you play Hercules (sort of) and you eventually have to tame the Cretan Bull using the Golden Apples of Hesperides, but you do other labours on the way (like fight Stymphalian birds, clean out the Aegean stables, etc.) You do this by sending out servants to do menial labour, and you occasionally break boulders and then showboat. The cutscenes contain the story in limerick format. I listened to the first cutscene, then realized I needed to skip the rest. But...you don't play this game for the story.

The gameplay: It's more or less time/resource management: collect food, "supplies" (wood) and gold, use them to clear paths or upgrade your buildings. It's not bad for what it is. I played on "casual" difficulty, which is actually "normal" difficulty (the easy mode is "relaxed") but the normal difficulty is also pretty easy. If you want all the achievements, you will have to play in the hard mode for at least a few levels - there's an achievement for beating the developer's high score on 5 levels (it says 10 - it was probably lowered secretly after complaints) and those can pretty much only be accomplished in hard mode.

The graphics: Looks like a mobile game...but to be fair, it looks like a GOOD mobile game.

The audio: A lot of the music wasn't really fitting for the levels. You get peppy banjo music and sea hornpipes when you're expecting some swelling brass worthy of a demigod. So that was weird. Sound effects were okay, nothing to write home about.

The length: Took me 8.2 hours to get all the achievements. Took me just under 8 hours to beat the game. There are 44 levels in all, so this is one of those games that you can fire up if you have 15 minutes to spare.

The verdict: I got this game for less than a buck, and it was fun enough that I finished it and got 8 hours out of it. Bixby Snyder would be proud. So if it ever goes down to that price again - or you already have it - then I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom