• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. We'll see what I can see, yeah? I need to bookmark this site though, I'm pretty sure I've been linked to it before :x

Edit: Woo, I seem to have gotten AO to work. I tried using the Gears of War bit and it crashed the game, but I switch to the Mirror's Edge one and it looks like it's working. Now for the colors.

What's AO?

---

Dammit, Suda51. He apparently pulled the same BS again with Killer is Dead as far as forcing you to replay it several times because they can't somehow understand the concept of "difficulties stacking" when it comes to achievements. Ugh!

Tizoc

Ah the smell of a new thread, have a giveaway gang
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-F27E7CCB87F94FE6
To the moon -- MB-E89150443B96CABF

t1401656180z1.png

Tizoc

SFxT being seemingly universally maligned doesn't help. :/ (I wouldn't know, I skipped it because I heard all the bad talk surrounding it.)

>Japan
>smart business decisions
We generally can only pick one.

It's last update was SFxT 2013, some good gameplay improvements were done, allowing for a more faster paced flow. Thing is majority of players don't use high damaging combos and reserve their meter, you'll rarely see a super move get dished out if you watched some match sets.

It has a fun combo system and one of my fav. fighters from the past gen.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Great OP as usual! Looking forward to Gods Will Be Watching, have had that sitting on my wish list for a while now.

Dressed in Peels in Watch_Dawgz was kind of awful. It wasn't the insta-fail bit that was annoying, the copious checkpoints kinda made up for that aspect of the mission design, it was having to re-tag every guard with the cameras each time you restart that was the annoying part.

That particular mission aside I'm actually really enjoying Watch_Dogs. I've hit the eight hour mark, which is where I usually get bored and stop playing your average Assassin's Creed, but I want to keep playing Watch_Dogs. It's not just the modern day setting, as simplistic as it is, it's the hacking and the persistent data-verse. Watch_Dogs is a lot like EA's failed reboot of Syndicate in that way. I like how I can completely avoid using lethal force in a large portion of the missions through stealth and hacking. And when violence is the only solution, the hacking at least makes the shoot-y bits a bit different from the standard openworld experience.

When I'm on foot I always have the profiler activated. Although at times it's a little too A.D.D. with the constant, random unsolicited side-activity prompts appearing. I also get online invitations for races, profilings and mobile challenges despite having the online invasions deactivated. Those I can at least ignore.

Overall I'm really enjoying it, although I am surprised I'm ahead of JaseC with my meager eight hours of play.

Someone buy my video card please <3

Don't think I'll be doing too much gaming though for a bit. Thought my classes didn't start until the 9th but I signed in to finish up my nutrition course only to find out two of my 4 hour labs start tomorrow.

Terrible. Feels good to be only 2 months away from being able to apply to the BSN program though.

Jawmuncher

It's last update was SFxT 2013, some good gameplay improvements were done, allowing for a more faster paced flow. Thing is majority of players don't use high damaging combos and reserve their meter, you'll rarely see a super move get dished out if you watched some match sets.

It has a fun combo system and one of my fav. fighters from the past gen.

PC didnt even get that update though right?
SFxT would have been great without those damn gems. Capcom was dumb to not just scrap those from the beginning.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm that new thread smell

morning gaf

Tizoc

PC didnt even get that update though right?
SFxT would have been great without those damn gems. Capcom was dumb to not just scrap those from the beginning.

PC did get the 2013 update actually. Heck it was up before Capcom officially announced it was up on Steam IIRC lol.

Gems don't do shit in the game, so as is, just put up any simple ones that you find useful and call it a day.

Today is my sixth year on Steam, and I remember an year ago I only have half the games I now own, you guys are a bad influence.

Kyougar

Today is my sixth year on Steam, and I remember an year ago I only have half the games I now own, you guys are a bad influence.

For me, it was a tuesday... Or some snowy Winter-Sale night with the Paradox Publisher Bundle, man that was a massive amount of games.

Arthea

totally!
reasons:
1. steamgaf community has diverse tastes and can talk you into buying games you wouldn't be considering, sometimes you even like them, so you continue to listen and buy.
2. affordable prices, sometimes you can wait longer, and it is a game that you might not even play, but look! it has -75% discount - bought.
3. bundles, before trying steam, I had no idea how bad it is! It's addictive and after a while you find yourself buying a bundle for one game like it's the most normal thing in the world. (and then you don't even get that game on steam, thanks Strategy First
*sarcasm
)
4. and then there is... Jasec that can talk you into frame of mind that +1 to your library is totally worth any price! (><)

am I right?
bad bad influence!

This thread IS the support group.

It is opposite, it's rampant game collectors everlasting orgy of buying games and never touching them unless they have cards (><)

Card Boy

Banned
well fuck i missed out on Lego Harry potter by 5 minutes haha. I was on the fence due to no voice acting, I love the other Lego games.

oipic

Since I've won quite a bit of games from Modbot lately (or at least I feel I won quite a bit), here's some more stuff.

A very belated thank you (sorry!) to Knurek for Master Reboot, way back in that other thread last month. Thanks!

I had confused this game with some other thing, so I didn't pick up the bundle it was in recently, but this had caught my eye when it was released as something a bit different to check out.

Knurek

God, this thread moves fast. Just like Sanic.

I was in top 10 again? Woo for wasting gaming time on non-gaming activities! :p

God, this thread moves fast. Just like Sanic.

I was in top 10 again? Woo for wasting gaming time on non-gaming activities! :p
Wow... I only made 49 posts in the other thread, but I still think I spent about half of my free time (no classes over summer = crapton of free time) lurking the thread compared to actually playing stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed I made the wall of shame last thread >_>

So is the GFWL backend gone now? I just tried to play red faction guerilla and I can't do anything because it won't let me login. I thought steam was doing something about this?

I saw that Ace Combat had been taken off the store while it was being fixed, seems a bit sloppy that they wouldn't do the same with this game.

KarmaCow

So is the GFWL backend gone now? I just tried to play red faction guerilla and I can't do anything because it won't let me login. I thought steam was doing something about this?

I saw that Ace Combat had been taken off the store while it was being fixed, seems a bit sloppy that they wouldn't do the same with this game.

GFWL is still up, I just started RE5 and it managed to sign in.

Has Capcom said anything about RE5 and Dead Rising in regards to patching out GFWL?

Rhaknar

its on the publishers to do it, not on valve

You know, recently we talked about how TitanFall sorta disappeared after its launch. You know what else disappeared? GTA Online. What's up with that? Is it still a thing? It was hyped a lot, then had a rough launch and I don't remember anything else.

You know, recently we talked about how TitanFall sorta disappeared after its launch. You know what else disappeared? GTA Online. What's up with that? Is it still a thing? It was hyped a lot, then had a rough launch and I don't remember anything else.

They're both online, multiplayer games. Is there supposed to be 5 threads every day about the cool kills and what an incredible KD ratio one got in a match? GTA Online has more going on mechanically and in terms of the set up but I don't really get what you want to see in terms of visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom