• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Capcom seem to like to putting their games on sale when I have no money

Last time I was looking into buying RE6, they were selling their DLCs with discount

Capcom should get in the habit of removing GFWL from their existing games, porting over games that should have been on PC in the first place (Dragon's Dogma), and then put them on sale.

Earning money 101.

One thing that is coming very apparent to me over the past few years, Japanese businesses men were sleeping during their economics classes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Knowing Capcom, Dark Arisen would show up on Steam as DLC before Dragon's Dogma itself. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person left nowadays who just jumps into online games without reading a bunch of guides or watching Youtube videos or anything ahead of time. >.>

Whenever I play online multiplayer games, I usually just dive right in and play them. For some single player games, I might skim the internet for some non spoilery information before I start them to get a feel for what I'm in for.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person left nowadays who just jumps into online games without reading a bunch of guides or watching Youtube videos or anything ahead of time. >.>

You are not alone, I never check guides unless I'm stuck or there's some mechanic I don't understand.

Capcom should get in the habit of removing GFWL from their existing games, porting over games that should have been on PC in the first place (Dragon's Dogma), and then put them on sale.

Earning money 101.

One thing that is coming very apparent to me over the past few years, Japanese businesses men were sleeping during their economics classes.
It's still unbelievable to me that none of the big name 3D fighters have come to PC yet. What are they waiting for?

only thing I took from this is that you bought operation raccoon city

HAHAHA.

Or that he bought RCR.

I actually won that one, the rest of those are all family shared. I played 17 hours of RE6 in co-op. I could not wait for that nightmare to be over.

RE6 was awesome and the only co-op I ever played in it was Mercs. Over 80 hours and the platinum on PS3. As soon as it hit <$15 for the complete version on PC, it was bought.

Anteater

I'm not sure what's going on in Capcom, whoever in charge of the PC business is doing a fabulous job, but I get the feeling that they have to go through Capcom Japan or something for every little thing, and perhaps most of them don't get greenlit or have to wait a long while for anything to get through.

Grief.exe

It's still unbelievable to me that none of the big name 3D fighters have come to PC yet. What are they waiting for?

Wasn't the Tekken producer saying he is interested now?

What are the other 3D fighters?

I'm not sure what's going on in Capcom, whoever in charge of the PC business is doing a fabulous job, but I get the feeling that they have to go through Capcom Japan or something for every little thing, and perhaps most of them don't get greenlit

That is what Sven alluded to, and possibly one of the reasons he ultimately left. He was just getting too much flak and ignorance back from the Japanese arm.

_hekk05

Banned
Seeing 8-bit games made me remember paradise lost again. Haven't heard any new news ever since the kickstarter. Whatever's happening to it?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing 8-bit games made me remember paradise lost again. Haven't heard any new news ever since the kickstarter. Whatever's happening to it?

They've made some posts about the game on Facebook and Kickstarter.

Facebook May 19th

We are alive!! New Update with more actions + changes on skills + vector & pixel!!

Long time since last update. As we always say, we are super focused in the making of the game so our apologies for the delay.

Right now our top priority is to improve all the material we had of Paradise Lost in almost every possible aspect, from graphics to gameplay.

Here's a sneak peak of the things we are working on http://kck.st/1lFEn0Q (Kickstarter update post link)

I would be optimistic for the next Soul Calibur release as the property is published by Namco.
I'm always optimistic about PC ports :D Especially about fighters. Don't ask me why

Tangentially related to fighters since I saw him again in the DOA5 thread: Man, this Banana Aeon guy I see around is driving me nuts (not necessarily his fault). He has pretty much my exact same avatar as I do. I keep thinking "I didn't post thi--Ohhhhh :/" I don't wanna be that guy though, so I haven't asked him about it.

Edit: and he's talking shit on DOA3 now. someone hold me back.

Anteater

That is what Sven alluded to, and possibly one of the reasons he ultimately left. He was just getting too much flak and ignorance back from the Japanese arm.

I remember Sven gets shat on by the community, guy and the dudes from capcom unity was really cool imo, you can tell they aren't in the position to confirm or deny anything but they always try to say something positive and fans always take them out of context and spin it negatively.

I remember they were streaming dmc and they said something along the lines of "It's possible to have different universes in devil may cry, it doesn't always have to be one or the other, it's possible to make different dmc series, like megaman" and everyone was just like "fuck you megaman is dead!", but a lot of business decisions are made by the the producers and higher ups which surprisingly don't get enough flak and are being worshipped like gods because of a few success.

Grief.exe

Achievements/Trading Cards coming down the line for The Forest

ztqmpKR.png

Yeah, but he later implied that the uncertainty surrounding demand may prove to be an issue.
It's kind of circular reasoning though (if you ignore the success of every fighting game released on PC recently). There is no Tekken on PC to gauge interest so they don't release it, yet them not releasing it is in itself causing a lack of interest in a way.

No PC community > no PC release > no PC community

mannerbot

It's kind of circular reasoning though (if you ignore the success of every fighting game released on PC recently). There is no Tekken on PC to gauge interest so they don't release it, yet them not releasing it is in itself causing a lack of interest in a way.

SFxT flopping on all platforms probably doesn't help. :(

Grief.exe

If there is such a thing as common sense school, they were sleeping during that too.

I think the funniest situation recently was Square Enix being so surprised on Bravely Default's success. They release a good game, that isn't on mobile phones, and it's successful? Square believes this market materialized out of thin air, but in reality it has been there the whole time. More reality, both Square and Capcom's mobile profits do the opposite as they evaporate into thin air.

Wasn't the Tekken producer saying he is interested now?

What are the other 3D fighters?
Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur.
Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter I believe. Arena Fighters count as 3D fighters too?
All of the above. I just want to see something brought over at this point. Sega's big on PC, Tecmo's coming around, Bamco isn't entirely shy of the platform, I just don't know why none of them are doing it.

SFxT being seemingly universally maligned doesn't help. :/ (I wouldn't know, I skipped it because I heard all the bad talk surrounding it.)

>Japan
>smart business decisions
We generally can only pick one.

There were some competitive problems with SFxT, but the core game is a lot of fun to play. I'm not sure how it played after the big update in 2013 though.

All of the above. I just want to see something brought over at this point. Sega's big on PC, Tecmo's coming around, Bamco isn't entirely shy of the platform, I just don't know why none of them are doing it.

Tekken and to a lesser extent Soul Calibur for me.
I dislike all the other 3D games with a fiery passion. DoA and VF always felt inferior to me. I remember playing DoA for the first time when I worked at EB and we got a Dreamcast unit in (or shortly after I worked there, I guess, as I was back at school when the Dreamcast came out) and I was just thinking "this feels like a janky B version of Tekken." I didn't mind VF2 and VF3 in the arcades, but the Tekken games were the ones I always felt clicked for me. I bought VF4 at release for PS2 and regretted it. I somehow got suckered into buying VF4 EVO too, thinking "maybe I didn't give it a fair shake". I still don't like it. And I bought DoA5+ to support the fact that it's a fantastic Vita port, but it doesn't feel good to me either.

mannerbot

Not really fair, as much as I'd like to see more fighting games released on PC it's completely understandable that there aren't. Like sports games, fighters really shine when you can play someone sitting next to you and for most people that means console. On top of that, playing fighters on keyboard is kind of awkward and so having to get an arcade stick or controller for PC presents an additional barrier to entry (existing console peripherals are always an option but then for casual players aka most of the market, why wouldn't they just get it on console then?). KoF XIII basically did everything right with their Steam release and yet I'm pretty sure it's been a huge flop. Why should these Japanese companies go out of their way to make "acceptable" PC ports just in the hope that in the long run they'll break even from selling copies for 75% off during Steam sales?

Pachimari

Harada have always said he's interested in PC but he'll never bring Tekken to PC.

I honestly can't see any of the 3D fighters hitting PC, and Tekken would be the most unlikely.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You should be aware that some motherboards have issues with the PS3 stick. Neither stick officially supports PC, and it won't be an issue for most, but the 360 is the safer bet for PC (and if you have any desire to dual-mod the stick it's much easier to add PS3 compatibility to a 360 stick).
Aha, and where would one procure these PS3 mod compatibility from?
Also, you mean that the stick then would be PCS360 compatible?

Uh, StarCraft (even the yucky sequel) is about as deep as the rabbit hole goes. You have to learn all of the tech trees, units, damage types, counters, associated hotkeys, build orders, how to read builds from limited information, timing windows, general strategy, and then on top of that practice all of the mechanical requirements as far as micro techniques/macroing effectively/multitasking (and instead of 6 buttons there's an entire keyboard). I'm reaalllllly confused by this post, haha.
I think he meant mostly on technical jargon, all fighting games tend to have some game/series specific vocabulary that if you aren't used to, reading guides requires having a glossary at hand.

I woke up today and thought "oh im gonna continue play RE6"

I somehow got distracted and avoided that till this moment, when im starting the game, and it's 3AM

this happens too often
Same, but with DmC :O

Earning money 101.

Man, Dragon's Dogma on PC would be brilliant. I got it for free from PS+ and couldn't play more than half an hour due to that horrendous slideshow of a framerate.

Japan's biggest is coming soon and F2P
Well kinda, they removed the Gundams but the gameplay seems identical

Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur.
I remember that Sega used to be cool and released VF1 and 2 on PC :(
SC and DOA having so much money printing costumes and crap nowadays probably means no PC version as most people would simply mod the game
I don't agree but I'm betting that's Scamco's and KT's line of thought anyway

I would be optimistic for the next Soul Calibur release as the property is published by Namco.
I would be optimistic when we see Tekken on PC.

SFxT flopping on all platforms probably doesn't help. :(
SFxT being garbage didn't help anyone.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm i guess i should get down to beaten ass creed 3 but i can't imagine myself playing anything right now

i'm tempted to just start persona 4 or something

It looked pretty fun back in prerelease videos, but I don't know if I'll get it now since it seems like it's gonna go down with GFWL

I really hope they'll change their mind and work at slowly removing GFWL from all their games, including SFxT. I'd put more time into it on PC if I knew online wasn't dead any day. Kazuya and Juri were a blast to team together.

mannerbot

Aha, and where would one procure these PS3 mod compatibility from?
Also, you mean that the stick then would be PCS360 compatible?

Yeah, the resulting modded stick would be compatible with PS3, 360, and PC. You can read up on details at shoryuken.com's Tech Talk subforum. I installed a ChImp myself years ago, but there are solderless alternatives nowadays if you would prefer that. Unless the prices have changed dramatically it should come under $40 for parts.

Jawmuncher

RE5 needs the steam treatment ASAP.
I need thise cards and a background with wesker. Plus I need another excuse to play it.

sleepykyo

eh, given that sc is namco's b fighting game and Tekken is harada's franchise, I don't see how sc would come before Tekken. Well, possibly a set up to fail scenario.

kind of thought doa5u on pc would have happened after the game went f2p.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

I don't know, they skipped SC2HD for PC (it wasn't a good effort since the online apparently sucked, but PC is the only platform this might've been fixed by modders) and they seem to be focused on the f2p game. Plus their PC efforts are rather random, only a few developers they've worked with seem to develop a PC SKU (like From Software and CC2) and their internal efforts rarely bother.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/232/

Not sure I'd bother with either, as both look really dark and don't seem to improve it much, but hey, take a look for yourself, right? :)
Thanks. We'll see what I can see, yeah? I need to bookmark this site though, I'm pretty sure I've been linked to it before :x

Edit: Woo, I seem to have gotten AO to work. I tried using the Gears of War bit and it crashed the game, but I switch to the Mirror's Edge one and it looks like it's working. Now for the colors.

Kyougar

Oh I remember my first PC in 1998 (IBM) and Pentium II which had the first DVD player among all PCs( some PCs with Pentium 4 were still lacking DVD players even in 2004), and Free Space was my first DVD game in 1999. I was so amazed by it.

There is a massive amount Total conversion Mods for Freespace 2. I must check the Babylon 5 Mod again.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Will this thread be the one that encompasses the summer sale? Nah. One more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom