• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

sticker,375x360.u1.png
sticker,375x360.u2.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yes.

You can also bake cheese bread.

And make a helmet out of a cooking pot.

I can't imagine anyone isn't convinced yet, but just in case:
Divinity: OS Crafting Demonstration
(Note that there hav been some UI improvements since this video)
Didn't really follow the game, but I became quite excited after watching some video's this morning.
And your not helping my wallet. :p Strongly considering buying it day one, and I rarely do that.

2014 is such a great time for RPG fans, old and new.

Durante

Then we have much to discuss. I've watched the video and while it doesn't quite have the U7 charm it is close enough.

The big question though. Can NPCs bake bread and do they have job schedules?
Sadly, not really. They had to drop full NPC schedules to make the (delayed multiple times already) release date with a sufficient amount of polish. There's just too much stuff in the game already.

2014 is such a great time for RPG fans, old and new.
Is it ever!

Sadly, not really. They had to drop full NPC schedules to make the (delayed multiple times already) release date with a sufficient amount of polish. There's just too much stuff in the game already.

That is a real shame. To me this is still the #1 feature that I feel should be in every RPG. Watching people do their job, go to the pub for dinner and then go home to bed just improves the world so much.

Don't get me wrong, you have my interest, but just not quite the excitement.

Just seems like you don't really look for discussion about them. I haven't read a single thing about Counter Strike: GO since launch but I'm not going to say the game is no longer being played or talked about because I don't care about it. And the T2 exec's comment implied they've made more money from the microtransactions than most AAA games make on their own so one imagines at least a few people have to be playing.

And no online FPS game has been talked about as much as the original Modern Warfare. It was everywhere.

But that's the thing. I shouldn't have to look for it. Not with these supposed huge caliber games. Notice how I'm not talking about games like Insurgency or Starbound, but games that have been hyped to oblivion, but doesn't seem like they set the world on fire. Obviously they didn't flop and they can reach their full potential later, this isn't a horse race after all, but they didn't seem to make a strong, lasting impression yet. And I'm not the only one thinking this.

Tizoc

Reposting~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-F27E7CCB87F94FE6
To the moon -- MB-E89150443B96CABF

t1401656180z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Please ignore this completely -- MB-0025915454B94DA1 - Taken by Stumpokapow

So is the GFWL backend gone now? I just tried to play red faction guerilla and I can't do anything because it won't let me login. I thought steam was doing something about this?

It's not "Steam" (Valve)'s job to do this, it's the developer's. Nordic Games might patch GFWL out of RF:G. In the mean time, GFWL does work. The issue you're running into is most likely either that your account has not accepted the updated terms and conditions (login to Xbox.com and accept the terms if prompted), that you have a complex password or 2-factor authentication turned on with your live ID (login to account.live.com and use a per-application password), that you don't have Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant installed (remove GFWL, download the latest version, and reinstall it), or that you're running Windows 8 and are having GFWL issues as a result (this is solveable but I am not familiar with how you're supposed to solve it).

Kyougar

It's not "Steam" (Valve)'s job to do this, it's the developer's. Nordic Games might patch GFWL out of RF:G. In the mean time, GFWL does work. The issue you're running into is most likely either that your account has not accepted the updated terms and conditions (login to Xbox.com and accept the terms if prompted), that you have a complex password or 2-factor authentication turned on with your live ID (login to account.live.com and use a per-application password), that you don't have Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant installed (remove GFWL, download the latest version, and reinstall it), or that you're running Windows 8 and are having GFWL issues as a result (this is solveable but I am not familiar with how you're supposed to solve it).

Wow, thank god this is so easy ^^
Is Microsoft TRYING to make PC Gamers as miserable as possible?

fantomena

Google just told me Im able to register for YouTube Partners and Google AdSense. Weeeee!

Hoping Apple Norway is quick to send my Blue Yeti mic so I can start produce more videos even with commentaries.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Q.U.B.E. -- MB-FE04D4AF572629B0 - Taken by gabbo. 5 entrants total.
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-C140F5D772334370 - Taken by _hekk05. 3 entrants total.
A NEW BEGINNING -- MB-4D9C7319A0BD8261 - Taken by Vastag. 3 entrants total.

t1401639707z1.png

SugarDave

I have two guest passes for Killing Floor if anyone fancies trying it out. PM me or reply with your Steam name so I can add you and it's yours.

_hekk05

Banned
Well I just tried Payday 2 because of the free weekend thing, and I gotta say:

Game is only fun with friends, and when we all voice chat.

I had no idea what I was doing. Basically just shot people, grabbed ammo, shot some more. Everyone else was moving bags and I guess I was the distraction, even though I was using like the worst weapon in the game.

Enemies are REALLY bulletspongy. Like there was this one dude who took like 5 shotgun blasts in the face in close range before he died.

Storyline is pretty much bullpucky

Enemies are REALLY bulletspongy. Like there was this one dude who took like 5 shotgun blasts in the face in close range before he died.

Cute... you know if you play on hard every guy needs 5 shotgun shots in the face? And the Bulldozer (The guy you probably met) takes around 100 until he dies. And yeah... he appears like every 30 seconds in the game on hard.

And then there is overkill.... a difficulty mode that is pure bullshit.

_hekk05

Banned
So glad I didn't waste bandwidth to find that out myself.

So glad I live in a first world country with no data caps

Cute... you know if you play on hard every guy needs 5 shotgun shots in the face? And the Bulldozer (The guy you probably met) takes around 100 until he dies. And yeah... he appears like every 30 seconds in the game on hard.

And then there is overkill.... a difficulty mode that is pure bullshit.

Well I could understand him being tanky, since he was wearing an EOD suit or something. Basically i acted as the bait and my buddies shot him point blank till he died. With a sniper and a shotgun.

Then there are the taser guys. Can't even see the actual taser wires connected to me. I liked how when you're tased you can't move and can't really aim, but can still fire lol

Also there are ninja dudes who can knock you down and you stay down until a teammate helps you up. I wasn't aware falling down made you incapable of moving your limbs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heads up for owners of Battlepaths via indiegala (was in indiegala supreme bundle), desura doesnt link a key in the usual desura/collection page (as they do if you bought the debut 2 indieroyale bundle... dont ask me why) but if you actually launch the game via desura (its small so wont take long) the game actually says you need a steam account to play it (aparently its steamworks lol) and gives you the steam key

I can confirm this works. Now im wondering what other games this works for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom