• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

No, but we already know the European price will be higher than the US price for 3.

Which makes it even more a kick in the teeth that I've seen retail pricing go sub £30 a few times and probably will do again/permanently before release. Then suddenly I twigged there's not a chance retail Witcher III is ever going to be Steamworks. I want my 'chievements :(

Ohhhh another Dusk meaty impression on Murdered: Soul Suspect.

So played Murdered: Soul Suspect for about five and a half hours, some footnote impressions of the game (full impressions when I beat it):

-The game has a stupid amount of optional content...

Sold!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Which makes it even more a kick in the teeth that I've seen retail pricing go sub £30 a few times and probably will do again/permanently before release. Then suddenly I twigged there's not a chance retail Witcher III is ever going to be Steamworks. I want my 'chievements :(

I'd strongly consider buying the physical CE for the art book if I could wrangle a Steam pre-order key from CDPR.

Edit: Judging from GOG's pre-order bonuses list, Steam will get the digital art book and... that's it. The BTS videos and world map seem to be general inclusions.

Dr Dogg

I'd strongly consider buying the physical CE for the art book if I could wrangle a Steam pre-order key from CDPR.

It's £95! I do love my art books and I did snag both copies of 2's collectors eds due to how meaty they were but that stupid Geralt-Griffin throw down statue has hiked the price up to stupid numbers over here. I mind find a fleecer on eBay who splits it up though.

Edit: Whaaaaatttt! Just checked the price on Amazon to see of it's in a state of flux and it sure is. £129.99 for the PC version now.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but if, say, someone purchased from GOG as regularly as some of us here buy from Steam, they'd be able to just shrug it off as money they would have spent in the near future, anyway.

I find it a little bizarre that CDPR is being forced into region-specific pricing by its marketing and distribution partners (Scamco in Australia's case) -- the game itself is being bankrolled internally so I'd long assumed that there'd be no Aussie Tax.

I think they have to partner for the console versions. CDP only covers Europe internally.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-B9E3164964512429 - Taken by nature boy
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-524A728C232E4F2C
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-1710070C9E325C3D - Taken by saunderez
Spirits -- MB-8E7AF91B0E19E854 - Taken by NingenJanai

Arthea

So played Murdered: Soul Suspect for about five and a half hours, some footnote impressions of the game (full impressions when I beat it):

<...>

The game sounds awesome until a point you say it plays like Telltale game, and it still sounds awesome after. I'll wait for your impressions when you finish it.

edited: nobody wants Vanguard Princess? Is the end of world is near or something?

JaseC

I think they have to partner for the console versions. CDP only covers Europe internally.

See my edit here. Development is being bankrolled internally but the $25m marketing budget is being split between WB, Scamco and whoever else CDPR has or will partner with.

Vecks

Hmm. I wish Fallen Enchantress would be a bit cheaper, then I won't feel so bad about buying a game I might not play. The normal price seems to be holding strong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And the game isnt really bad. And has panties!!

nobody takes Tiny & Big either, Gaf is anti panties

tiny-and-big-in-grandpas-leftovers-screen-3.jpg

Lomax

Hmm. I wish Fallen Enchantress would be a bit cheaper, then I won't feel so bad about buying a game I might not play. The normal price seems to be holding strong.

Yeah, at $5 I'd bite, at $10 I just have too many other strategy games sitting to take the plunge. And according to Stardock the game has really strong legs, so it seems unlikely they'll be dropping the price much any time soon.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Tiny & Big is a great game, people should play that unappreciated puzzle game of cutting and slicing.

How did that happen? Bundles?

Aye, all from bundles. Two from indiegala because they do that gift copy when you buy at the right time and the other two from groupees at two different points.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
boom motherfuckers

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-3D9BB38213E6C58D - Taken by Diedac
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-16E2475A297412AF - Taken by nexen
Incoming Forces -- MB-70643D55D02841AE - Taken by YianGaruga
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-49C77945CA240E80 - Taken by Lomax
Hyper Fighters -- MB-C49A1BA5606D3F01 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Milamber

Depends on what you use your 360 pad for most, I guess. The dpad is leagues better on the Xbox One pad, but the bumpers and the triggers are worse, in my opinion.

Supposedly the dpad is a huge improvement but the triggers annoy some.

Not at all. It's better, sure, but not to the point where it's a must-have.
Got it! Looks like this'll wait until after summer sale.

EDIT: I sincerely hope The Forest is part of the sale. I'm in the mood for survival type games.

OrangeOak

Someone from NA (I think it's region locked) wants Fallout 3 GOTY Steam key?
I am sorry but I can't do modbot so first person who responds to this post gets it.

_hekk05

Banned
Someone from NA (I think it's region locked) wants Fallout 3 GOTY Steam key?
I am sorry but I can't do modbot so first person who responds to this post gets it.

I'll take it. I'm actually heading to the states to study so I won't even need a VPN lol

If you dropped a Suspicious Bismuth Formation, join me in the quest of not selling it for 10&#8364;!

I bet it gets sold for 6, then some guy puts one up for 5 immediately after that

_hekk05

Banned
Appid 22370 isn't region locked

edit: damn you jasec

thanks OrangeOak for fallout 3 goty. It indeed isn't region locked

_hekk05

Banned
Ya, it seems to be not locked, while looking up I remembered why I don't have it, it's GFWL, isn't it?
And it seems I was too late, anyway (><)

Did I just introduce FilthyDRM™ into my system?

I don't see a mention of GFWL anywhere though

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I won Hard Reset? Thanks Terra_Ex! I love cyberpunk. :)

JaseC

Ya, it seems to be not locked, while looking up I remembered why I don't have it, it's GFWL, isn't it?
And it seems I was too late, anyway (><)

The game's GFWL implementation is more or less inert. It's there, technically (there's a "Live" option in the main menu), but you don't have to concern yourself with it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any clue why my Warhammer DoW II and Chaos Rising CD Keys are invalid when I am trying to activate them through Steam. I bought the ultimate collection a while ago on GMG, which came with a single key that added all games to my account. However, If I am not mistaken both DoW II and Chaos Rising retail keys activate through Steam, so the CD Keys should grant you an extra copy of the game like SSFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom