• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first giveaway, oldies but goodies (and some dlc).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-217DAE65693F7730 - Taken by Daedalos42. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-28B030B0EFB593FB
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-8EACB304F560AFF8
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-535DC9856280A4C7 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle Earth -- MB-82C897D82B3ED6F3 - Taken by maneil99. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-6FF7DD06133D6DE5 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 1 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-56DA14B4528755DD

t1402019504z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone know of a link to current and possible coupon drops from badge crafting?

IIRC from past conversations with Steam devs, developers are allowed to allocate a range of discounts (maximum 90% or 95%) and a number of coupons per day (I think the minimum is 5 or 25 or something?). It's impossible to know the full list of games that have non-zero coupons allocated or the number any game has.

FauX

There it is! hope you enjoy the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-0BDC39176128AB3D - Taken by thesaucetastic. 13 entrants total.

t1402020326z1.png

Maybe they're getting more stringent with them.

The big releases still get all it seems.. I think Prototype 2 lost it's head2head (w/ DmC I think?), so it only got a few instead of a ton

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of communication.. following my post from yesterday, I'm in the middle of some serious personal problems (read: unexpected separation/divorce). I don't want to drag the thread down, so any follow up on that, please PM rather than derail the thread.

Yes, I was planning on getting the game at the summer sale, and honestly didn't expect to win. With my luck my laptop won't be able to run it anyways. I'm so sorry. With the way my luck has been I didn't think I'd win.

I apologize to Sub Zero who generously donated the DLC, and everyone who wanted the DLC and didn't win. I have no problem with Sub Zero nuking it (again!) (i feel beyond awful at the moment) if he's willing to do so.

Again sorry. Logging off now. Sorry.

Trade you RAGE for it.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Gratz to the mega Give winners! Forget the nick, but nice pickup by Sub Zero for One Finger Death Punch, game is fucking awesome, what I consider the best Indie game so far of 2014, skill-based at least. Now beat my scores!

FloatOn

I put dark souls 2 on hiatus and have been playing dmc. As someone who has never played another devil may cry game this is actually pretty good. Also of note is that the first lords of shadow was my first "character action" game so I'm not quite snobby on the genre yet.

Much the same way as how I didn't hate the new tomb raider entirely because I've yet to cut my teeth on uncharted.

DasFool

I need some help. Sine Mora loads up fine and then crashes immediately to desktop after about 5 seconds. I can't even get to the main menu.

Anyone else have this issue? I've tried searching for a solution, but no luck.

Cth

It was my fault for calling you out publicly and I should have PMed you first to ask about it, so I am really sorry if I made you feel uneasy.
You didn't do anything wrong

I understand.

I know it's a pain, but I'm ok with nuking it after seeing so many others who would rather play it now. I've disappointed enough tonight. I'll play through the dlc this summer once I get the game.

That's weird. I just started using desktop shadowplay, so I don't know what could be wrong.

How do you activate it? I tried alt+f9 and I have the desktop checkbox enabled... but no videos appeared in the directory afterwards.

Does it have anything to do with fullscreen vs. windowed?

I put dark souls 2 on hiatus and have been playing dmc. As someone who has never played another devil may cry game this is actually pretty good. Also of note is that the first lords of shadow was my first "character action" game so I'm not quite snobby on the genre yet.

Much the same way as how I didn't hate the new tomb raider entirely because I've yet to cut my teeth on uncharted.

I've played every uncharted and it didn't make me dislike TR2013... it made me like it even more because it was more enjoyable to me than some of the entries in the Uncharted series (maybe even all of them).
As far as action games go -- you're right. I still maintain that DmC plays more like a musou than an action game though. :p

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I've help out a fellow gaffer with the backlog increase!
It's awful. :( I want to play my backlog so bad, but school has kept me too busy for anything more than a few hours of procrastinating on gaf. Once summer comes around, I'm going to be a degenerate to my heart's content.

Nabs

How do you activate it? I tried alt+f9 and I have the desktop checkbox enabled... but no videos appeared in the directory afterwards.

Does it have anything to do with fullscreen vs. windowed?

Seems like you got the steps right. Check off Allow desktop capture, and make sure ShadowPlay is in Manual mode (Alt+F9). If you have the status indicator enabled, it should show up when you start recording.

Fullscreen/Windowed doesn't matter. You should be able to record as you browse GAF if you want. You'll find your videos in the Videos/Desktop folder.

What was jshackles saying about the IP address of steamcommunity and such being changed so the ES standalone needed updating?

Seems like you got the steps right. Check off Allow desktop capture, and make sure ShadowPlay is in Manual mode (Alt+F9). If you have the status indicator enabled, it should show up when you start recording.

Fullscreen/Windowed doesn't matter. You should be able to record as you browse GAF if you want. You'll find your videos in the Videos/Desktop folder.

Will it work if you have it set to shadowplay + manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom