• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

One of my favourite games ever, a freebie from the GMG Sega sale. Free to good home!

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-A8E1F377970B356F - Taken by Halo 2. 23 entrants total.

t1402063340z1.png

Garcia

What's this I hear about a Tetris game releasing on PC in coming months?

wut wut que? I need that.

Tetris Ultimate in the Fall. A mostly multiplayer centric title (up to four) from Ubisoft with the following modes; Marathon, Endless, Ultra, Sprint, Battle and Power-Up Battle.
Rather basic looking too. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-05-tetris-ultimate-screenshots

I wish another Tetris would have the "Klustar" style of play. That was rather fun, but it hardly needs a Metroid skin to make it work and yet it hasn't been seen since Tetris DS.

Nice!

Evrain

Today is the day!

ieeillrQt2Ln0.gif

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285440/

NeoGaf OT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828691

My Arcade Stick is ready!

And damn, there are 15 games listed on the "coming soon" tab for release today...
I'm already salivating... and stupidly thought it would release today. 24 more hours... *bashes head against the desk*
Thanks Inframan for the clarification. At times I wonder if Yotsubane added over-the-net multiplayer, that would be pure mayhem, not unlike the Kaillera days with DoDonpachi.

Authority

Banned
How much longer til you're a member and you can finally make that TF video games thread you've always dreamt about?

They told me when FFXV releases on PC.

#Believe.

Man trying to play Devil May Cry 4 without a controller is a pain in the ass considering it doesn't have mouse support. Genius move.

"So lets port DMC 4 to PC?"
"Sure why not?"
"What about mouse support?"
"What is that? I only know that PC gamers use keyboard".
"Oh yeah you are right".

Tizoc

They told me when FFXV releases on PC.

#Believe.

Man trying to play Devil May Cry 4 without a controller is a pain in the ass considering it doesn't have mouse support. Genius move.

"So lets port DMC 4 to PC?"
"Sure why not?"
"What about mouse support?"
"What is that? I only know that PC gamers use keyboard".
"Oh yeah you are right".

You are not a real gamer. Real gamers like me finish DMC without a controller.

Mouse+Keyboard+DMC=MadEdition

=V

Dambrosi

Banned
Today is the day!

ieeillrQt2Ln0.gif

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285440/

NeoGaf OT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828691

My Arcade Stick is ready!

And damn, there are 15 games listed on the "coming soon" tab for release today...
Jus' remember, GAF - I'm the one who told y'all about this! *pops collar*

Yeah, but seriously, go buy this game. Just buy it. Trust me.
And someone buy me a copy too, I won't be able to buy it myself for at least a month.
Yay poverty.
Just kidding don't buy it for me

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
GMGs summer sale day 1 is dissapointingly boring. If that's a sign what we will get the next days, Im gonna be sad. Also, Im not gonna be optimistic about Amazons summer sale due to no Tony.

For once, save me Valve.

It's pretty much the same standard SEGA stuff we've been getting each time they do a big sale. They will probably follow with a Paradox, WB and Ubisoft sale in the following days as they always do

Sub Zero

Ok guys, Cth was kind enough to pass on the Dark Souls II season pass so I am going to do a giveaway again later. Since a lot of mega-givers don't own Dark Souls II I decided to give away another game with it so that more people will get a chance to win a big game and leave Dark Souls II Season Pass to the hardcore fans . I put together a poll in which you can vote what game you'd like me to give away. I also added a "EPIC GIVEAWAY" option which means that I'll sell Dark Souls II season pass and get a very expensive game to give away instead like Grid Autosport, Divinity Original Sin, Wolfenstein or Shadow of Mordor. The choice is yours

http://strawpoll.me/1840522

P.S: More game recommendations for my poll are welcome

Deques

Ok guys, Cth was kind enough to pass on the Dark Souls II season pass so I am going to do a giveaway again later. Since a lot of mega-givers don't own Dark Souls II I decided to give away another game with it so that more people will get a chance to win a big game and leave Dark Souls II Season Pass to the hardcore fans . I put together a poll in which you can vote what game you'd like me to give away. I also added a "EPIC GIVEAWAY" option which means that I'll sell Dark Souls II season pass and get a very expensive game to give away instead like Grid Autosport, Divinity Original Sin, Wolfenstein or Shadow of Mordor. The choice is yours

cth is sure a nice and honest guy. when you the had giveaway I was thinking to do the same as him, but only I would buy DS2 directly if I won. but I didnt enter the giveaway anyway since I wanted to give those who have the game a better chance to win. I didnt expect someone who didnt have the game win though

Arthea

That's too nice of you
mostly because I can't choose (><)

edited: voted for Banished, because I still want folks to have that chance at DS2 season pass they want.

The_Monk

Hello to all amazing and nice GAFfers.

I was checking Steam and I saw that someone made a comment on my Mafia II Review with one question:

Can you play this game in a way that isn't "manly"?

I may have hit some sort of language barrier because I really don't know how to answer this. How do you even play a game in a way that is or isn't manly? I'm lost here, I don't like to leave nobody without an answer but this time my poor English vocabulary and basic understanding is failing me.

Genki

A couple of games liberated from GFWL:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toy Soldiers -- MB-D134215529D7EC23 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 5 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-2C0649F3D82DF74A - Taken by saunderez. 4 entrants total.

t1402058938z1.png

Is there a way to set a download speed maximum when downloading a game on Steam? There's more than one computer with a wireless connection here and whenever it downloads it manages to use 100% of the bandwidth. That's normally fine, but when I have people complaining because their internet is down, it would be nice to have other options than "pause."

I may have hit some sort of language barrier because I really don't know how to answer this. How do you even play a game in a way that is or isn't manly? I'm lost here, I don't like to leave nobody without an answer but this time my poor English vocabulary and basic understanding is failing me.

In answer to your question, I believe he means if there's a way to complete goals without using violence, like you can in Fallout where you can talk your way out of fights.

saunderez

Voted for Rise of Nations. Since I don't got it. Got the rest of those games.

JakeD

Hello to all amazing and nice GAFfers.

I was checking Steam and I saw that someone made a comment on my Mafia II Review with one question:

Can you play this game in a way that isn't "manly"?

looks like this person is poking fun at the fact that you had a typo in "mainly" in your first sentence.

HoosTrax

How accessible is the MTG 2014 game if you've never played any Magic game before? The closest I've come is Pokemon TCG lol.

Is there a way to set a download speed maximum when downloading a game on Steam? There's more than one computer with a wireless connection here and whenever it downloads it manages to use 100% of the bandwidth. That's normally fine, but when I have people complaining because their internet is down, it would be nice to have other options than "pause."

That option is in the settings menu.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Download Restrictions. The limits are predefined, ranging from 16KBps to 25MBps.

DogMeat77

A couple of games liberated from GFWL:

Sweet. I loved the Toy Soldiers demo on xb1 but never bought the game.

Not much I want on the GMG sale but I think I'll grab Castle of Illusions. I've been meaning to get it so I guess now is a good as time as any. + the extra 10% off with IFDSUM-MERSAL-E10OFF code.

Arthea

I need a game (for bd present) less known, preferable, with deep complicated and disturbing story, being a scary horror game would be a bonus, darkish atmosphere is necessary, if gameplay is good even better, but mainly it has to be really interesting to follow the story.

I wanted to ask Dusk Golem, but as he's not here, all suggestions are welcome.

oh, it has to be on steam too, of course.

Region locks and all. :p

sad and almost true (><)

Sub Zero

I need a game (for bd present) less known, preferable, with deep complicated and disturbing story, being a scary horror game would be a bonus, darkish atmosphere is necessary, if gameplay is good even better, but mainly it has to be really interesting to follow the story.

I wanted to ask Dusk Golem, but as he's not here, all suggestions are welcome.

oh, it has to be on steam too, of course.

Cat Lady would be my recommendation

saunderez

Thanks for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet Genki....wow I've been lucky with the raffles today! I should probably stop entering I feel like I'm winning everything I'm going for. All I've gave back is a copy of Jet Set Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom