• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Ha, that's the one I sold at ~1am this morning!

izhRyWA.gif

Any clue why my Warhammer DoW II and Chaos Rising CD Keys are invalid when I am trying to activate them through Steam. I bought the ultimate collection a while ago on GMG, which came with a single key that added all games to my account. However, If I am not mistaken both DoW II and Chaos Rising retail keys activate through Steam, so the CD Keys should grant you an extra copy of the game like SSFIV.

They're GFWL games. The only DoWII game that redeems on Steam is Retribution.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any clue why my Warhammer DoW II and Chaos Rising CD Keys are invalid when I am trying to activate them through Steam. I bought the ultimate collection a while ago on GMG, which came with a single key that added all games to my account. However, If I am not mistaken both DoW II and Chaos Rising retail keys activate through Steam, so the CD Keys should grant you an extra copy of the game like SSFIV.

The GFWL patches for the Dawn of War 2 games are still being worked on. The switch hasn't been flipped yet.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
They're GFWL games. The only DoWII game that redeems on Steam is Retribution.

Dow II and Chaos Rising retail keys activate on Steam but use GFWL as DRM
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

The GFWL patches for the Dawn of War 2 games are still being worked on. The switch hasn't been flipped yet.

I know that but since both games used Steam activation in conjuction with GFWL from the start, their retail keys should work even though the full Steamworks switch hasn't happened yet

JaseC

I know that but since both games used Steam activation in conjuction with GFWL from the start, their retail keys should work even though the full Steamworks switch hasn't happened yet

Judging from Valve's list, DoW2 GFWL keys should work (5x5 key) but the Retribution listing is for keys Valve itself generated for Steam (5x3).

Edit: Actually, some Steamworks games have 5x5 keys, it seems, so neither listing necessarily means anything. My guess would be that the listings are specifically for keys Valve generates for use with other DD retailers.

Edit edit: Some Google'ing suggests that physical keys are indeed supposed to activate on Steam (I thought your basis for the comment was Valve's list). Sounds like you've got a dodgy couple of keys. Hit up Sega, and just to be super safe I'd also mention that the games are still available on Steam.

Phinor

The GOG price changed just a few hours ago. The game still has a $90 base price, but the early bird discount is now 20%, reducing the cost to $71.99, and the "fair price guarantee" rebate has dropped slightly to $21.78. Assuming you used GOG regularly, you'd break it down as follows:

Old: $80.99 cost - $23.85 back = $57.14
New: $71.99 cost - $21.78 back = $50.21

There's something weird going on with the pricing anyway. The fair price guarantee doesn't match with the actual difference in pricing, the bonus codes they offer don't cover the difference. Also they decided to have an RRP of 59.99€, while Witcher 3 retail (PC) copies have an RRP of 49.99€. Basically the discount they offer for pre-ordering only takes the price down to regular retail pricing (and you can find retail copies much cheaper than RRP anyway). I don't know, it just feels like they aren't completely honest with their pricing.

JaseC

Isn't it dead already? I was supposed to be gone on the 1st of june right.

July 1st, but we're less than a month from the date and MS hasn't said a word, so the safe assumption is that it has been pushed back. My guess would be another six months (July 1st -> December 31st). I'd also presume that the reason GFWL has seemingly been given a stay of execution is that publishers were so slow to react to the news MS had no choice but to give them more time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What's this I hear about a Tetris game releasing on PC in coming months?

Tetris Ultimate in the Fall. A mostly multiplayer centric title (up to four) from Ubisoft with the following modes; Marathon, Endless, Ultra, Sprint, Battle and Power-Up Battle.
Rather basic looking too. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-05-tetris-ultimate-screenshots

I wish another Tetris would have the "Klustar" style of play. That was rather fun, but it hardly needs a Metroid skin to make it work and yet it hasn't been seen since Tetris DS.

Authority

Banned
Transformers Universe

Your time has come, Commander. You have been chosen for the next round of closed BETA. You can jump into the game at any time from Friday 6 June at 1pm BST and experience all the content that's available in our current BETA build.

tumblr_mya1mtySOH1sejn8go1_500.gif

JaseC

How much longer til you're a member and you can finally make that TF video games thread you've always dreamt about?

Quite a while, I imagine, considering he was juniored as punishment. ;) It's why 90% of his posts in here are essentially OPs.

More to the point why do you have Warlords installed? Vanilla I can understand as it has the excellent tutorial mod and some scenarios only work with it and BTS is the best version of the game with all the content and compatibility of Warlords. Of course if your don't like some of the stuff BTS brought to the table I can understand ;)
Wait, you mean I can remove it and still be able to play BTS? I only play BTS anyway.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-95B567AC48DE3AB9 - Taken by Genki. 6 entrants total.

t1402049315z1.png

Copons

The Witcher 3 trailer made me finally want to jump in Witcher 2 I've been postponing for years now.
The Full Combat Rebalance mod is worth it? Also, on CDPR site there's the 1.2 version, is that the final one?

And, one more thing: I'm planning to play it with a controller, but I remember menus (inventory and stuff) were totally painful to use with a controller. Is it my memory that's broken, or is there some mod that ease that pain?

Dr Dogg

Wait, you mean I can remove it and still be able to play BTS? I only play BTS anyway.

You can removal them all bar BTS and BTS will still launch. Though don't know if that will change during this new patch but it's been like that on Steam since I rebought them. Hence why my play times are 22 hours for Civ IV PC Vanilla, 11 Hours for PC BTS and 7.7 hours for IV Mac Vanilla with nothing for the rest and I have never installed Warlords. I'm sure the play times would be much higher if I hadn't binged out on them 10 years ago.

JaseC

The Witcher 3 trailer made me finally want to jump in Witcher 2 I've been postponing for years now.
The Full Combat Rebalance mod is worth it? Also, on CDPR site there's the 1.2 version, is that the final one?

And, one more thing: I'm planning to play it with a controller, but I remember menus (inventory and stuff) were totally painful to use with a controller. Is it my memory that's broken, or is there some mod that ease that pain?

Yes.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Lifeless Planet is out of Early Access.
I really enjoyed the 2-3h of content, that the beta version offered and am really excited to play the full game this weekend.
Can highly recommend this one if you're in for a tense atmosphere adventure with some platforming.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261530

Aw damn, held off to see how impressions were and the dev mentioned there being a discount at launch so as to not rush people who didn't want early access. Maybe it'll come back later in the day but that is a jump from $12.99.

JaseC

Aw damn, held off to see how impressions were and the dev mentioned there being a discount at launch so as to not rush people who didn't want early access. Maybe it'll come back later in the day but that is a jump from $12.99.

It's still $12.99 on GameFly, which can be reduced to $11.04 with JUN15OFF.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Limbo getting linux port it seems.

How much sense would it make to split up those paddles into two? So you'll have one button for each of your middle finger and ring finger.

Two more rebind-able keys? Works quite well actually and the Hybrid is improved ergonomically as well for that and everything else. Honestly it's my favorite go-to 360-type pad for most games based on it's ergonomics, only three other controllers that are equal to it or close are the Saturn Model 2/GameCube controller/MLG Controller. IMO

JaseC

Cheers, though the GMG thread made me think to check there and sure enough it was still $12.99. Slapped some playfire credit on it to bring it down to almost $5 out of my bank.

Ah, I didn't think to check GMG, but I've used up my credit so it's no big loss. For some reason GameFly's phone verification form wouldn't accept my mobile number so now I have to wait for a rep to confirm my order via e-mail. I hope I'm still entitled to the $11 price should the order not be processed before the hike.

Dr Dogg

Oh, what do we have here. An Early Access game that got released in a reasonable timeframe. Looks hot.

Early Access is obviously a bit hit or miss but the likes of Klei who got Don't Starve out in a reasonable fashion and haven't made Invisible Ink fully available yet seem to be a safe pair of hands. Kerbal is a game that will essentially be in perpetual beta or a very, very long time before it gets a 1.0 release but you can not argue for a lack of quality and quantity content with that game. The others a massive mixed bag though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom