• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

lazyguys bundle emailed out keys for "metal planet"

check your promotions folder if gmail..i gotta say, i wish all the bundle sites did this. much easier than checking the "keys added" page all the time

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Sweet baby ninjas, I had no idea the Axe was so overpowered. Amazing video! And yes, you're right; I tried to do the exploit last night without any success but you know what? Who needs that exploit when the axe+bomb combo is insane.

Funny fact about the Axe; it was widely considered throughout the whole of development to be the "dud" subweapon (about as useful as the Molotov and Jelly Bomb), only I was in favour of it. :p

nexen

Hello to all amazing and nice GAFfers.

I was checking Steam and I saw that someone made a comment on my Mafia II Review with one question:

Can you play this game in a way that isn't "manly"?

I may have hit some sort of language barrier because I really don't know how to answer this. How do you even play a game in a way that is or isn't manly? I'm lost here, I don't like to leave nobody without an answer but this time my poor English vocabulary and basic understanding is failing me.

I'd reply "You could try wearing lacier panties while playing.", but that is just me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Funny fact about the Axe; it was widely considered throughout the whole of development to be the "dud" subweapon (about as useful as the Molotov and Jelly Bomb), only I was in favour of it. :p

SovanJedi
provides useful feedback
(Today, 10:18 PM)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
nice timing! Deadly Premonition, Spec-Ops, Lone Survivor, Alan Wake are out of the question unfortunately, as already played.

I'm not sure about Cryostasis, Call of Cthulhu and Scratches (especially last two, I think we even talked about those, in depth, not 100% sure, though). Is Cryostasis sold somewhere digitally, BTW?

Year Walk and The Path won't work, I'm almost sure that minimalistic story is quite opposite of what I should be looking for.

Can you tell me more about I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream? I somehow never got around playing it. How is gameplay in that one?

Thanks for reminding me about Kentucky Route Zero too! It's unfinished, but still good option to consider.

On Cryostasis, Amazon has it, but it'd be a boxed copy and not redeem on Steam I am certain: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7798A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cthulhu and Scratches are good, but of course crossing over treaded ground isn't for best intentions.

It's an old 1990s game. Back when it came out its story was revolutionary, and it's continued to be a cult classic.

The intro can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw-88h-LcTk

It's a point'n'click adventure game, though not a pixel-hunting type, it has legitmate puzzles, some of them are real brainscratchers, and deals with a super computer putting five people through their own personal hells. The five people come from different eras of history, as the computer has solved the answer to how to manipulate time and space and has become essentially a god to man. His first action was to wipe out humanity, except a few remaining souls he keeps to torment... Or is there another reason? And why these five, specific people? Goes to everything from making a civilized man like a caveman, an ex-nazi doctor have to go through a concentration camp experience again, and more.

Every time I see the Cave for cheap i consider it for a moment, only to remember that when I tried it out on the PS3 (free through ps+) that i was pretty bored with it almost immediately and found it tedious.

Maybe i'll get it for a dollar one day.

Cryostasis keys can still be found for only a handful of TF2 keys if you hunt around. This guy's selling it for 6, for example.

Cryostasis keys can still be found for only a handful of TF2 keys if you hunt around. This guy's selling it for 6, for example.

Boxed copies can be found for cheaper, are completely free of drm, but don't include redeemable steam keys.

of course that only matter if one is just trying to play the game, not trying to up their steam collection numbers :p

Use up your playfire credit and get it for a $1 =V

I only really use playfire for those "play for the first time" credits. I don't like a service dictating my gameplay but that's just me being a wiener.

Tizoc

Every time I see the Cave for cheap i consider it for a moment, only to remember that when I tried it out on the PS3 (free through ps+) that i was pretty bored with it almost immediately and found it tedious.

Use up your playfire credit and get it for a $1 =V

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sony, can we please have official DS4 drivers :/
(I know we can already use them.. but gotta love official :X)

Don't hold your breath. They had 7+ years to make some for the DS3 when there was a clear presence on the internet wanting them (multiple custom community drivers) and they never did.

And based off what I have read about the community drivers for the DS4's Sony's would probably be limiting in comparison feature set wise.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I may be the only one, but I trust Sony less than Microsoft on the PC.

The last major thing they did was create Securom. The time before that they installed no-hyperbole, straight-up rootkits.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

You'd still probably have to run an xinput emulator, as they're not going to do it natively. The third party one is fine.

r3n4ud

thanks man :)

3AGB0AY.gif

:p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-16E2475A297412AF
Incoming Forces -- MB-70643D55D02841AE

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Or for free.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Cave -- MB-83899C52B936EF52 - Taken by Pakkidis. 17 entrants total.
Jet Set Radio -- MB-D49AC83B3401A8DD - Taken by Zeeman. 17 entrants total.

t1402075990z1.png

Two games I personally loved playing. :)

Here's an article on the first week of sales of ibb & obb:

There’s a lot of talk about it becoming harder to sell decent numbers on Steam. Steam is opening up and more and more games get released every day. For us 4901 is a good first week, but then again, sales have now gone down to around 70 a day and we don’t know how that will look in a month from now.

It’s scary to see the huge influence of the main banner. We had two great days because of that, but if we had released a few days later, we might not have been in there at all.

What went well?
- Timing. We think we (based on Valve’s suggestion) picked the right day to release. It’s not common any more to have a day with only one game release and we feel that helped us stay longer in the main banner.

- Double Pack. The double pack sold by far the most copies. The 4901 units sold actually means that around 7000 players now own the game. It also means a lot of people sent a gift to a friend, which is perfectly in line with what ibb & obb is about.

- Streamers. We managed to get quite some attention from Youtubers and Twitch streamers. Let’s Play videos fit the game well. It’s very easy to pick up and the co-op focus makes the interaction between players fun to watch.

- Germany : )

What could have gone better?
- Press. We only got a handful of reviews so far and hardly any attention from bigger sites. From some of them we know they didn’t cover the PC release, because they already reviewed the PlayStation3 version. With so many games longing for attention, that makes a lot of sense. Which means that for a smaller game like ibb & obb, a multi-platform launch might be necessary to get enough attention.
Then again, this might just mean our press release wasn’t all that good and our press list too short.

More at the link
http://ibbandobb.com/our-first-week-on-steam/

Nothing too surprising, but since these things are rare I though someone might be interested

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heads up, if like me you activated Cognition episode 4 from indieroyale Pheonix bundle when it came out and didnt pay atention, even tho the key activated and steam said you owned it, when you opened the game you actually didnt, episode 4 was grayed out.

indieroyale issued new keys for it so you need to redeem the new one

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Ok guys, Cth was kind enough to pass on the Dark Souls II season pass so I am going to do a giveaway again later. Since a lot of mega-givers don't own Dark Souls II I decided to give away another game with it so that more people will get a chance to win a big game and leave Dark Souls II Season Pass to the hardcore fans . I put together a poll in which you can vote what game you'd like me to give away. I also added a "EPIC GIVEAWAY" option which means that I'll sell Dark Souls II season pass and get a very expensive game to give away instead like Grid Autosport, Divinity Original Sin, Wolfenstein or Shadow of Mordor. The choice is yours

http://strawpoll.me/1840522

P.S: More game recommendations for my poll are welcome

I'm gonna leave this on for 2.5 more hours. Also like I said, If you'd like me to give away another game please PM me your choice and I'll count the vote

Arthea

On Cryostasis, Amazon has it, but it'd be a boxed copy and not redeem on Steam I am certain: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D7798A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cthulhu and Scratches are good, but of course crossing over treaded ground isn't for best intentions.

It's an old 1990s game. Back when it came out its story was revolutionary, and it's continued to be a cult classic.

The intro can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw-88h-LcTk

It's a point'n'click adventure game, though not a pixel-hunting type, it has legitmate puzzles, some of them are real brainscratchers, and deals with a super computer putting five people through their own personal hells. The five people come from different eras of history, as the computer has solved the answer to how to manipulate time and space and has become essentially a god to man. His first action was to wipe out humanity, except a few remaining souls he keeps to torment... Or is there another reason? And why these five, specific people? Goes to everything from making a civilized man like a caveman, an ex-nazi doctor have to go through a concentration camp experience again, and more.

That narrow my choices nicely

I'll let you know what I chose and was it appreciated, if you want.

look what you have done!
now I want it for myself (._.)

The_Monk

I'm gonna leave this on for 2.5 more hours. Also like I said, If you'd like me to give away another game please PM me your choice and I'll count the vote

I just read GRID Autosport so I had to give that one a chance but to honest I don't think many GAFfers are interested in the game, perhaps oipic is one of them, but I don't believe many are looking for it. Either way, it seems that you already have a winner. Thank you for doing this. ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-FA6383D96076F90F - Taken by illusionary
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7D054A17A7F62B28 - Taken by sheaaaa
Spirits -- MB-262AE57FA4565CFB - Taken by wetflame

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Woke up this morning to find that Amazon gave me a Steam key for Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, which I originally purchased from them in 2011 as part of a $5 pack that had like 20 games in it. This is, of course, after I emailed them when the game was released on Steam and requested a Steam key, and was denied.

Since then I got the game on a Groupees bundle, and played it, and got 100% achievements.

So... thanks I guess. Will put it in my "to Modbot" pile. :)

JakeD

heads up, if like me you activated Cognition episode 4 from indieroyale Pheonix bundle when it came out and didnt pay atention, even tho the key activated and steam said you owned it, when you opened the game you actually didnt, episode 4 was grayed out.

indieroyale issued new keys for it so you need to redeem the new one

thanks for letting me know. that's really strange. i wonder what that first key even did. it said i owned episode 4 in the DLC menu even before redeeming the second key, so i was surprised it even let me redeem the second. but yes the download size changed after redeeming the second one.

abracadaver

Is someone buying something from getgamesgo and can buy daikatana for me ?
I can't buy it with paypal because you have to spend at least $3.12 to pay with paypal but the game only costs $1.49. I would pay you the money with paypal in advance.

oipic

I just read GRID Autosport so I had to give that one a chance but to honest I don't think many GAFfers are interested in the game, perhaps oipic is one of them, but I don't believe many are looking for it.

Indeed, dear Monk - I thought of you, too. :)

Ok guys <snip> The choice is yours

Thoughtful and generous community-minded gesture, Sub - great stuff. Thanks.

r3n4ud

Desura extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

ulgzbKC.png
Fatal Theory (Desura) -- MB-0552FD34691E1A67
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-CDE5B1ABA09E4FB9 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
ulgzbKC.png
Inside the Gear (Desura) -- MB-28390DCEEA581718

Jawmuncher

First Killer is Dead and now Dead Rising 3. I really didnt think either would come to pc after I had bought them on their original platforms.
At least I bought both when they were on sale. Lucked out with Fable Anniversary though so I hadnt bought that yet. Will definitely grab that.

louiedog

Floating Point is now available and free. It attaches to your account for the time being. They've done this before and then changed a free game to F2P style where you need it installed to show up in your library.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Floating Point is now available and free. It attaches to your account for the time being. They've done this before and then changed a free game to F2P style where you need it installed to show up in your library.

Thanks for the heads up - in for the +1, and the game looks pretty cool.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Oh boy I'm sitting at 498 games. What should be #500?

(Don't say Bad Rats, I already have that reserved for #1000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom