• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

tumblr_inline_n6qxcnfRYj1r0208w.png

I remember getting the OG version of this game in some bundle (either All Stars or Groupees), but I could never get it to run.

Looks like I'll be double-dipping on the Steam vers.

saunderez

Yeah, especially if you live in Europe where the game prices are ridiculous even when discounted.

Tropico 5 for 4 keys seems kinda low now that the preorder period is over...Did you do a 4 pack opening? I hope you didn't get an illegal copy that will disappear from your inventory in a week or so

Yeah it was a 4 pack opening. I did my due diligence and checked out the traders rep, he seems legit so hopefully it won't go sour. He's made over 3000 trades I should be ok.

saunderez

4 keys? I assume you opened a 4pack?

Yeah, bought 9 keys to get a single copy, guy offered to let me open a 4 pack if I wanted it for myself. He said I didn't need collateral because I've got 650+ games on my account so I went for it. Will spend the remaining keys on something else from my wishlist.

Kiru

But we are already playing it.

Yeah lol. There was no way to install something. It was just some weird shop page without buy option:

Reviews

“Valve’s Steam service is one of the first big online gaming marketplaces, and currently stands out as the best.”
4.5/5 – http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392198,00.asp

banner.png

About the Game
Steam is the pioneering game platform that distributes and manages thousands of games directly to a community of more than 50 million players around the world. Play, connect, create and more. Install Steam today and start gaming!
Key Features:

Instant Access to Thousands of Games

We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, cloud saves, automatic game updates and other great perks.

Create and Share Content

Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.

Join the Community

Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 50 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.

Big Picture

Steam is formatted for use with your TV and game controller, so you can enjoy your Steam games from the comfort of your couch.

Available on PC, Mac, and Linux

We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
foilbbq7u.jpg

Must be my lucky day (and it's only 12:25). Hopefully this one doesn't take a month to sell, haha.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah lol. There was no way to install something. It was just some weird shop page without buy option:

If only this was a real game about trying to manage Valve operations. Just imagine, you would get the opportunity to delay HL3 yourself by playing as Gaben.

pahamrick

Quote for Green Man Gaming 25% voucher link. Broke as hell, so I can't use it. Hopefully someone else can!

Just post if you used it, please.

Lifeless Planet was released out of Early Access today and the price jumped to $19.99. When the game was still in Early Access, the description on its store page mentioned that if all you wanted to do was buy the game to save money to not worry about it because it would be discounted on release. I also remember the developer saying it to someone on the forum but I can't seem to find the topic. Anyway, I was set to buy it today because I was waiting for it to get out of Early Access, and since the price wouldn't be an issue I figured it'd be fine to do.

Edit: Found a cached page of what it said: https://web.archive.org/web/20140513114113/http://store.steampowered.com/app/261530/

We're offering a 25% discount on the full price of the game, but we'll almost certainly discount it on release too, so please don't buy now if you just want to save money. Again, this is about helping to refine the game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Who's Gaming Now still coming through. Just got a key for Flashout 2. Hopefully a competent Wipeout clone.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked the GMG sale to see if the Sega Megadrive/Genesis collection 5 and/or Sonic CD was on sale. Of course they aren't.

It's getting harder and harder to wait until the summer sale :/

fantomena

Paying through Shadowrun Returns. Much better game than I expected. Just finished the Dragonfall DLC and going through the original campaign now.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
*drum rolls*...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Transistor -- MB-93C785B48268CA1B
Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-406F3FE71572409A - Taken by Grief.exe
Banished -- MB-9620ACF9318DF916

t1402159564z1.png

Decided to pick up Banished as well, since it came second in my poll. Was going to buy Grim Dawn for myself but I was feeling extra generous for some reason :p

Only thing I ask of you is to enter for a game that you really want and are going to play. These are no cheap bundlegames so being greedy and grabbing them just for card drops or to look at their pretty icons in your grid view is not a nice thing to do. Also, like the rules are stating, please don't give them to friends or trade them. I put the Mega-Giver rule to especially thank members who have given away many games. Just be cool and enjoy. Good Luck ;)

About the Dark Souls II season pass. It's ok if you don't have the game but plan to pick it up soon and play the game before the DLCs come out. There are a lot of dedicated Dark Souls II players here that would appreciate the season pass, so if you are not very interested in it, it would be good if you let them claim it instead

That's an awesome giveaway :), but don't most megagivers simply give away a ton of bundle games, so you could get that status super quick and for less than what you payed for Transistor. In any case, yall are a great bunch of people here :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom