• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

That's very kind of you Sub Zero, thank you for doing this. :)

While I still have to play Transistor (will pick it up later on) and Banished I'll refrain from entering since my Backlog is decent enough so I hope it will go to a good home. I will try my luck (third time's a charm) with DS Season Pass. Already put 40 hours in it and there's still a lot to see and do.

BruteUA

Is GhostControl Inc. one of those "Hurry and buy it before it gets taken down" things? Is it far enough removed from Ghostbusters to be safe? I'm sure if I don't grab it now, it gets pulled. And if I do, it'll be dirt cheap/bundled soon. Who am I gonna call??

Deques

*drum rolls*...

Decided to pick up Banished as well, since it came second in my poll. Was going to buy Grim Dawn for myself but I was feeling extra generous for some reason :p

Only thing I ask of you is to enter for a game that you really want and are going to play. These are no cheap bundlegames so being greedy and grabbing them just for card drops or to look at their pretty icons in your grid view is not a nice thing to do. Also, like the rules are stating, please don't give them to friends or trade them. I put the Mega-Giver rule to especially thank members who have given away many games. Just be cool and enjoy. Good Luck ;)

About the Dark Souls II season pass. It's ok if you don't have the game but plan to pick it up soon and play the game before the DLCs come out. There are a lot of dedicated Dark Souls II players here that would appreciate the season pass, so if you are not very interested in it, it would be good if you let them claim it instead

Yay, Banished. My voice was heard ^^

Hotline Miami $1.49.

header.jpg

beat

r3n4ud

Is GhostControl Inc. one of those "Hurry and buy it before it gets taken down" things? Is it far enough removed from Ghostbusters to be safe? I'm sure if I don't grab it now, it gets pulled. And if I do, it'll be dirt cheap/bundled soon. Who am I gonna call??

Not sure, but it released on Desura in January. I don't see it having a problem.

JustLynx

*drum rolls*...

Decided to pick up Banished as well, since it came second in my poll. Was going to buy Grim Dawn for myself but I was feeling extra generous for some reason :p

Only thing I ask of you is to enter for a game that you really want and are going to play. These are no cheap bundlegames so being greedy and grabbing them just for card drops or to look at their pretty icons in your grid view is not a nice thing to do. Also, like the rules are stating, please don't give them to friends or trade them. I put the Mega-Giver rule to especially thank members who have given away many games. Just be cool and enjoy. Good Luck ;)

About the Dark Souls II season pass. It's ok if you don't have the game but plan to pick it up soon and play the game before the DLCs come out. There are a lot of dedicated Dark Souls II players here that would appreciate the season pass, so if you are not very interested in it, it would be good if you let them claim it instead

Amazing gives!!! can't enter those yet, but thank you for being awesome :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Metal Planet keys added to Indieroyale Debut 7

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if I delete Floating Point it disapears from my library like any f2p, why are people saying its a +1?

Rhaknar

It uses the free licence system, so it's attached to your library as it would be if you'd bought it.

well if it disapears when I delete it I dont care, my library OCD is stronger than my game count OCD

Vuze

Hotline Miami for you. Awesome soundtrack and trippy game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-E090A5890AA32CF9 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total.

t1402075550z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well if it disapears when I delete it I dont care, my library OCD is stronger than my game count OCD

That's an issue with the beta client. Switch to the stable release or wait for Valve to fix the bug. Rest assured the game is permanently attached to your account.

So I traded some of my spare 360 controllers in for an Xbone one, decent. As expected, it works exactly like a 360 controller, although the analog sticks are quite a bit looser, and the shoulder buttons are just weird, but thats more an adjustment thing than anything. Not going to replace my main 360 one yet (Need them to release a wireless dongle first), but as a spare and one to keep near my PC for now its actually rather nice. Still prefer the DS4 though.

Rhaknar

That's an issue with the beta client. Switch to the stable release or wait for Valve to fix the bug. Rest assured the game is permanently attached to your account.

ah ha! good to know

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Draw a Stickman EPIC -- MB-58CB3E882E3D43F6 - Taken by Halo 2. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-4146882B7B11C0B8 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-9A78C3E4FB4AE9FA - Taken by Exuro. 3 entrants total.

t1402075826z1.png

vermadas

So excited that Shovel Knight finally has a release date. I feel bad for doing a blurb for it in the April thread and giving everyone false hope :(

Uzzy

Paying through Shadowrun Returns. Much better game than I expected. Just finished the Dragonfall DLC and going through the original campaign now.

You've already played the best part, as Dragonfall is far superior to the original campaign. It's still decent, but doesn't really have much to praise.

Rhaknar

Heileen got cards aswell (just released, was on indiegala every monday 8)

So excited that Shovel Knight finally has a release date. I feel bad for doing a blurb for it in the April thread and giving everyone false hope :(
No need to feel bad. You increased awareness of the game. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I'm sure the devs aren't unhappy about that.

Baha

Some leftovers to give away:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Questrun -- MB-4249061FB892D51F - Taken by bornlivedie. 3 entrants total.
Rescue: Everday Heroes US Edition -- MB-6534BB5A29F59418 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-E51992BB26AF1329

t1402076596z1.png

Miguel81

Is Castle of Illusion as good of an update as Ducktales? The ladder was a heck of a lot of fun, and it helps that I watched the show and played the original back in '89.

nexen

Is Castle of Illusion as good of an update as Ducktales? The ladder was a heck of a lot of fun, and it helps that I watched the show and played the original back in '89.

I didn't play Ducktales but I was under the impression that consensus was that Castle of Illusion is a better update than Ducktales.

I played the new Castle of Illusion, but not the original. The new one was super fun except for the very final boss whom I hate.

Yakkue

I haven't played Ducktales, but I had a lot of fun with Castle of Illusion (after I got it to run smoothly, but I think they fixed that issue already). It's a really charming game!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

They're very different from each other. Castle of Illusion is a really rich re-imagination of the original; it's quite difficult, it's 3D visually but the levels change perspective and can be 2D or 3D, and the game mostly takes pretty loose inspiration. It's an update or an homage. DuckTales is pretty close to a direct remake with added script and the final level added. Castle of Illusion is a longer game, although the two are around the same if you want to 100% both. Personally I think I got more out of the Castle of Illusion remake than the Ducktales remake.

Just know that the platforming is a little stiff and it's quite difficult.

Today is the day!

ieeillrQt2Ln0.gif

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285440/

NeoGaf OT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828691

My Arcade Stick is ready!

And damn, there are 15 games listed on the "coming soon" tab for release today...

What's the price going to be?

*drum rolls*...

You crafty crafty saintly man.
I have no idea what to enter for! 3 things I don't own... my head is going to explode.
Is the third time a charm for Dark Souls II season pass? Or do I try another shot for transistor now that Rhankar already won a copy. ;)

Either way, thank you for the chance to win (again).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crap, I just realized it's for mega-givers only. I'm not there (yet). What happens? Does my entry just get ignored by Modbot? I would feel horrible and guilty if I somehow won it.

There'd be no point to the rules if they were functionally useless. ;)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What's the price going to be?

You crafty crafty saintly man.
I have no idea what to enter for! 3 things I don't own... my head is going to explode.
Is the third time a charm for Dark Souls II season pass? Or do I try another shot for transistor now that Rhankar already won a copy. ;)

Either way, thank you for the chance to win (again).

I expect Banished and Transistor to have way more entrants than the season pass, so it would be smart to enter for Dark Souls

Crap, I just realized it's for mega-givers only. I'm not there (yet). What happens? Does my entry just get ignored by Modbot? I would feel horrible and guilty if I somehow won it.

That's why I set the timer to 24 hours (if there was an option for 48 or 72 I would go for it). I'd like to give people who are not quite there yet the chance to give away some games. There are lots of $1 bundles with a wealthy amount of games that you can buy and give away

I'm not quite sure if I activated this one but I think this is the one GMG gave me and not the one I bought earlier from GMG.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-B619FFE0A5B97CDD - Taken by nature boy. 7 entrants total.

t1465254000z0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom